Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Young(er) and not feeling in place here

I'm 26 and I'm glad to see some sub 30's around, I must say it kinda shocked me when I first came in that most users were way older than me.
    I must also mentionned I'm def. a guy with strong urge to come out as a girl sometimes, but not enough to be refered as a "girl". I'm just like a split "personality".

Obviously MentalMercury just reading what you typed, I feel definitly more connection to you than the majority.

you're right luv!

But if you're on these sites enough you'll see that there is lots of diversity and most don't dress and go out...most dress and try to feel as fem as possible at home...either alone or with their SO's...i'm older and don't wear hose and heels as much as i used to *very seldom, in fact*, but when i really want to feel feminine, then i dress up and glam with makeup and love the feeling, expecially if i'm going out! But day to day, i still enjoy skirts and dresses to pants not only for the feeling and freedom, but that's just who i am...i'm just more comfortible in skirts!
    The point is that we are All different, but share a common thread in our structure that involves femininity and the love of women and their clothes! That's the fun in enjoying feminine dress...the diversity and colors and materials and looks...and we are all different in our degrees of enjoyment...some dress plain and in jeans and others glam up all the time, but that's what makes us all so interesting!
    Through the years, you will change and grow and perfect and go thru all kinds of stages...just like all of us have...and it'll be lots of fun if you let it! I still like short,tight skirts...though probably shouldn't wear them at my age!
    Just enjoy and appreciate the diversity....we're quite a community and pretty unique!
    best of luck!
    ashlee
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

I am 27 and gay. I too felt sort of Awarqward when I joined I was hoping to find a more "younger crowed" (Sorry no offense ment)". I am glad to see that more younger people are posting on the forum. I would love to talk to more crossdressers around my age to help me better understand what I am going through as a gay crossdressing male.

Amanda
    Amanda

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    MM I'm glad you're here it always good to have an influx of different ideas.
    But keep in mind we need to respect each other and not step on each others feet.
    Music is my thing too guitar playing is a very big part of my being.I've been playing in bands since the 70's
    I'm 55 and rock my ass off in a thrash metal band on the weekends.I mean loud and brutal "no pussies allowed is our motto".
    Think Slayer,Anthrax,Overkill with a little Super Joint Ritual thrown in.
    I dress more like a 30-ish girl tight jeans, girly tees you know just casual.
    I think you look killer JMO.Goth to a degree is cool DD's girls avatar just knocks me out.Sulrty but very tastful.

I wish I were able to explore my crossdressing earlier too!

I feel I lost a good 25 years of exploration.

As I get more mature my tastes in clothing is more feminine. I am very much into dresses that have pretty colors and designs.

Sometimes I like the school girl look with the pleated skirt and blouse.

That look is hard to pull off though.

I love womens skirt suits also.

emmi

Well i love all styles but i agree thers not many places us 22 year olds can go im not a fulltime girl i dont know if u are but i kinda understand ,But i am glad this forum has a place for younger people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_Banana View Post
    I'm only 32 (But I still feel like 25) and sometimes I feel the same way. I'm not really into the casual look (right now, anyway). I like the gothy club look, and I lean a little toward the drag queen side of things. It's great that everyone has their own way of making themselves feel feminine, but sometimes I feel a little left out, too.

I guess being early thirties is like being a 'tween here. (haha)
    I too go for more the dark, simpler look most of the time. I frequent a 'goth' night in the area, and I know several people who CD on that night (reasoning unclear), and their outfits vary from boots, fishnets and the like to tight pants and so on and on..

I imagine I would concur with others on this forum when I say that it is indeed to each your own, and whatever you feel comfortable doing YOURSELF.

Hi MM,

I'm just another oldie that you weren't trying to appeal to but just wanted my .

Just to say stick around. If you want more girls your age here, then they may only be attracted if they feel that the community is relevant to their age group. Catch-22!

Also, despite my advanced years, I can also appreciate the casual look, and love the way young girls dress - I especially like the (anything goes) layered looks. Perhaps, you can teach an old dog (or should that be bitch) some new tricks.

Finally, as to why the membership is generally older. Perhaps, it's because at your age we were too busy getting married, having kids, developing careers etc. Now in later life, the kids have left home, we're divorced and lonely, unemployed or retired, and have nothing better to do than hang out here! - JUST JOKING!

I'm 65 and never liked heels, My idea of dressing was jeans and flats and a women's blouse. Wear whatever you want that is traditionally for the opposite sex. You're still crossdressing and this is the place to be. We went through what you're going through when we were younger, the women just dressed differently; therefore, we tend to dress as the women did when we were young. Some of us wear what women our age are wearing. You don't see many grandmothers dressing in goth or punk.

Marjory

Another old sissy

I'm 53, so I guess that's old for a sissy. I rarely go out fully dressed and when I do I usually stay in the car or take short walks while trying to remain unseen (while secretely hoping I fail!) I still like wearing the short skirts even though I know I look ridiculous. Recently I bought some nice boots that go great with jeans. This was my first time in 40 years of crossdressing that I'd gone with a jeans look and I must say, I liked it but I did miss the feeling of rubbing my silky stocking covered legs together. Call me an old fool, but I think I've got nice legs and I just love the short skirts with high heels!

Talking about not feeling in place

mmmhhh..............as you might notice am from Africa and most pple in this group are from US and Europe but since CDing is universal i refuse to acknowledge the differences among us, in one way or the other i have benefited from this site more than any other site when it comes to my CDing and acknowledging the fact that people can really be different.

OK now talking about me being different from most folks here........lets start:

1. Am a bit younger than most folks am 29.
    2. I live in Africa the weather is very friendly so i have never worn a panty hose or find any interests in wearing them and the women in my country hardly wear them.
    3. I dont like wearing heavy makeup.
    4. I dont like wering formal dresses.
    5. I dont get it when pple start talking about 50s, 60s, 70s even 80s.
    6. sometimes i feel being (black) dark skinned is a minus from my part cos am a minority in these group.
    7. Am not married i dont have most problems associated with married Cds who form the majority here (i know i will eventually marry so i might benefit none the less)...........

the list is endless, but in a nut shell we dont always fit totally into the groups we belong to check for example in your family they might all be tall while you are short or they might all be girls while you happen to be a guy does that mean you wont participate or you will sulk when they exclude you in their affairs? No! you have to participate some how so that in the end they will acknowledge/recognise your presence and give you your own place and respect, that goes to all minorities.

MentalMercury show yourself, package yourself, present yourself nicely pple will definitely include you in their mix, and try not to feel out of place.

MM, I think that you'll find pretty much every kind of Cd'er here. We all have that one special 'look' that we wanted to have for ourselves, whether or not it seemed appropriate to anyone else (and most of us don't really care anyway if we aren't 'on display' for review). The 'heels and pantyhose' thing is something that most women wear when they are dressed up and pretty, which is why so many of us want that for ourselves, at least once in a while. Being able to wear and walk in heels is a right of passage for a woman. And so it is to a whole lot of us. We may not wear them every day, but like to know that we can. Me, I wear lots of age inappropriate stuff, because I wasn't able to wear it when I was that age, they just didn't make any of it in my size. So now, I anxiously await delivery of one very pretty bride outfit (see my avatar). To everyone here, thank you for being here. For me, it's been a long time coming to find a community like this. May everyone wear what they love, and love what they wear.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMercury View Post
    Just wondering if anyone shares my sentiment..

I find this whole 'walking in heels/pantyhose' thing is a common theme here... in my eyes, its not very common for real women to be running around in heels and pantyhose. Maybe since I'm younger though (22) things are different, but I feel a distinct separation from most of this community.

To me, casual crossdressing is jeans, boots, girly band tee, hairstyle, eyeliner, mascara, little cover up for beard stuff. And the club/dressy type stuff would be skirt, corset, again boots, fishnets, more makeup than I would for a casual look. You know.. just like other real women I see. Am I one of the only ones approaching it this way? Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.

Anyone else like me out there who looks at alot of these threads and goes "whut?". Sticking to the -chan boards (for the younger age group) is getting stagnant and I'm personally getting sick of all the nudity they post there and the fact that straight up transitioning/transitioned TGs have conquored control over casual/general crossdressing discussion.

Hey Gal! Its funny you made this post cause I was just thinking the same exact thing! hehe! I'm also 22 and im super into being a fashionable girl for my age. I usually only shop at stores like Gap, Forever 21 and Charlotte russe...as far as undies go...def Victorias secret! My favorite clothes are jeans, jean skirts, cute tank tops, dresses, leggings. As far as the nudity and all that, im equally as disgusted and tired of seeing it dominate cross dressing sites online! Hit me up Gal!

-Kris

Interesting OP. My SO wears a tight Victoria's Secret shirt with a stuffed bra. Regular pants, regular shoes, no makeup, no wig.

I'm 20 now, have been dressing since 12 on and off, and I have a half-way hard time relating to the dressing of some of the girls here. If I had my own clothes, I'd opt for a nice skirt, MAYBE as far as knee length but probably shorter, or a pair of shorts or jeans with a t-shirt or casual blouse. If I was feeling especially fem, maybe a casual dress. But yeah, nothing terribly fancy or suit-like. Would rather wear more fem normal clothing than fancy occasion stuff.

I always wondered why their are not more young CDs both on the internet (places like this forum) and out at the clubs. I was at SCC for a bit this year. I got on the elevator to the parking garage with a GG. She appeared to have been with one of the companies there doing the Transgendered Career Fair. Anyway she actually remarked to me how old most the CDs/Trans people were at the event! I told her anywhere I have seen CDs gather its always like that..the average age is in the forties.

Sorry you feel a bit lonely...I got no clue why more of ya aren't here but also other places.

Now...LOL...on the fashions. Like a bunch of people had said here thats a function of age to a degree. If I could for example wear whatever I wanted. It would probably be some 1980s look with heavy makeup, big hair and lovely dresses!!! I think a lot of CDs are programmed to be attracted to the styles and look of females from their younger days!

That being said I dress most da time to blend. So more often than not if ya saw me at the clubs or mall. I have on jeans and a basic little top with 2 inch heels.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Sweetie there are a bunch of us that dress to blend in which means that you do not wear dresses to the mall most of the time. I wear ladies tailored pants (a tailor is a must for us girls to get the right fit) and nice blouse or sweater set. If you ran into me at the mall you would have to sort me out from the rest of the over fifty crowd. Now at the club I might be the ones who doesn't look like the rest of the CD crowd because once again I am trying to blend and therefore pass as much as possible. Am I doing a good job I do not know but I have had a couple of GG's mentioned that I looked very nice and I have never had a bathroom filled with GG's throw me out.

Professional Socialite
    There are many different ways to dress as there are different people, you just need to find who you are and how you feel most comfortable dressing. there is no right or wrong way to do anything, you do what you feel is right. look out there and see what people are wearing, everyone is an individual and dresses to what suits them :>
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm in my mid thirties and don't have a lot of exposure to this community. To be honest, I feel very odd when I look at other people CDing. I don't have a need to be full time with it and don't identify with a lot of the way people approach the way they dress on this site.

That said, I do feel strongly that everyone has a right to be or whatever they want, so I don't pass judgement and want everyone to be happy with who they really are. It boils down to your own personal styles and tastes and who are we to judge.

I suspect I would identify with the younger crowd, or at least would be interested in reading the posts in the younger CD'ers section. I am definitely more interested in contemporary women's styles. I'd also be interested in a section for those of us who don't want to become women full-time and and are interested in GG's (maybe there already is a section... I'm fairly new here).

Cheers!