Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My baby is gone

That's very sad. I once went with an ex GF to the vet to see her sheltie through its last moments. That was one of the best dogs i've ever met and though I'd only known it for a couple yrs, it was a tough time.
    best wishes.

I'm so sorry that the day came so soon Taylor, but it sounds like you guys did the right thing for your friend, as much as it tears you up.

I'm glad he will have a resting spot that sounds nice that you guys can go visit. And you know, I've read about and been told, and I believe this, that our animal friends visit us in spirit form.

Whenever I have really needed one of our friends' help, I send a message to them and it seems like they do help. So I really do believe that they are always around us, even if we can't see them.

Please try and take care of yourself during this unhappy time. Like Tamara said, we all love you and I'm sure Van will be by your side in spirit and would want you to make a full recovery and live for him.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Sorry to hear about your dog, Taylor. It's always hard to lose a loved one.

Again, I wanted to thank everyone for the responses. Van has been gone for two weeks now. It's still very hard but it is getting a bit easier as I know he suffered so much. He was such a brave boy being in so much pain and yet wanting to stay with us. They really are loyal right to the end. I want to strive to be like my dog Van. Loyal to my friends all the way to my death.

Yes, our dog friends teach us lots about loyalty and courage. Van would be happy to know you have been inspired by him. I'm sure he does know.

This has been such a test for you, Taylor, these last couple of months, and once again I'm inspired by your own courage and strength. It's good to see you posting more today. Everyone has missed you. Welcome back.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    Yes, our dog friends teach us lots about loyalty and courage. Van would be happy to know you have been inspired by him. I'm sure he does know.

This has been such a test for you, Taylor, these last couple of months, and once again I'm inspired by your own courage and strength. It's good to see you posting more today. Everyone has missed you. Welcome back.

I smile everytime I see that Taylor is Treasured at the bottom of your page. I don't feel worthy of it. But that is so sweet. Yes, unless something happens to me I intend to be here posting everyday again. I am feeling so much better. There are for you.

If there are no dogs in Heaven then by God i want to go where dogs go when they die, For there would be no life or love in heaven if there are no dogs there.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Wow!! Okay..I'm crying now. I forgot about this thread. I was self medicating with extra Xanax when Vanny died. And I don't remember too much writing this and I certainly am just now reading these responses with sober eyes. Eyes that are full of tears now. You don't really get over losing your pets. Especially if they were a huge part of your heart. My life changed the day Van died. I even feel like a different person in many ways. We have been out to see where he is buried one time. It is beautiful. The doc buried him on his land. And lets just say this doc isn't poor by any means. There is a huge sprawling few acres of land with a ginormous oak tree that Vanny is buried near. Then a big pond that you can see the fish jumping in. I stood by that pile of dirt and thought. "this is right. Van would love it here" Vanny always loved to be outside with his nose to the wind, eyes half slitted because of the sun. He really was a gorgeous boy. I hope you guys don't mind me sharing a coupole of pics here with you. I still have trouble really looking at too many of his pics without crying but I guess crying isn't such a bad thing when you have pent it up and it needs to get out.

p.s. If the photos are too large you guys can remove them.

Platinum Member
    Taylor is here!!....we've so missed you dude!!, stick around a bit eh?

Im sorry things are hard with thinking of Van still, grieving for someone or something can take a long time to get over, to the point that it is just memories without the sadness, you will in time get to that point my friend.....
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 06-14-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Aww s*** now you got me crying

The pics are lovely.

Kieron is right Taylor, the time will come when the memories will be there and the tears won't flow, infact you'll be smiling remembering all the things you did together.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I'm sorry your wounds are still raw from your loss, I can only hope times hastens to heal them.
    Story of my life –>

So sorry to make you cry Sandra. It's really hard but as you say Zen, time will heal things. Slowly but surely. Thanks guys. Taylor

Hey hun know need to apologise, I've had pets my self and know how you feel, I'm just a big sloppy sod when it comes to animals mine or others.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Those pictures are beautiful, Taylor, and brought tears to my eyes also. As for your crying- just go with the grieving, don't try to hurry things. In time it will get easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]