Thread: Settling in North Carolina

Settling in North Carolina

Hi girls,

Not sure where to put this so will try here...

Well actually this week there was no crossdressing but being a TG girl still entered into the equation to a certain extent. Earlier in the week my wife and I flew into North Carolina. The place where I got the job offer payed for trip; the purpose was that I accepted their offer last month contingent on my wife first seeing area. My wife had said it was OK but I felt at least I owed that to her. During our stay here (through Sunday), we would also look for houses.

My wife says she likes the area and we looked at what seemed like thousands of houses! That part was stressful. However, after a few days we actually did find a nice house that fit our needs: it was affordable, we got good mortgage (reasonable monthly payments) and has a lot of room for storage! It's a 3 bedroom so we will have a master bedroom, combination sewing room (wife) and exercise room (me) and a guest room (which will also double as Steffie's room). The closets will be spacious (especially the master bedroom)! In the master walk-in there is even a shoe rack to put all our shoes (my few male shoes, my wife's shoes and Steffie's 50 shoes lol)! Another great feature is the garage. Now I can actually safely leave the house dressed by going to the garage and drive out as Steffie without neighbors seeing. Plus the houses are not on top of one another which helps Steffie get away too. It mis a far cry from my condo in NJ!

Once we got a house (they accepted our offer Friday and hopefully we can close by mid-April), we then went and got appliances (washer/dryer/refrigerator and a nice TV for living room-all on 36 month free financing) as well as a few more furniture pieces (24 months free financing) which will help match the hardwood floors.

I got the more expensive house as well as extra furniture to help make my wife happy. She was. In fact she was so happy she even said will go out with Steffie every New Years Eve from now on. She never has really gone out with me in NJ but at least now will do so once every year. That is nice if she will do that. But that was not reason for buying these things. She just kind of said it out of the blue. I hope she still means it later in the year.

At least now we can relax through Sunday (when we leave back for NJ). We're going to look around area on Saturday. In fact my wife said she will help me pick out an outfit (maybe another lady business suit) for when I go to see Tyra show as audience member in NYC as Steffie next week (with my other TG friend). We will move down there sometime in May.

Sorry for long post but I am both happy, relieved and excited to be starting a kind of new life (better job, nice house, etc.)! Plus now no more clutter!! There will be three people in house (me, my wife and Steffie) and Steffie can now have her own room and plenty of closet space which every girl can appreciate!

Steffie
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

sounds nice... I'm sure you'll have a great time at the tyra show...she has done well with doing subject manner on transgendered individuals...

More great news Steffie congrats hun.
    Angie
    PS what day is the show hun.

Hi Steff: let me be the first to welcome you to North Carolina. I assume you flew into one of the major airports in Charlotte, Greensboro or Raleigh. All three locations are on the I-85 Corridor. This corridor feeds just about all parts of the State. I live along this corridor, in the High Point, Winston Salem area and I'm sure other NC girls will be along soon to welcome you too. You and your family will enjoy this State, as you will only have a short drive to our Mountains or our many Beaches. All of which are great vacation spots.
    Amy

Steffie,

How exciting! Isn't it fun moving into a new phase of your life -- especially when you start getting all the niggling details worked out?

I LOVE NC. Lived there for 4 years. Where in the state are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Scott View Post
    Where in the state are you?
    Thanks girls. I'm near Asheville and that is the airport I flew into. I hope I get to meet a lot of TG and GG's there.

Steffie
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

Love Asheville, We are about 20 miles north of Charlotte. First thing you should do if havent already is to see the Biltmore house. Amazing!!!!

Welcome to NC!!! We are near Raleigh but have family near Charlotte! Would love to maybe meet you and your wife one day? Is she on the forum?
    Proud Mistress to Michelle-NC

At least now that you are going to live in NC instead of NJ, when you see the leaves change in Autumn you won't be called leaf peepers.

leaf peepers = all of the outside people who come down to the Smoky Mountains to see the leaves change colors in October. Leaf Peepers are the one that act like they have never seen trees change colors before

For one of those romantic getaways you will need to stay at the Biltmore or at least visit it in November when they put up all of the Christmas trees.

Quote Originally Posted by MsJanGG View Post
    Welcome to NC!!! We are near Raleigh but have family near Charlotte! Would love to maybe meet you and your wife one day? Is she on the forum?

Sure would love to meet! My wife is not on forum though. She usually doesn't get involved with Steffie things. You can PM me anytime you want to get together.

Steffie
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

Ashville is the best. I have been there a dozen times looking at houses.When we go there i am dressed 24-7.Every where my wife and i go there we are greeted as ladys. My wife feels so comfortable there we someday will be moving there. Good luck Baley
    Blonde and beautiful Yea!! Summer is here

Steffie, Asheville is less than a 4 hour drive from Atlanta. If you want to get out and about in Atlanta sometime, be sure to contact me.
    Phoebe

Baltimore Estate also make wine !!!
    Not too bad . In fact much better than the local "moon shine". Be sure to get some overalls , a good John Deer hat(maybe pink), some Daisy Dukes and at least one
    jacket with your favorite NASCAR number on the back to add to your wardrobe.
    Being a native Tar Heel, I can assure you that you will love living there !!!

Steffie, you will love living there as will your wife. It offers so much more in many ways and as you said, uncluttered and alive! Taking a weekend to Myrtle Beach will be in order, you'll love it.

I'll be going between SC & NC soon enough though may not run into you gals...unless you like hitting the local street car race tracks. It would be great to meet you all at some point!
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Steffie,
    my father lives in Marshall, just up the road to the northeast!
    he says he loves the climate.
    so glad you have your own closet, lots of room for more shoes! and that you're not stuck in it!
    best wishes,
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song