Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Young(er) and not feeling in place here

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriTG View Post
    I agree with you about most women don't go around everyday in heels and pantyhose. I'm older but like I said i agree.

~Lori
    But do you know why? My opinion is that it's more work. I for one love hosiery for what it does to my legs, but I almost never wear it because I'm kinda lazy. So much easier to just put on some pants.
    It seems to me the people who are really into wearing them all the time are the same kinda people who iron their shirts regularly. UGH.

Well, either that, or they just really like them.

Far as heels go, you got to be crazy. Majority of women I see who are not mountain hiking granola hippies (lots of those in Alaska) all wear heels, even if they aren't really high.

Yeah, I said granola hippes. They give me funny looks and I have a distaste for their daily attire. ):<

--

Oh, one more thing, I began wearing less hoseiry when I started dressing out of desires that were non-sexual. Possibly useful fact.
    Last edited by Ibuki_Warpetal; 04-28-2008 at 12:00 AM.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

I have only worn pantyhose once or twice ever, so that aspect doesn't interest me - so I just skip those threads Still, a younger section is a good idea and I'm glad that you have one now.

What happens when someone reaches 26 in that forum? Is there a Logan's Run thing going on and the member is kicked out on their 26th birthday? It just seems a little unfair that someone who is 26 and one day old cannot join, but that someone who joined at 25 years and 364 days old who joins gets to stay forever.

I am just curious on the policy, congrats on your section of our forum!
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea M. Forbes
    When folks seek help, sarcasm doesn't do anything but make the transmitter feel clever and the recipient feel dissed. Especially around here, we need to be understanding even if we don't quite get it.
    Sure. Point taken. But we have separate forums for just about everything. As a society, we're trying to be so damn politically correct, we wind up pandering to every special interest group imaginable. I had though that this forum was more a place where we come together rather than seek to separate ourselves.

There are numerous threads from people here who love panties. I have worn panties so seldom, I could count it on one hand. So do we now get sections of this forum that cater to those of us who don't care for panties? How about pants? I don't wear women's jeans, and I figure I can wear pants any time I want to. So I tend towards skirts and dresses. New forum section there? So what if I like to wear pantyhose and someone who happens to be under 25 doesn't care for it? In my opinion, you're missing out there. And DanaJ's point is well taken as well. What happens when one turns 26? The generation before mine swore they'd never trust anyone over 30. They're all well into their 50's now. Who do they trust now?

My point, if you haven't figured it out by now, is that by making new forums for everyone who whines and complains does more to split us apart, rather than support and promote the unity and solidarity we should be pushing for. Where does it end?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Marla,

I know what you are saying, to a point.

I am in favor of creating forums for differing interests, granted there is enough interest. We've both been on here for a few years, and the amount of participants has grown ENORMOUSLY. No problem, but with the increased participation comes more need to help serve everyone.

I've seen new forums created in the past couple of years, and think that a young person's forum is a good thing, with participation limited to anybody who feels that they can contribute, no age boundaries.
    -Sedona

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuki_Warpetal View Post
    Far as heels go, you got to be crazy. Majority of women I see who are not mountain hiking granola hippies (lots of those in Alaska) all wear heels, even if they aren't really high.
    Yeah... I don't see why people keep grouping heels and pantyhose together as things they don't see anymore. I've been to a lot of bars, and I've been to a lot of colleges, and I've been around a lot of younger professional women, and I've been to a lot of malls. Pantyhose aren't something you see that often, and they're not that casual, but tons of women wear heels. They wear heels with jeans, they wear heels with slacks, they wear heels with skirts. I'm not talking 5" stilettos, but I still see them a lot.

And just thinking of myself, I don't think the things I wear are that weird. And I have zero pairs of pantyhose, but I have 4 pairs of boots with 3-4" heels, and 2 pairs of kinda-fancy high heels, and 4 pairs of kinda casual heels. Even if it's a 1.5" sandal, I'd still consider it a heel.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    My point, if you haven't figured it out by now, is that by making new forums for everyone who whines and complains does more to split us apart, rather than support and promote the unity and solidarity we should be pushing for. Where does it end?
    Exactly.

Look at this thread. MM has not responded to anyone in a few days, and I'm wondering why she doesn't have anything to say. She has been on the forum and posting, but not on this thread. She's just been in the lounge and in the new forum.

Where's all this talk about younger styles? It still doesn't exist. The beauty & clothing forums are still pretty stagnant. Because that's not why she made this thread. She feels "out of place" because there aren't many people talking about college and video games in these forums. She wants her own little clique.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I do find it strange that these girls hang around a CD forum and have a healthy post count going when they don't really do much talking about CD'ing.
    Last edited by Holly; 05-03-2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts... please use the EDIT button to add content or the multiquote function to reply to multiple posts in a single post. Multiposting is not permitted on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by racquel937 View Post
    Exactly.

Look at this thread. MM has not responded to anyone in a few days, and I'm wondering why she doesn't have anything to say. She has been on the forum and posting, but not on this thread. She's just been in the lounge and in the new forum.

Where's all this talk about younger styles? It still doesn't exist. The beauty & clothing forums are still pretty stagnant. Because that's not why she made this thread. She feels "out of place" because there aren't many people talking about college and video games in these forums. She wants her own little clique.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I do find it strange that these girls hang around a CD forum and have a healthy post count going when they don't really do much talking about CD'ing.
    Racquel,

I don't want to speak for MM, I'm sure she can do that for herself, but in thinking about my own life a few years ago, during my early 20s, I really hadn't built up much life experience about CDing. Certainly not enough to devote huge blocks on a web forum to.

I CDed, for sure, but most of my thoughts revolved around getting concert tix, how I would pay for student loans, if the chicks in No Cal were as hot as those in So Cal. You know, junk that many 22 year olds think about.

I hadn't yet come out to an SO and had to deal with the resulting problems, hadn't discovered the joys of MAC, or a Brazilian, or the breast form. You get the idea.

I don't care where MM is posting, or what her motivation is, or how much she posts about CDing, it's nice to have the differing viewpoints and personal histories represented.
    -Sedona

Wife and I were in Walmart last night. As we shopped , I looked at a lot of the GG's shopping around us. I did notice a few that were wearing either a dress or skirt/blouse and heels. Not a lot, I would say 1 out of every 20 in the store but they are out there. This one GG, I just loved the dress and 3" black spike heels with a black bow on the toe that she had on. I tried to also notice if these GG's were wearing stocking or not. Most were not wearing stockings. Even the one that I loved her dress and heels was not wearing stockings as she lifted her heel out of her shoe at one point and it showed she was not.
    I noticed most of the time when various GG's here at work would wear a dres or skirt to work, did not wear stockings. The only time I saw a majority of the GG's here at work all wearing dress/skirt/stockings was a funeral we all went to one day. I have to admit that some of the GG's that day really looked nice.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedona View Post
    Racquel,

I CDed, for sure, but most of my thoughts revolved around getting concert tix, how I would pay for student loans, if the chicks in No Cal were as hot as those in So Cal. You know, junk that many 22 year olds think about.
    I'm 29 and think about all those things too. You don't stop thinking about student loans until you are like in your 40's when they are paid off. Also I have come to a definative conclusion................

So Cal girls are better looking. Compare the Laker girls to the average woman at a Giants game and you'll agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMercury View Post
    Just wondering if anyone shares my sentiment..

I find this whole 'walking in heels/pantyhose' thing is a common theme here... in my eyes, its not very common for real women to be running around in heels and pantyhose. Maybe since I'm younger though (22) things are different, but I feel a distinct separation from most of this community.

To me, casual crossdressing is jeans, boots, girly band tee, hairstyle, eyeliner, mascara, little cover up for beard stuff. And the club/dressy type stuff would be skirt, corset, again boots, fishnets, more makeup than I would for a casual look. You know.. just like other real women I see. Am I one of the only ones approaching it this way? Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.

Anyone else like me out there who looks at alot of these threads and goes "whut?". Sticking to the -chan boards (for the younger age group) is getting stagnant and I'm personally getting sick of all the nudity they post there and the fact that straight up transitioning/transitioned TGs have conquored control over casual/general crossdressing discussion.

My Dear M/M Although I am with you on this I often think OMG but you have to except that this is were the fun is for crossdressers.
    would I be right in thinking that you may be TS
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMercury View Post
    I would love to redirect some of the chan boards toward that section so that the younger CDs aren't just seeing people who are taking hormones and stuff, and frontal male nudity (if they're not into it).
    I came here, to avoid the chans....or at least the CD/TG related boards, I'd see one discussion about important things in 10 pages of camwhoring...and then some of the replies were not the greatest, here it can be a little more private, and there's less trolling...

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    I don't think that's happening, Dr. Susan. In fact, Mercury's initial post brought out dozens of young 'uns that had been registered but hadn't posted 'cos they thought that the threads were dominated by older age questions and issues.

When i joined, i posted a little...i tried to fit in, but i couldn't. Most of the threads i read were about issues that didn't relate to my problems...I don't mind if the fashion is different at all, but some of the things i read just made me feel a little out of place
    My interests and tastes, may be polar opposite to those of older members or the same age. However, I'm sure that issues/life problems are similar, even if lifestyles are very different.
    Since trying to come back, and being able to be there, i'm sure i'd be around longer this time.

I know i'm late...and as always i suck at getting my point across, however, I came to this board because i was scared, desperate and about ready to leave this world...this forum helped me find a few answers, and gave me lots of links to places that could help me! I'm glad that it's here...because without it, I'm not sure i'd have even gotten to 2008
    I love the younger board, and i'm sure it'll help me build the confidence to post around the other areas of the forum~
    [SIZE=1](it takes a lot for me to open up and talk, usually i'm ignored at first, but i'm a quiet person...it took me over a month to talk to someone at my work properly and open up, and they had the same interests! So it would be a lot harder to fit in, when most people are older than you + have different interests)
    [SIZE=2]
    These are just my thoughts on the subject...no-one would probably agree or care, but it's how I feel, and i'd just like to thank the admins, for creating a sub-forum for those affected...

EDIT -
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-antha View Post
    I don't

~Samm
    Just wondering, but would this picture have been taken in Edinburgh? I think i know which area, since i was raised here...i've never left..heh
    But i think i can see from your avatar the Lothian buses...
    Sorry if this comment is out of place..
    Last edited by Baiken; 05-10-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: including question...always better than a double post~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AH~ i live a lonely life... ;_;

I'm 31 not too far from you age wise. But I recently moved from near Pittsburgh PA to OH and most of the gg's at clubs I went to favored short skirts, tight shirts and basic shoes. So I have to agree with you about the way for us who are young to dress but if you watch older women they do tend to be conseritive. It is simply a generation gap thing but they fit with their generation and we fit with ours.

racquel937......Yes I too have seen many women wearing heels with jeans, slacks, capries, skorts, and shorts even. It gets real hot (100's) here in Dallas, so I can understand why women don't wear pantyhose all the time. As a CDer I don't even wear pantyhose all the time. I went to my May Tri-Ess meeting with a skirt and 3" heels, but no panyhose. I do have one Tri-Ess sister that always wears pantyhose. So each to their own.

Metal Mistress from CT MentalMercury's Avatar
    I keep seeing this thread come back to life. I have been reading and keeping up. I'm glad to see that the young section (although it moves slow) is bringing young people out, people much more like me, peers, and that's something that almost didn't exist when I first started posting here, which explains my 1 year gap of no posts. I still like to add what I can to the MtF CD section when I see something I can add to. When it's talk of wives, vacations, or a trip to the store, stuff like that, obviously I have nothing there.

I'm not a TS (like someone asked) and I don't go out casually, again I'm not trying to disrespect anyone's style though I can see how you can interpret it that way and I'm sorry if I stepped on any toes.

I'm thankful to the staff here for making the section and those who were nice and understood, thank you. And to the scarcastic/overly critical ones..
    One thing you probably don't know is that the only other community for young crossdressers are the 'chan' boards, and they're horrible for us. Like Baiken says, you wade through camwhoring posts, seeing more wieners than a hot dog stand if you want any relevant posts, and trolling is very loosely moderated there, also they'd have you feel that any CDing must lead to taking hormones.

Now if you see young people posting in MtF you'll think of it as a good thing yes?

Banned Read only
    Hi Mental

I think it's great to see younger posters in the forum. Kinda makes me jealous that I didn't get my act together earlier in life, but on the other hand - and perhaps more importantly - it shows that the CD scene is progressing, which is definitely a good thing.

You should visit MySpace and find friends that fit your style or age group, if that matters to you. I have friends who are close to your age and dress goth, punk or alternative. You dress like the girl you want to be.

You don't have to look like a mother, grandmother, teacher or secretary. To be honest, I don't always dress that way, either. I have a black leather skirt and sexy clothes, too. I wear different clothes for different occasions.

You are no less a m2f than anyone else, just because you choose to wear pants and no pantyhose. My wife is still a woman while wearing jeans and a t-shirt to remodel the house. No one questions her. Why should they question you?

You look great! Wear what you like. You wouldn't believe some of the clothes some of the mature gals wear. We just don't always post the photos.

As for more young people posting here, they probably find people at clubs, bars and so on. The older, married people that don't go clubbing are trying to find friends. We (older people) are grateful to the Internet to find people like ourselves. The young people can still look here, MySpace or other CD communities for friends and participate.

Is the age difference, style difference or just lifestyle (single vs. married) the issue? I do see that once you are married, you don't hang with the single people. When you talk about a movie, you mention how you just saw that new Pixar movie instead of some rated R movie when you have children. It is really a lifestyle thing, just as you finish school and get a job. Things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedona View Post
    I don't care where MM is posting, or what her motivation is, or how much she posts about CDing, it's nice to have the differing viewpoints and personal histories represented.
    Sure... I wasn't trying to be that mean. I just couldn't help noticing that she largely disappeared (at least for a couple weeks) once she got her own forum, and I question if splitting off new forums is really useful to the community.

I mean, I share a lot of her sentiments, actually. I'd like to know more single CDs in their early 30s who like to go out and have fun. I don't have issues with being in the closet. I don't have issues with an unsupportive SO. But I kinda doubt it'd be productive to make a separate forum. I can make my own threads about my own topics when I want to talk about something.

I guess, though, that the main male-to-female section is a little over crowded. I actually don't really like posting in the main forum that non-members can see, and I can't always fit my CD-related thoughts into the fashion, beauty, and pictures categories. Oh well!

So maybe a new forum would be helpful in some way, but besides the fact that 18-25 is a very narrow range, I think making the new forum invite only has a few other problems:

- you're not going to really attract people as readily if they have to sign up for the site and make 10 posts then apply for the forum before they can even check it out

- there's obviously nothing stopping people from creating a bogus account

- it really alienates all the older CDs who are addicted to the forums. There are probably CDs sitting at home right now who have read everything else CD-related on the forum and are now thinking, "I wonder what's going on in that new forum!"

- The old and crusty CDs may be missing out on information that could keep them from looking so old and crusty.

I'm only 23, wear very little makeup (usually some light foundation, mascara, and a nice lip gloss), and I tend to wear jeans and tees or a corset depending on what I'm doing. I dress as full time as my job and time will allow. Yes it's different and yes it gets slightly unnerving to see the same posts about pantyhose and heels, but I've been here for a while now off and on. I've come to recognise that it's the style the older girls on here prefer, and I just casually overlook them most times.

But there was a time when I had problems with my family and SO(some probelms dealing with CDing, and some had nothing to do with it). Lemme tell ya. These "old cronies" gave me some of the best advice I've found so far. They really helped me through some tough times and I am grateful to them for that. This is more than just a "what are you wearing/what am I wearing" forum. It's a sort of family. God knows it's dysfunctional at best, but when it really counts, these girls will be there for ya.

Metal Mistress from CT MentalMercury's Avatar
    There will always be naysayers. Even amongst your own. Maybe if you look at it from my perspective, someone in that age range, it made the difference between making a few posts then leaving when nothing catches my attention and actually getting involved. If you want to keep criticizing go ahead, I'm aware that you can't please everyone. You caught me sick and not in the best of moods this time.
    Last edited by MentalMercury; 05-19-2008 at 11:55 AM.

I can honestly say that without the younger forums I would of never went and tried on any dresses, I would of never took any pics, and I prob would of quit using this site. I am now a lot more understanding of myself because of bonding with people around my age. I now post on the open forums and on the younger section as well but because of the younger section it has me posting on the open forums more. So its a win win situation right? You want us here and not secluded in our own little section I understand but just give us some time to crawl out of our cribs. It seems so far that nothing but positive has come to the people that joined it and this is a support site. So why must it be bashed if its having a positive impact?

The River

Is this all just much ado about nothing? So there are some private sections. I've been here since March and just now noticed that there is a Genetic Male section. I'm wondering why? Maybe I'll apply and check it out. I'm still too busy reading all the sections I can see (and posting my as well).

And in regards to the different fashions I think many things factor in. Age, region, weather, occasion, this point in history. I know that the only clothing item I can buy in my local grocery store is pantyhose so someone must be buying them. I liken it to wearing a tie when I'm in guy mode. Guess what, I DON'T! Not even to weddings or Church anymore. My last job interview about 3 years ago I almost considered not wearing one to that. Times change and and fashion changes along with it. (for the record, I love stockings and pantyhose!) The last few GGs I dated rarely or never wore dresses, skirts and hose. And they were in their 30s. So go figure.

Bottom line for me is, we're still all here together right? I hear what some are saying about being divided and your points are valid. As long as people are kept out of sections there will be feelings of exclusion, but as long as all the tributaries feed into one big river I think it's all good.
    Last edited by Pandora; 05-19-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: grammar

Stay or forever go
    Play or you'll never know
    What heaven decided
    You can't deny it's
    All you've been waiting for

Banned Read only
    This is such a funny thread.

I have just this to say: If you don't like it, move on!

I don't understand why anyone is debating whether or not having a seperate forum is good, bad, or ugly. The fact is that MM has asked for a seperate forum, and it as been accepted. If it works, all the better. If it fails, then so be it.

PM me if you have the perfect answer <rant off>

I agree with you my dear. I view myself as one of the girls when out dressed. I go shopping in girly jeans, cute top, and a smile. I dont want to stand out, just be accepted. I too am a bit of an old broad with a young at heart mind.

Jenny

Yep, mostly it's jeans, flip flops, clean shaven tan legs in a skirt, or some pants and a few tight shirts.

And flats, which I hate!

I still love wearing hose and heels though.

It takes all kinds to make the world go around! I glad you young folks are here and share your outlook on life. Those here my age, three score and eight, lived in an age where you didn't get many opportunities to dress and when you did you went the distance.

Would I dress now as I did when I was your age? Nope!
    Vivian

Blah Blah :{)
    I'm a 18 year old crossdresser and I just subscribed to the forums because I saw a younger section hoping to find someone my age to relate to. Most posts I have seen so far don't relate to me to really. I think a younger section allows more people to open up. When kids start highschool they talk to and hang out with freshman. Each grade level shares different experiences but they all go to the same school.