Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Young(er) and not feeling in place here

It all depends on your aim, and to a certain degree age, and what you are doing with your crossdressing. I fully understand those here who say "Dress your age" . It makes sense if you are going out on a regular basis to try and blend in, but frankly if you are dressing in private or with friends or lovers it's much less important to blend in so why not dress how it makes you happy.
    I think also it depends on your sexual orientation and the interests of your partner as well. If your a gay male and your trying to impress your partner and he likes the ****ty look, you're more likely to emulate that style than if you are trying to fit in in everyday life. Then there's the age/build thing. At 39 with two 22 -24 year old partners( each who crossdress one ftm one mtf) I can totally relate to both sides. I recently gifted my housegirl/houseboi with a corset that I was simply never ever getting into again . But Housegirl looks hot in it When she's not in that though I'm more likely to have her in jeans than a miniskirt, first it's easier than shaving everyday and second we live in a public are, when our patio shades are up there's a sidewalk right by it so everyone gets a good view of our living room as they walk by. A Housegirl in jeans and a T lounging on the couch is likely to draw less attention than PVC and Corset housegirl kneeling at my feet.

Amanda
    The Happy ****!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMercury View Post
    Just wondering if anyone shares my sentiment..

I find this whole 'walking in heels/pantyhose' thing is a common theme here... in my eyes, its not very common for real women to be running around in heels and pantyhose. Maybe since I'm younger though (22) things are different, but I feel a distinct separation from most of this community.
    I agree, this is something many of the GG members talk about - the clothes - and the fact that we don't wear heels and pantyhose all the time, but dress more casual... but it does seem to be a common thing here, I really don't get it either, they are the most uncomfortable things to be wearing all day..
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Banned Read only
    Well Mercury, it turns out that there really are a lot of younger girls registered here, but they don't post often.

Afraid maybe. At school. In a dorm with roommates. Living at home with very little access time. Lots of reasons, I guess.

If you can get 'em to come out and play or talk, that would be great.

So, because of their silence, you're left listening to the older, braver ones. The ones wth more free time and less restrictive homelife.

We talk about what we know and what we like, and yes, hun, there's a lot of emphasis on blending in. But we've got to blend in as soccer moms and classy matrons, not college students or mall girls. Know what I mean?

We really, really want as many kinds and types and ages of 'girls' here as will come. We need your advice, too. And maybe some of ours will eventually come in handy for you, too.

Stay with us, dear one. If you want a younger outlook here, it's up to you and and the other young beauties to provide it.

Find 'em. Get 'em involved. We'll all benefit.

respect and love,

deja

Ya feel me, babygirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    I agree, this is something many of the GG members talk about - the clothes - and the fact that we don't wear heels and pantyhose all the time, but dress more casual... but it does seem to be a common thing here, I really don't get it either, they are the most uncomfortable things to be wearing all day..
    Depending on the heel height, I can wear a 4" heel all day no problems, and pantyhose, not sure why but for some reason I never had a problem with them lol. I know a lot of people do, not starting anything if it seems, just merely stating that I noticed many times Im a strange one that actually loves the feel on pantyhose all day and I never get the irritating feelings that most get with them, not sure if its luck or just something else lol.

I do agree its a little odd that we have this common theme of wearing heels/pantyhose. Most gg's I know of dont like wearing that all the time. I've always wondered really why most of us think that wearing this stuff makes us more in the "crossdressing" world. For me on the other hand, I wear it because I like it. I used to always want to wear skirts, heels, hose and the more often Im dressing, the more I noticed Im moving slowly away from that too. Dont get me wrong, if an opportunity gets me to wear heels and hose, Im still all for it. Maybe the idea behind heels and hose being "strictly" for woman gives a feminine boost for others and thats why we wear it so much? Not sure, just my

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I agree with you on all the points. The best way to ensure that this board opens up to a wider age range is to stay and post messages. This board, like many of its sort, has many more lurkers than writers. If you speak out, especially about younger issues, then others will feel ok in joining in the discussion. Take a lead here and it will pay back in karmic "bucks", somehow, somewhere. If not imediately in a larger group of younger folks writing their opinions.

I too believe that the ladies here probably dress a bit too fancy, but many are trying to reach and ideal in their head and it was formed some years ago (most posters here are older). Talk about *your* ideal and lets see how people react ? I dress pretty casual myself, even though I am as old as dirt. I just went out to a bar, first time in public really, and I did over dress... I thought I would be fine and I was - just a bit more dressed than the rest. Next time there, will be better and more appropriate. Now, it is worth noting, I didn't know much about the age range going to this place and just miss-guessed.

I like your picture ;-)

Charlene
    p.s. -chan boards with too much nudity ???? do TELL

I dress in what ever mood I'm in. Today I dressed in a pair of Capri's and a knit top. Flats and just the wig. No make-up at all. Just what ever the mood and what time will allow. Just dress however you feel.
    No, those are my Panties]

For myself being married and shoved in the back of my closet if Tommi gets dress up time she wants to doll up the whole way.
    But I do agree if I get multipule days in a row ( maybe once a year)
    I do put on some girls jeans and a tee nothing wrong withit.
    Great thread by the way and I'll be 40 the end of May.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Platinum Member
    MentalMercury i don't like the pantyhose unless it's cold me i am 50 years young and dress younger than my age i like jeans and tee's younger things but for the most part know when i am over what works on me ... your dressing should be your style what looks good on you and fits in with were and what your doing ... but don't get me wrong i love skirts of all lengths and dresses too .... i love my heels don't even own a pair of flats....

what you like is a good thingy enjoy play around with things and remember have fun that's what this is all abought.........

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    Hey Mercury, I am 26 and have been posting regularly on this forum for a little while now. I think it is a great serene place that doesn't judge by age or anything else. When I do get time to dress, I dress from casual to dressy in heels, a skirt, top, forms and sometimes even a dress. I rarely wear panty hose anymore, since I've been shaving regularly I prefer the feeling of silk soft legs. I am crazy about skirts and have an assortment from denim to dressy. It is all about what mood your in. Sometimes I like to dress to the nines with hair, makeup and all, other times it's just a casual comfy outfit to lounge around in.

Gold Member
    I don't know if age has much to do with it, we have a huge diversity of styles. Of little correlation is the age.

Myself, I tend to dress like a 40 something church lady. [yes I know bleh!, and way different than the sloppy male style I have]

Basically you have to find either the look you are happy with OR the one that works best for you.

Our styles are different but most here are CD's nonetheless.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I'm fifty eight. You really don't want me dressing, like I'm twenty two do you ?
    "Each to his/her own."

One of my favorite things about this forum is the wide variety of ages and styles expressed. You learn most from those with a different opinion and experience.

I went to school in the 50s and we had a strict dress code. Slacks for boys (no blue jeans) and skirts or dresses for girls - hem within 1 inch of the knee. I watched as women took the right to wear slacks, and I heartily supported them, as I do now. I do, however, miss seeing women in skirts every day. Often the only time I see anyone in a skirt any more is when I'm shopping for a new dress. So my tendency is to dress as they did in the 50s. I also have slacks, jeans, t-shirts, flats and the like, and I wear whatever is comfortable for me at the time. (mostly in the closet)

We're all equals here, so hang in there and enjoy.

Dee

Nolife :D
    I gotta agree, I don't feel in place here either. Most of the threads and posts I find rather boring because I have so little experience in crossdressing and there's not much I could say. I hope that when I'm older I will have the courage to do things outside and have some experience. But I still have time, I turned 21 couple days ago and im feeling kinda old already lol.

hey i feel the same way about this web site its hard to connect with the other girls on this site just because of age i my self am 23 and last saturday was the first time ever for me to go shopping for my self my friend she dint really no what i should buy and its been hard trying to find help on this site what are some good tips for a young girl to buy. when i bot my stuff and tried it on and most of it dint fit well and i just felt ugly.

First person I told was my girlfriend at the time (when i was 17), she was not interested in it at all and we broke up soon after anyway (we already had problems), so I repressed it for a while, then gradually, slowly started accepting it as who I am, and it's made me very happy to find supportive friends and be able to be more open, baby steps, lots of baby steps. Now I probably own more girl clothes than guy clothes, hah

Thumbs up

hi the way i see it if you look at woman and what they wear its easy you hardley see women walking down the street doing there shopping in heels and short skirts that is the sort of thing they might noticed i said might wear on a saturday night. and thats the key i think to look good and pass as a woman

is there a spot on this site for younger girls to talk and to get help for each other. and if there is not one on hear why not i think girls are coming out at a younger age now just because the world is opening up a little more and its coming a little easyer to come out

OOO Amanda can I come party at your place?!!? LOL sorry, you just described a fantasy of mine, I would like to dress up for a woman (genitic or cd) and serve her, that would be so coolies!!

Anyways I got sidetracked a little lol. I did do a demographic poll a while ago and it is true that most people on this forum are around 40 if I remember right. Us youngins are still around though!!

I think its kinda refreshing to see "younger" Cd's posting,,younger is a relative term anyway but Im sure most of us not- so -younger CD's would have LOVED to have this forum 25 years ago !
    Heck its hard enough to go through the motions to try and hide your gender ,makeup , wigs etc... but not many can hide their age LOL when out at clubs I have always been the casual one ,,or maybe just comfortable

Cindy

Just here to make freinds
    OK I retract - go about you biz - have fun
    Last edited by Linda C; 04-07-2008 at 05:04 PM.
    Really enjoying this!!!

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.

I don't

~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.
    I don,t normally...I tend to dress like a ****!!

I wish this place had been around when i was your age, it would have saved me a lot of crap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VikkiVixen7188 View Post
    OOO Amanda can I come party at your place?!!? LOL sorry, you just described a fantasy of mine, I would like to dress up for a woman (genitic or cd) and serve her, that would be so coolies!!

Anyways I got sidetracked a little lol. I did do a demographic poll a while ago and it is true that most people on this forum are around 40 if I remember right. Us youngins are still around though!!

Oh I adore having housegirls over to play. Strangely I think housegirl has only ever seen me dressed in pictures though that's just the relationship I have with that particular sub.But certainly you can come over.....just umm wear your woolen panties it's a tad cool up here still in Canada.

To keep things ontopic though, I'm not sure why there arent more younger folks on here. They are certainly out there, but as the original poster said they tend to gravitate more towards the Furry/AniMe/Cosplay boards for some reason. I think it might be they just arent comfortable enough with it.There is alot of societal pressure to conform and it takes time for people to come to grasps with it. I know when I post a personal I get literally a TON of replies from the 19-26 age bracket but just TRY and figure out where they hang out.Near as I can tell the cosplay/manga /anime furry boards give some comfort of anonymity that coming out to a CD board cant/doesnt provide.
    I make no mistake of my BDSM interests but we had a similar issue in our local community a few years ago. The young folks didnt feel comfortable coming out around the geezers when they were discussing their innermost thoughts on kink but they were DEF INITELY lurking. We gave them their own forum and they shortly became a significant part of our little world and that's a good thing, because without new blood communities die.

Amanda
    The happy ****
    Last edited by ~Seana~; 04-07-2008 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossdressinGoth View Post
    Depending on the heel height, I can wear a 4" heel all day no problems, and pantyhose, not sure why but for some reason I never had a problem with them lol. I know a lot of people do, not starting anything if it seems, just merely stating that I noticed many times Im a strange one that actually loves the feel on pantyhose all day and I never get the irritating feelings that most get with them, not sure if its luck or just something else lol.
    Oh that height heel is no problem it's those huge 8 inch heels many brag about walking in them all day lol.... ok then... I think the tights (you call them pantyhose) issue stems back from being a child, when one was made to wear them for school, constantly pulling the damn things up, because they'd fall down... annoying to say the least... and itchy did those things itch!!! I think that is enough to put anyone off wearing them.... now, about stockings I like those... holdups... sexy
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    This thread is working really... several quiet folks have come to talk about being young on this board. So, get some threads going about your issues ...if us "old as dirt" folks can help, we will. But most importantly you can learn from each other about what works for your problems.

Srinn -- try going to Goodwill or a consignment shop or your local equivalent of those. Try on a pile of clothes and you'll start to see which sizes work for you. Different companies make the same "size" different... frustrating, but you'll get the hang of it !

You know, MM, CDing is what you make of it. When I was your age (geez, I can't believe I just said that!) women often wore dresses, high heels, and pantyhose. I found that I enjoyed wearing these things, too. If I were, shall we say, younger, I'd likely approach crossdressing much the way you do. So you see, we're not all that different. We both like wearing women's clothing and emulating women. We just use different gear, that's all. You don't have to join in with all the "walking in pantyhose & heels" talk to relate to others. Start your own threads if you want to, and I'll bet you get a sizable response. It's just that many of us love wearing hosiery and dresses and stuff. But a lot probably don't as well.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/