Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taylor's Health Update

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Taylor is probably gonna kill me for doing this, but heres the cute pic he put up for those that dont have his site
    Thanks for that, Kieron. He's too sweet to kill you, don't worry. I agree he looks a lot better than I would have thought, considering all he's been through. He looks a bit tired, but his skin has good color, and no yellow in the eyes, as I was expecting.

Rest up and take care of yourself, sweet Taylor.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kieron......you are lucky I am too sweet to kill you. haha Sorry I haven't been around much guys. I'm still working hard in physical therapy and junk. I have neuropathic pain in my feet that was caused by my blood sugar going super high (900!!) and being on insulin when I was in the hospital. Once my kidneys straightened out the diabetes went away but not before causing nerve damage to my feet!! The doc has given me some Neurontin but it doesn't really do much. I heard of a pill called Lyrica that's supposed to be good so I'm going to ask her for that the next time I see her. I'm working on making videos but youttube is being a real pain. It is taking like 45 minutes to upload a three minute video!!

I went to visit Van's grave yesterday. It was a big mistake. I wasn't ready and it has been traumatizing for me ever since. I keep seeing that big pile of dirt in my mind. My Chihuahua, Dew, is doing better. He's getting used to being the only dog now. I wish I could get through the sadness. I guess only time will help with that. I promise I will try to come here more. One more thing. I can't get into the Boy's Clubhouse. Was I evicted? lol

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105 View Post
    I can't get into the Boy's Clubhouse. Was I evicted? lol
    Ah uhhh that might be my doing lol, Craig visited here whilst you were sick on your username after many of us emailing him and telling him he was quite welcome to set up his own account in his name, but he never replied to any of us, he posted in the boys clubhouse and as that is a private area and a sanctuary to you he was blocked from using it....im sure one of the mods will let you back in if you re-apply

PS you love me too much to kill me , and that picture i LOVE, its a testement that you are getting there dude!

My mother has been having a lot of neuropathy lately, and she's seeing a doctor about it and trying some new treatments (off the label kinda stuff) so I'll let you know what works for her if anything does.

Ah uhhh that might be my doing lol, Craig visited here whilst you were sick on your username after many of us emailing him and telling him he was quite welcome to set up his own account in his name, but he never replied to any of us, he posted in the boys clubhouse and as that is a private area and a sanctuary to you he was blocked from using it....im sure one of the mods will let you back in if you re-apply
    Yeah, I sent Taylor a PM and let him back in.
    Story of my life –>

This Neurontin is not working for me unless I take like double the dosage the doc told me to take. It sucks!!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105 View Post
    This Neurontin is not working for me unless I take like double the dosage the doc told me to take. It sucks!!
    Back to the drawingboard then dude! , i know you are probably sick of doctors but they have to get it right

Back to the drawingboard then dude! , i know you are probably sick of doctors but they have to get it right
    I wish they were open on Sunday. I have to wait until tommorow. But I'm tough and I can wait it out.

Taylor, it took a bit of digging but I finally found what most chemo doctors recommend for the kind of nerve damage you've had to endure. (Various friends journals who survived the worst chemo in the world leaving fingers, toes and wrists numb and weak).

they instructed me to get L-glutamine powder and take 10 grams of it a day to alleviate the numbness/pain in my fingers - er, why didn't they tell me this earlier? That's what I don't understand. Was I supposed to ferret this information out myself? I can do that, but why the **** didn't they tell me. The woman sharing my room had the same experience: they only told her about the L-glutamine powder after she complained about severe nerve symptoms. Why don't they share this information right away and prevent some of this nerve damage? Grrrr arrrg.
    Given I have found that many minerals or vitamins (or both) help the body heal faster with far fewer side effects, it may be something you may want to try or at least ask your doctor about taking. This particular gal had gotten increase doses of pain killers and Neurontin for the same nerve damage you have - less than 3 months later of taking L-glutamine she no longer suffered from nerve damage, particularly in her hands and wrists.

Hope it helps - she has some interesting rants about the medical care industry and I can't find disagreement with that.
    Get well buddy!

edit: oops, forgot to add magnesium to that, it was in a seperate entry but tied to taking L-glutamine. The prescriptions you get are condensed versions of L-g and Mag. d'oh!
    Last edited by waspookie6; 04-27-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to ask my doc about it. I know I can't take the Magnesium though. They had me on that and I had the runs so bad I was losing weight like crazy. Not good. But I'll check out the other stuff. I consider myself to be pretty tough but even I have been crying all day over the pain in my feet.