Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Young(er) and not feeling in place here

Metal Mistress from CT MentalMercury's Avatar
    Hope you can find this place is a supportive environment, welcome.

I am almost 59 and my favorite way to dress up is to wear jeans or denim knee length skirt, scoop neck tee in a solid color or flowery print, and athletic shoes with short white, powder blue, or pink socks. No jewelry, minimal makeup, and an above the shoulder wig. My purse is a small fanny pack worn loosely on my left hip. Quite different from the clothes talked about the most around here. On occasion, I will wear the more formal type clothes discussed most often in the forums, and I do like to make myself up sometimes. I guess thats the girl in me.

Pamela

The thing I don't understand about why so many CDs want to wear heels is that most of them are taller than women to begin with! Why bring attention to your height with huge heels? I'm 5'9 and while ideally I'd love to wear 8 inch stiletto boots I would never actually wear them - when's the last time you saw a six foot woman in superhigh heels?

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMercury View Post
    I keep seeing this thread come back to life. I have been reading and keeping up.
    If you have been keeping up, may I ask why my question way back last month (post 202) still hasn't been answered? You are welcome to PM me if you don't want to post on the open forum. Please don't take this as critical or sacrcastic, I am genuinely curious.

Now if you see young people posting in MtF you'll think of it as a good thing yes?
    Of course it is a good thing, it has ALWAYS been a good idea whenever anyone posts - variety is the spice of life. As I stated above, more power to you and congrats for getting your own section!
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post
    If you have been keeping up, may I ask why my question way back last month (post 202) still hasn't been answered? You are welcome to PM me if you don't want to post on the open forum. Please don't take this as critical or sacrcastic, I am genuinely curious.
    Sure you are Dana... and don't give me that look

I will answer it, like the forum states 18 - 25, so when you do reach 26, then you're going to removed from that section, as harsh as that sounds, if we left everyone in there, the section would become redunant.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Thank you Tamara - all I wanted was an answer to my question.

Oh, and you are getting far more than a look right now

Since I have my answer, feel free to delete my last two posts here.
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CD_Christopher327 View Post
    I'm a 18 year old crossdresser and I just subscribed to the forums because I saw a younger section hoping to find someone my age to relate to. Most posts I have seen so far don't relate to me to really. I think a younger section allows more people to open up. When kids start highschool they talk to and hang out with freshman. Each grade level shares different experiences but they all go to the same school.
    that's a good way of putting it.

"Come together!" (fun any way you look at it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    I will answer it, like the forum states 18 - 25, so when you do reach 26, then you're going to removed from that section, as harsh as that sounds, if we left everyone in there, the section would become redunant.
    It'll be like a CDing Graduation! Could be a good excuse for a Prom.

Stay or forever go
    Play or you'll never know
    What heaven decided
    You can't deny it's
    All you've been waiting for

Metal Mistress from CT MentalMercury's Avatar
    Sorry I didn't answer you.

What I was shooting for with the heels and hose thing was "this is almost all I see here" and what I ended up portraying instead was "its dumb!" which I did not mean at all (I wear 'em too sometimes). So I've been trying to keep my sanity by skipping the posts that defend the hose and heels. Way to alienate myself off the bat... They say hindsight is 20/20, I realize now I should have used some other kind of example as to why, even here, I still didn't feel like I fit in. To describe how it felt when I was first posting, it's as if someone 50 years old walked into a college dorm party. Nowadays it's looking to be more mixed age groups

Seems some people have taken great offense to the young person's section, but that's an easy stance to take when you don't see why it would be needed or helpful. I for one felt like a major black sheep until the young section got up and rolling, and I would likely not be involved at all here anymore if it never happened, others have said the same. It's too bad I had to offend some to speak up about it but I hope at least there's more grateful than otherwise.

(edit)
    Oh yeah and you can all point and laugh when I turn 26 and get kicked out of the little 'clubhouse' haha. I wouldn't be offended. It's not just for me, it serves a bigger purpose.
    Last edited by MentalMercury; 05-20-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by racquel937 View Post
    Yes, the average girl doesn't wear heels and pantyhose. But the average girl doesn't wear a band T-shirt and boots, either.
    It all depends on the type of crowds you hang out with!

True, the "average" girls probably don't wear too many band shirts, but of all the GG's that I know, most of them do... on a regular basis!

But I understand where MentalMercury is coming from... and it just shows that there is a wide range of tastes and forms of expressions here. And for the younger ones here, I think that its great that you have this forum... I know if I had had a place like earlier, I may have discovered this part of me long ago.

Younger and not feeling in place here

Ladies, We are all cross dressers that grew up in deferent eras. Mine like some of the ladies that are at least in their 50s and older grew up at a time when almost all women dressed up ie, dress, hose, heels just to go down town and shop and to see this seemed very normal at the time. Not just shopping, but to parties and formal and semi formal gatherings and to church. that was just the way it was. I am talking about from the late 50s through the mid to late 60s. It was a more glamorous era and one I wanted to be part of and it's still a part of me and a lot of us older CDs grew up then. Sure some of us wear attire that is dated but it's what we are happy with and what we are familiar with. Thats All
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seems some people have taken great offense to the young person's section, but that's an easy stance to take when you don't see why it would be needed or helpful.
    I'm not greatly offended, but I do think I had some valid points which you never responded to. And that's fine. I certainly don't have a problem with you or any of the younger girls.

Everything has its upside and downside, though. For some people a new forum is great, but if I was 60, I'd be a little sad that there was now an official "no old chicks" club.

This thread demonstrates that there are plenty girls over 25 who like younger looks. Should they be subversive and make fake accounts to see if anyone has good advice for them? I'm not condemning the new forum. I just question the policy here of having several invite-only forums.

Take the M2F transitioning forum. I don't think of myself as transsexual, but if someone gave me hormones I'd be taking them, and I have TS friends. Forcing us to conform to labels then segregating the forum along those lines isn't positive. Mods are vigilant about deleting even borderline inappropriate posts. I just think it'd be better to have those forums be at least read-only to members (at least the ones that don't have "clubhouse" in the name). But maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by azalea View Post
    The thing I don't understand about why so many CDs want to wear heels is that most of them are taller than women to begin with! Why bring attention to your height with huge heels? I'm 5'9 and while ideally I'd love to wear 8 inch stiletto boots I would never actually wear them - when's the last time you saw a six foot woman in superhigh heels?
    i know a woman that is 6'2" and she wears 6 inch platforms said she loves the attention

« тнε тεмртяεss »
    Mercury, if not for you I wouldn't be here. It was because of you and this thread that I decided to join this site.

When I first found it I was like, "Meh, no one like me..." and turned away. But then I saw this thread, and, lo and behold someone EXACTLY like me! Not just in terms of age, but like...EVERYTHING! Thanks for being you. You're an awesome person and an awesome friend. So glad I met you and can't wait to meet you IRL at Connecticon :3

Much love,

~ Mydia

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Oh yeah and I plan on cosplaying a female video game character at 2 major anime/video game conventions coming up
    You going to dragon-con in august? I'm bringing Embyrre there to play.

Zara

Quote Originally Posted by racquel937 View Post
    I just think it'd be better to have those forums be at least read-only to members (at least the ones that don't have "clubhouse" in the name). But maybe I'm wrong.
    That would be a nice idea. I'm just outside the limit so I won't be able to get in, but only 2 years difference means I could still relate to the younger group who are learning the process as I am. I feel a little silly asking all these questions from the older, or should I use the words more experienced, members with different tastes than mine. Surely no different than how they feel, which is why the area was created in the first place. However once they reach that age I wonder if they'll feel left out. Stuck in the middle and hesitant to post, just like I feel now.

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    Just wondering if anyone shares my sentiment..

I find this whole 'walking in heels/pantyhose' thing is a common theme here... in my eyes, its not very common for real women to be running around in heels and pantyhose. Maybe since I'm younger though (22) things are different, but I feel a distinct separation from most of this community.

To me, casual crossdressing is jeans, boots, girly band tee, hairstyle, eyeliner, mascara, little cover up for beard stuff. And the club/dressy type stuff would be skirt, corset, again boots, fishnets, more makeup than I would for a casual look. You know.. just like other real women I see. Am I one of the only ones approaching it this way? Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.

Anyone else like me out there who looks at alot of these threads and goes "whut?". Sticking to the -chan boards (for the younger age group) is getting stagnant and I'm personally getting sick of all the nudity they post there and the fact that straight up transitioning/transitioned TGs have conquored control over casual/general crossdressing discussion.

I'm only 32 (But I still feel like 25) and sometimes I feel the same way. I'm not really into the casual look (right now, anyway). I like the gothy club look, and I lean a little toward the drag queen side of things. It's great that everyone has their own way of making themselves feel feminine, but sometimes I feel a little left out, too.

I guess being early thirties is like being a 'tween here. (haha)
    Last edited by 27th Jennifer; 06-30-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: One more thing....

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I am just completely baffled by why anyone would care if the younger folks have their own forum. They want it and take care of it, and it works for them. If you are older, you can't go look, so ? Probably you would not be that interested in the topics anyhow. There are forums a plenty here with all kinds of wonderful talk and interactions. Let 'em have their house and do not worry about it, 'K ? !! Many have said that having that forum has resulted in them staying around once they found this site. Right there you have the good reason for the existence of that section. The additional insights from those younger folks, when they are writing in the other forums is well worth the small price of a separated forum. HECK, there is no real "price" ....

C.

Interesting thread, I am 36 & I dress however I want, never like a buisness woman though. If others feel comfortable in that style great! In male mode I have always worn whatever I want, same in fem mode. I live in a hot climate so when I dress its usually hot pants, mini skirts, cut off tees ect. I"m very tall & only weigh 74kgs so I wear things that complement my body! & enjoy every minute of it!!!!!
    Chantelle...oxox...
    [SIZE="3"]ONLY DEATH IS REAL[/SIZE]

I'm new to this site but I have been dressing since I was little like 6 or 7 and I get more an more into it as I get older. I started off really slow wearing panties and bras with my cousin and thats when I realized I liked it. I like to wear tight jeans, skirts, fishnets, and tight shirts I really like to wear clothes that really make me feel sexy. I have not tried make up yet and do not go out dressed but I still have time. I'm only 21 and I'm on here really looking for other young people around my age to talk with about anything but would like to hear anyones opinions.

Arrow

I find this whole 'walking in heels/pantyhose' thing is a common theme here... in my eyes, its not very common for real women to be running around in heels and pantyhose. Maybe since I'm younger though (22) things are different, but I feel a distinct separation from most of this community.

To me, casual crossdressing is jeans, boots, girly band tee, hairstyle, eyeliner, mascara, little cover up for beard stuff. And the club/dressy type stuff would be skirt, corset, again boots, fishnets, more makeup than I would for a casual look. You know.. just like other real women I see. Am I one of the only ones approaching it this way? Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.

Anyone else like me out there who looks at alot of these threads and goes "whut?". Sticking to the -chan boards (for the younger age group) is getting stagnant and I'm personally getting sick of all the nudity they post there and the fact that straight up transitioning/transitioned TGs have conquored control over casual/general crossdressing discussion.

I guess at 24, nearly 25 I guess I am still a young un (only just). This is precisely how I like to dress, If I ever go back to fully dressing in public it is how I will continue to dress, (though my 6' 2" brick outhouse frame will make it hard to pass) have never been one for huge heels and tights. I tend to look at what women in my age group (20ish to 30ish) are wearing and go with that. Which most of the time is a nice top and shoes, coupled with a pair of jeans.

On a side note: I went out to re-tax my car today and put on a pair of black socks with a pink heel and toe, and slipped my flat Mary Janes on. Felt rather good actually

Amelia xxx
    Last edited by Amelia Moxon; 08-26-2008 at 04:46 PM.

You make a very good point. But in my case, it isn't that I want to be a woman; I just want to experience the role of the woman in my image. It is part fantasy and part ... well, maybe it is all fantasy. The dressing at all is the femme side of the behavior; the dressing up in heels and skirts is the fantasy part.

I wonder how much it really does have to do with age. Got to think about that for a while.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Being in my mid thirties my style also tends towards casual. Don't get me wrong I like dresses and pretty thing too but not for going out. My signature look is usually a pair of tighter jeans and a baby tee paired with heels or boots depending on the season and light makeup. And to top it all off a pair of earrings. Usually some larger hoops. I am never without earrings they are signature.

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    Not to sound disrespectful or anything, but I would really like to see a board for the younger crossers. I feel a little lost and would like to meet others around my age (23).Especially since I have just started posting.

As for my style (even though I can't wear anything yet without a big fear of being caught by my evil mother), I love pantyhose, heels, and cute dresses/skirts. I love the look and feel. I think I like the more cutesy look because you just don't see it anymore.. Goth and plain jane style is fine and all, but it's just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by azalea View Post
    As for that post, I had to roll and laugh. My friend's girlfrind is almost 7' and she wears what she calls her "hooker heels" all the time.

There's a bit of a generation gap between many of the users and yourself, yes, but you are growing up in a time where it's a bit more accepted and there's tons more information available with the advent of the internet. I grew up in a time where there was no such information, and I thought I was the only person in the world with such urges. At that time, women wore the things you speak about pretty much all the time. So, I think, many of us who are contemporary, flash back to those Sunday newspaper ads where you got to drool over, er, look at the pictures of women's undergarments and such that were on sale at whatever store.

Today, GG women have a greater range of choices of clothing and can dress almost however they wish, from manly to femmy, as can CD's, emulating those women. However, most of us who grew up "back when" like I did go for the looks of the women we grew up with, also, someone over 50 in the type of clothing you mention would look odd, GG or CD.

Kate
    "No, I'm not hitting on you, Ma'am, when I said I wanted to get in your pants, I meant I wanted to try them on!"