Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How did you get your Female name?

I use to be quite a gamer, I loved rpg's, and would always play a female warrior. I tried a few names but Sheena became the one I always used. When I came out with who I really was, TG, I used that name. And then I looked up the meaning. It's Celtic/Gaelic, My roots, and means "God is gracious". Then My doctor when filling out a form so I could get a name change on my driver license asked me if I had a middle name, to which I responded that I had been thinking about it but didn't have one at the moment. I went to sleep that night an awoke with the name Renee which is French for 'reborn' also Gaelic. My new name I believe was given to me by God who is walking with me on this journey.
    Last edited by sheena; 04-23-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    Sheena Renee

Fem name

When I attended my first Tri-Es meeting I was asked to sign in using my fem name. I did not have one at the time. I chose Carole because 1) it is a variation of my male name so, if someone called my Carole and I responded no one would be the wiser; 2) I have many female friends named Carol/Carole and one that I particularily admired was Carole so, I chose that name.
    Hugs, Carole

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar

Jennifer

Jennifer was my first crush and the name stuck with me and Jennifer is one of my best friends and occasionally she helps me out with my CD

Well not too complicated here, I have always liked the name Dakota it means friend or ally in indian. Ann was the name of a very close girlfriend in college.
    If you want to live life on your own terms:
    "You gotta be willing to Crash & Burn"

Dakota

Links requiring a sign in are not permitted

My Female Name

I don't know where my name of Daphne came from. Actually I hadn't really thought about a Female name untill I decided to join this forum. However when I did, I thought about using my Male name, but decided against it.

So after much thought, hmmm, thats where the smell of smoke came from I decided on Daphne. It's a nice name, I like it, so thats what Im going to use
    Daphne

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I got my name from the first girl I had a crush on when I was younger. And, I've always loved that name so I desided to use it for ME.

My first girlfriend's name was Andrea. My favorite show is the new Battlestar Galactica, which had a guest actress named Michelle Forbes. I merged them together when I needed a login for Yahoo.

In retrospect, I should have picked Alexandra. I've always liked that name.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

I like the name "Cheryl", it is close to my birth name, and it sounds good to say it. Cheryl is more than a name, she is a person, with thoughts and feelings, and kindness.
    Cheryl
    Northern VA
    "We live in a world in which the only constant is Change" Heraclitus- 400BC

In some respects I was lucky as my middle name on my birth certificate is Hilary. I hated this as a child and I was always beeing teased when other kids found out. Now I love it.
    [SIZE="1"]Hilary X's[/SIZE]

I chose the name Catherine O'Malley in tribute to two strong women. The first is Catherine the Great for her strength, leadership and her many sexual conquests, hence "the Great". The other is Grace O'Malley, the pirate queen of Scotland who lead a nation, was the terror of the seas and stared down the Queen of England.

Hugs,

Cathy
    There is nothin' like a dame!

My name is Toots and it does not come from " Tootsie ". It comes from my cat who I named for a woman who is no longer with us. She was the girlfriend of a fellow musician. She liked my songs and would tell people about them. She looked like Amy Winehouse but this was thirtyfive years ago. I did not know her well but I loved her and miss her today. I will be Toots forever.

I chose my name from a collegue at work,blonde and sexy.There you go.Just like me.
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

I was driving home a few months ago and I thought 'gee, I need a female name' and Aurora just sprung into my head an instant later. I've always been partial to names beginning and ending in 'a'. Then I realised that the name was also metaphorical, the shifting colours and patterns of an aurora representing my own constantly shifting personalities, as well as being powerful and beautiful - which I aspire to be.

It's a long story...

I just wrote about this on my blog, it was one of those long thought out moments. If you're curious, here's the link: Did your parents name you Tracy?

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

hopes to become a girl xoAmandaxo85's Avatar
    well for me...my cousin and i have been really close cause were the same age and so when i started wearing her clothes i took her name amanda because i thought it suited me

Mine is the name of one of my best friends from high school.

I came up with Traci Ann is I've always thought Traci was a very sexy name for a woman and Ann just seemed to go right along with it.

I thought about either Susan, Traci, or Nancy (as I've always thought these were very sexy names for a woman) and finally decided on Traci.

On a side note.....all the Traci's I've known were very sexy women. The Traci (she spelled hers Tracie) I knew in HS was a junior when I was a freshman and was also a cheerleader.

That kind of member Jamie Parks's Avatar
    I also picked my own name Jamie because it just seemed right plus when I was a kid I had a crush on the bionic woman her name was Jamie and the last name Parks was the last name of a friends g/f she was so girly always had on cute clothes and ALWAYS had her nails painted she made a very big impression on me of what a cute girl looks and acts like(at least to me) .

Jamie

I have not chosen a femme name yet. As someone stated that having a male name talking about femme stuff does not seem right. I may have to create one and I would use Rachael as a femme for Richard. I may have to re-register with that name. Unless a Admin would change it for me.