Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Young(er) and not feeling in place here

Metal Mistress from CT MentalMercury's Avatar

Young(er) and not feeling in place here

Just wondering if anyone shares my sentiment..

I find this whole 'walking in heels/pantyhose' thing is a common theme here... in my eyes, its not very common for real women to be running around in heels and pantyhose. Maybe since I'm younger though (22) things are different, but I feel a distinct separation from most of this community.

To me, casual crossdressing is jeans, boots, girly band tee, hairstyle, eyeliner, mascara, little cover up for beard stuff. And the club/dressy type stuff would be skirt, corset, again boots, fishnets, more makeup than I would for a casual look. You know.. just like other real women I see. Am I one of the only ones approaching it this way? Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.

Anyone else like me out there who looks at alot of these threads and goes "whut?". Sticking to the -chan boards (for the younger age group) is getting stagnant and I'm personally getting sick of all the nudity they post there and the fact that straight up transitioning/transitioned TGs have conquored control over casual/general crossdressing discussion.

my dear child-you are so lucky to be able to come to acceptance of your whole self at such a young age!us old cronies have done a lot of work to make that possible.my first impressions go back to girdles and nylon stocking which you probably have never seen worn?your matter of fact natural approach is wonderful .please endulge an old bag and stick around so we can get a glimpse of what it would have been like for us at your age.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

I agree with your comment about the amount of dressing for the real women. As I look at other women around town. I see that they aren't dressed like sometimes I would like to look myself. But as we all have been hopeing for and dreaming about, is just to be accepted by those around us. So don't be so upset over everyone who has a different style than yourself. We all have somewhat of a different style to the larger part of the world anyway.

Huggs
    No, those are my Panties]

Silver Member
    Hi MM, IMO each of us should try to dress in age and event appropriate outfits, but always in comfort. Never go to the mini mart in a prom dress or to the prom in a micro mini with boots & fishnets and expect to blend in! There are many styles/outfits that work or look good only on younger or well proportioned individuals. Some of us have to work harder to even find any feminine fashion that fits us well and at times have to make do with the secretary or business look as those styles are the ones that best cover a lot of "physical problems". All dressing is a matter of personal taste!

Enjoy life, Chari

thank you for your post . and i must say that if i had the courage to come out at your age i would dress like you too. @ 47 i can't get away with that look . but i like trying to look classy when i can. but for the most part i too dress in blue jeans t-shirts little to no makeup for my day to day travels .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I realize now that how I worded that was misleading... I don't dress full time, or in public usually. The only times I've gone in public was for going to a club with friends! Oh yeah and I plan on cosplaying a female video game character at 2 major anime/video game conventions coming up

Ive got to agree with you MentalMercury. I know everyone has their own style when it comes to clothing, but alot of the real women out there don't dress that way. I'm 22 too, and I'm the kinda girl that like the tightest jeans possible, or a mini skirt and the same kinda casual make up. It sucks there aren't younger girls on here like us...

One of the reasons we have this forum, it seems to me is to enjoy our own personal and unique "hobby". If you enjoy the way that you dress and look, then good for you. I for one would be very interested in how young makeup is different to my "old" version, with a view to updating my appearance perhaps.
    Alternatively, some of the pictures I have seen on here show a sophisticated and timeless style that many a GG would be envious of. Maybe they could give you few useful pointers?
    I think that one of the major points I'm trying to make is that we are a community - a commonwealth if you will - and as such we can all give (and take!) from our community.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

What a great post and you raise some good points. I usually post the pictures of me in outfits from when I go out to special events. My new white cowl neck sweater avatar is an example as I wore that to a dinner with some other T girls in a public restaurant.

But I'm wearing dungaree skirt right now, with a pair of slides, a camisole and a comfortable, baggy top. I have been to Tiffany Club in jeans, as do a number of a ladies, and been much more natural in that regard. I think we post more of the dress up shots.

One of my favorite posters on the board is the moderator, Sherlyn. She dresses the most comfortable of anyone I know and always, always looks great. Check out her pictures. A dungaree skirt and a baggy top on her looks so amazingly natural on her. I'd like to ascribe to that level someday.
    Kristen

Semi Sane innocent angel
    You will see me in jeans alot of times, skirts little less often.

I dress the same wa you would see a girl in 20's dress. Hey wait I am in my 20's .

dress for the venue. If its a club I dress the same way you would see other 20's years would dress

I'd rather be on this site because it deals more with crossdressing as a community rather than the far left transition with pictures and descriptions and all (YUCK)... as far as the question of are we trying too hard to look like a woman from the "dress like a woman" era that was whenever that was (women dress more like men now), I think crossdressing is a form of self expression (how many times have I said that?), and whatever you feel like wearing or however you want to present your self is up to you... I do dress in what I want to for "that" feeling.. what satisfies me...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I see what you are saying. Many of us are older and the times we grew up in were very different. No shows on TV about gay, trans or anything else "weird". Until the late 60's and early 70's what really happened in life and what popular culture reflected were way out of step. I am almost 50 and when I picture women it is usually in an A-line dress and pumps, like Doris Day. Each generation has it's own flavor and style. If you go to the other big site, CDforume.com they are even more "old fashion". I personally try to welcome the new but must admit that I miss the hard rock days. Just remember someday a young CD dressed in a tinfoil with antennas will be laughing at you.

Not to Young

I watch women all the time to try to dress more natural when I go out. And yes, the things I like to wear would be the exception. A little dressy for the casual woman.
    While having breakfast I noticed that almost all the women wore jeans or capris sandals or flip-flops and a few wore high heel boots under their jeans. Lots of college girls in sweats and sneakers. Tops were varied in taste and tunics and sweaters were common that day.
    So I have clothes that women wear in the real world, that I wear when I go out and try to blend in. I also have clothes that suit my fantasy as well.

No your not too young to hang around this forum. I wish I had accepted myself and that these resources were available to us when I was younger.
    Please stay around and share your adventures. We can envy you and join you vicariusly. And if us older girls are being a little to silly for you, relax and let the old women have their day!!! If they are happy, be happy for them.
    If you are happy, I will be happy for you. I promise not to be judgemental.
    yin/yang

I'm older than your mother.

If she 'dressed up' to go out....she'd probably dress more like me than you.

And yes maybe it does suck that there aren't that many young folk on the forum, but that's simply because it usually takes until middle age to a) Realise what you are. b) Dare to fully explore it.

Hi there MM, I am 32 and I figure I am in the younger half of the demographic here. I dress as my mood fits. For example, right now it is a gorgeous spring morning, so I am wearing a khaki skirt, a yellow and white polka dot top, some thigh highs(love em), and white canvas flats. Sometimes I dress to impress, dress to blend in the handful of times I have gone out, but when we have our little parties at home and I know those who are coming are accepting, I go wild. The main thing is, your clothes are an expression of yourself, so don't worry about what everyone else is wearing, be your young beautiful self and have fun!!
    Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale.

Not trying to disrespect your styles, more like trying to find more people I identify with.

I loved the comment about the tinfoil CDs laughing at me.

The Unlucky
    I'm right there with ya, when I dress most of the time it's just t-shirt, jeans and stuff. I'm only 25 and I too felt out of place here sometimes.

That's one of the reasons why I stopped posting for awhile.

Now don't get me wrong I do like to go all out; skirt, stockings heels and all that but 90% of the time it's just tight jeans and tight shirts and light make-up(except for my eyes I always go all out on them).

Im 19. Send me a message sometime and we can talk about young ppl stuff.

Glad you liked that. I think the idea that most of us hide and lie to our self about whats going on with us until we get older is pretty valid. I'm glad to see younger CD's . I think it's too bad teenagers with gender problems have nowhere to turn. The reality is anyone over 18 is at real risk even talking about it with a minor. I was really tortured by my urges as a teen and built an unhealthy attitude toward it that I still carry around. You are just out of teenhood how was it for you?

Just keep it in the thread if vikki, my purpose was to pull the younger people out of the hidey shadows and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jill s View Post
    Glad you liked that. I think the idea that most of us hide and lie to our self about whats going on with us until we get older is pretty valid. I'm glad to see younger CD's . I think it's too bad teenagers with gender problems have nowhere to turn. The reality is anyone over 18 is at real risk even talking about it with a minor. I was really tortured by my urges as a teen and built an unhealthy attitude toward it that I still carry around. You are just out of teenhood how was it for you?
    First person I told was my girlfriend at the time (when i was 17), she was not interested in it at all and we broke up soon after anyway (we already had problems), so I repressed it for a while, then gradually, slowly started accepting it as who I am, and it's made me very happy to find supportive friends and be able to be more open, baby steps, lots of baby steps. Now I probably own more girl clothes than guy clothes, hah

O OK. My take on dressing is diferent than yours. I like to go all out with it when I do it. I use a lot of make up, and usually wear over the top stuff, like a pair of 8inch platform stillehttos. I like to be extreme most of the time. Im doing for myself so I try to just live it up. Sometimes though I just fo my nails, lipstick, and eyeliner, and wear a regular shirt and jeans, but thats not my usuall look.

I myself am 22 and not sure with all the styles and stuff. I love wearing skirts and heels as much as I can. Im kinda like Mariah Carey, gotta wear heels with everything :P

It does stink not many around our age group are exploring or coming around here for whatever reasons they choose. It would be nice to have more in our age group to connect with but the others are great mentors too.

My style varies soo much. One day I may wear jeans, boots, t-shirt, the next week straight I might wear mini skirts with boots/heels, tight tops, etc... If I really had it my way, skirts, heels, all decked out makeup would be my "casual" dress. I like to try and attempt looking sexy, some see it as ****ty but its what I feel good in, which makes me have more confidence in myself so thats why I'll wear it more often

It's good to hear from the young folks but as an octogenarian I can only look back and wonder why hadn't I learned about my true nature way back when. Of course in those days there was no tolerance for people like us. There is still a lot of hate out there so we still need to be careful. I dress in a manner that makes me feel good which means dresses and such. I wear jeans in guy mode and it is a relief to get out of them when I dress. Makeup is sketchy because I am not very good at it. In the end it all comes down to doing what makes you happy.

Vieja

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMercury View Post
    Just keep it in the thread vikki, my purpose was to pull the younger people out of the hidey shadows and stuff
    This is an excellent thought Miss Merc!
    I too try to get the younger side to show themselves. Even though I am 35 I still look like I am in my early 20's and still feel punk in my mind, just like I was when I was growing up. (I have always said "why grow up?")

I guess Sheena and I kind of break the rules on dressing our age

Anyways, thanks for stirring the pot!