Thread: Degree of Dressing Up

Degree of Dressing Up

Hello folks,

I'm curious to hear about what percentage of us are more like me in that I sporadically dress up in the bedroom or around the house to advertise myself to my wife, but really don't do much dressing outside and never publicly.

When it comes to garters, stockings and heels I am just really turned on by them. I think I'm more the transvestic fetishist type. Am I a minority among us?

No I am like you Nikki. I have never gone out en femme. The closest I have been to that was sunbathing on a relatively deserted beach wearing a pair of pale blue panties rather than men's swimming trunks. Nobody paid any notice.

I fully dress at home but when out and about only "underdress" in panties as I have done 24/7 for the last 40 years.

I would also accept the "transvestic fetishist" description and I am sure there are thousands who also confine their activities to dressing en-femme at home or some safe place or to underdressing at other times.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I have gone out three or four times, but I mostly stay at home. I go outside into the yard but thats about it. Its not that I am afraid to go out, just not a lot of opportunities I am comfortable with.
    Drumming, My other hobby

bEEb
    Sometimes, putting on a pair of supplenips is all it takes for me.

I also like to wear lingerie and dresses around the house. The lingerie and panties with my pumps is my favorite attire.
    SarahHall

Aspiring Member
    Yes, that pretty much describes my crossdressing.
    I fully dress at home but don't venture out.
    There is also a strong arousal component for me.
    40+ of dressing with no end in sight!

I'm about the same as you. I've been out 2 times on Halloween and I sometimes change in the car and drive home from work at 11:00 pm When out and about I under dress in panties and sometimes a bra. And I do oh so love Garter, stockings and high heels.
    Angie

I fully dress around the house sometimes when I get the chance. Mostly underdress when I go out on ocasion. Depends on what activity I doing. And who it is with. Today its Panties, Bra, Capri's and Sleevless top. But only for a while. Got to go to work. But Love the time I have to dress. Oh by the way. I have only gone out in the yard a time or two dressed. Can't get away with it in a small community and keep my job. Never out around town or any town for that matter. When I am buying my cute little things I am always dressed in my man gear.
    No, those are my Panties]

I've been stay-at-home fetish transvestite since I was a kid. I can't wait till I "progress" to that relaxing asexual, soccer mom stage of crossdressing.(NOT!)

I don't get out very often at all, but would really like to more. I used to get really turned on by dressing, but it is more natural now.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I don't know the numbers, but there are lots of us like you describe yourself. I have stayed in more than I have gone out. I dress and make up to try to be as glamorous as possible, whether I go out or stay home. I just love the look and feel of it, and dress and make up as I do because it pleases, excites, and arouses me.

Only in private

I will only dress in private. This is between my wife and I and that is how we intend to keep it. I just like dressing in women's clothes. It feels good.

It is what it is
    I have to say that my dressing is almost entirely "pleasure based"... in the first few years of dressing, I went for the stripper clothes/ trashy lingerie/ platform PVC boots, which was a great turn on for me. Somewhere along the way though, a spark of rationality ignited inside me, and I thought "this style of wear is not really how I would be seen in public." I turned a corner then, got rid of the racy stuff, and have since boughten and worn only stuff a true GG would wear.

But the arousal is still there from it. I get the urge to dress, go out into the world, just be me, you know? I would love to just go about my normal day dressed and not think anything of it. I would, except for one thing: as soon as I "get off", the urge completely disappears. Like that side of me retreats into it's cave to regenerate, and my full male side takes over. But within an hour or so, the urge is completely back in charge, and I want to dress again, but by that time I am out and about or not in a way where I can dress!

So yeah, it's mainly an arousal thing, but most of the time I try to ignore it and wear what i want, because I know as soon as I go off, it's over

[SIZE=3]I generally stick around the house when dressed. All of my homes have very private back yards, so that I can feel comfortable going out back when I am dressed. I choose houses based on this, knowing that I will likely want to step outside once in a while and not have people staring at me. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I have gone out a few times in public, however. A few times to get gasoline and to go shopping and one particularly memorable time walking around the Union Square area in San Francisco. A couple of weekends from now, I will be going for an outing with my mother. Hopefully I can send some photos of that.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Callie Ente View Post
    I have to say that my dressing is almost entirely "pleasure based"... in the first few years of dressing, I went for the stripper clothes/ trashy lingerie/ platform PVC boots, which was a great turn on for me. Somewhere along the way though, a spark of rationality ignited inside me, and I thought "this style of wear is not really how I would be seen in public." I turned a corner then, got rid of the racy stuff, and have since boughten and worn only stuff a true GG would wear.

But the arousal is still there from it. I get the urge to dress, go out into the world, just be me, you know? I would love to just go about my normal day dressed and not think anything of it. I would, except for one thing: as soon as I "get off", the urge completely disappears. Like that side of me retreats into it's cave to regenerate, and my full male side takes over. But within an hour or so, the urge is completely back in charge, and I want to dress again, but by that time I am out and about or not in a way where I can dress!

So yeah, it's mainly an arousal thing, but most of the time I try to ignore it and wear what i want, because I know as soon as I go off, it's over
    I can agree that my urge to dress drops off after I "get off". My "latency" period does last much longer than an hour though. Sometimes I go weeks without thinking about dressing. (This may change as I talk with you folks though.) Guess we're all wired differently.

I still dress with alluring lingerie (garters, stockings, corsets, french maid outfit, etc.), just the price point and comfort of the stuff seems to go up. Sometimes I immediately disrobe when I finish because I feel silly. I have in the past put on my wife's night gowns (never did tell her that) and it was nice but not heartstopping. I just didn't have the same level of arousal.

Many times, I'll dress up in sexy stuff and do household chores along side or in front of my wife or if she's away dress and wait for my wife to return. I'm obviously trying to tell her I want to play. Sometimes she's just not in the mood, so I'll just continue walking around all day in into the next dressed up.

Also in this case I can start to feel silly over time, but my desire usually overcomes this.
    Corsetted Nikki

I'd rather be corsetted and wearing stockings!