Thread: Going Out For First Time.....

Going Out For First Time.....

Hiya..... i am home alone for a few days.... yippee and i am complety dressed... i was thinking i would love to go out but to be honest i dont know if i have the guts....

Is it best to go out really late in the eve.... when neighbours are in bed?? i guess i could go out and put wig on etc once away from the home??? hyow did everyoe else do it and was it good fun??

luv soph x

I actually went out last night...with my SO...but we waited until it was almost 10 PM...so it was dark out...then went through a drive thru...to pick up some food....but then I got brave...told her she needed gas, and I would fill it up...so she stopped. Got out, with the bright lights and everything at the pumps, and pumped her gas. While this might not seem like much...major step for me! However, we are planning on going out again later this week...to a movie..and it will be broad daylight.
    [SIZE="3"]Michelle Anise[/SIZE]

Sissy Maid of MsJanGG

www.flickr.com/jansplaytoy

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar
    Actually went out first time, but to a Renaissance meeting where I met a multiple number of sisters, some who are on this forum. I can say I was nervous, I waited in my car for like 15 minutes before the pedestrians walking around diminished in number. But once inside I was welcomed and made one of the family. I was complimented on my choice of wig how it fit me and that my clothes were nice.

Looking forward to next months meeting. Hoping that in time will be able to go out on my own shopping.

My previous post was the first time out with other people. But I have been out on my own before, like walking around my community at night, like around 11:00 PM, at night people can't make out details so they can't tell if your a guy or girl, they just see a girl walking and that is a thrill to be just out.

Next step is to go to a Renaissance meeting or support group. In time I will step out in public on my own, most likely with other sisters at first.
    Last edited by Sandra; 04-13-2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, please use the edit button, multi posting is against the rules

To go out without any real bother or worry about getting into a fight, go to a TG/gay club. The people there will be supportive or at the very least not critical. You will meet others that are very friendly and get some girlfriends! From there you can decide to venture out to regular public places.
    Charlie

Platinum Member
    lol the first time it's not so bad stepping outside the door it's closing the door locking it and walking away.... after that it all good...........

I went to Divas Las Vegas last year (I want to go back this week bt I am 2 busy) I only go out now to drop to the post office or the bank drive through atm.

Tara

I want to go out more though!

[SIZE=3]Going out the first time is just like having sex. Once you do it you can't go back to just holding hands...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Guess I am hooked..spent the entire night out dancing in a club with a wide assortment of people. Picture of my dance outfit is attached, yes those are my dancing shoes![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Tami[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I would just sneak out quitely after dark, and not too late, and hoped I wouldn't be seen by neighbors. Way too much paranoia. So if they see what [hopefully] looks like a woman driving my car, it shouldn't be anything to them to make an issue about. I never was really close to my neighbors, but you may be. If that's a worry, dress up in a hotel room, then go out. I must admit that I did that when rates were a lot lower.
    Just quitely sneak away. You'll be glad you did.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    For the first day go out before it gets dark. Due to the fact that when we dress we assume all the concerns of GG's, For the morning dress as if your going to the office and visit a coffee shop or any business that is open early. In the States we have quite a few 24 hours business.

I would also say you should have no problems at any time, once you step out of your home then the next step is stepping out of your car.

Silver Member
    My only experience at being out was a few years ago. I would drive into town after it was dark and park my car in a residential area. Then I would walk all the way around the block. It was a real rush but I had a bad experience one time. A pickup truck with two guys that were drunk pulled up beside me and started calling me a faggot. They had made me let me know it. That really scared the crap out of me and I stopped doing it after that.

If you have a garage with a remote opener, you can get in your car, open the garage door, back out, close the door, and go for a drive. Most cars today have some tinting of the glass, so it makes it harder to see the driver and passnegers. Besides a dress and drive can be a wonderful first time out. Your protected by the car, other drivers are more entent on their driving to notice you, and people on the side of the road will only get a glemce of you.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

I may be blase, but..

For goodness sake, when you are dressed what do you look like ? A woman or an ape ?
    Just get to that door and open it. Then you walk out - no sneaking, just go out as any normal woman would, one foot in front of the other - and having opened the door shut it.
    Once outside the door you are the woman.
    As far as daylight or night is concerned, go in the dusk. After 10 and it may not be so good out there, it depends on the chosen neighborhood.
    go out and enjoy it while you still have this chance.
    ~Samm
    Ps If it rains, take an umbrella, it gives a good hideaway.
    ~S~
    pps Never mind the clubs, just go.

Going out is great fun, I enjoy most every minute I'm out. My first time out was great, I was absolutely terrified but none the less I had a great time. Choosing when to go out the first time is not a 'one size fits all' situation. Choose a time and a venue and then work up your courage and do it.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sophie69 View Post
    Hiya..... i am home alone for a few days.... yippee and i am complety dressed... i was thinking i would love to go out but to be honest i dont know if i have the guts....

Is it best to go out really late in the eve.... when neighbours are in bed??
    luv soph x

You will get several suggestions of course but let me add this bit -
    Whatever you do, you should make some effort to step out and enjoy your femme self a bit. If you do not take this chance, you will wish you had.

But by God don't go fill up the car with gas while en femme. Nothing ruins one's day like the price at the pump. You want this time to be fun and special.

Maybe you could hit a local gay club or something. Just wherever you go, make sure it is a safe place.

Hey Sophie!
    I was home today too and dressed while working on the computer. I would have loved to go out too. But I was too chicken.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Women must be cautious.

Please, Please remember not to go anywhere a woman would not go alone. You'll be perceived as female and to some that means more vulnerable.
    Go early in the evening when other people are out too. Walk with your back straight and your shoulders back. Take small steps and walk with gentleness and ease.
    If you dress as other women your age, in the place you will be, I doubt that anybody will notice you at all. Most of us are to concerned with our own lives to pay much attention to others.
    Take your time on this first journey. Remember everything. It will be one of your life's biggest accomplishment and most joyous days.
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Going Out

Was Wearing My Shorts And White Tights When Door Went And Jsut Went To The Door And Signed For Packet And Forgot About Wearing Tights Dont Think The Guy Noticed That I Was Wearing Tights Under My Shorts
    Maybe Next Time I Will Go With My Skirt And Boots On To See If He Notices Then

Smile going out

i would go out whith evarthin on . the nabars will probbary think some body vist you. and dont act sacary out there pople will not noce you at all but if you act sacart out there thay wiil noce you

anytime is good

it's only fear ..anytime is good . just try to relax and have fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OH yes, Just remembered, take a camera and take pictures of yourself while out. I did that and they make great memories

how I leave the house

We live in town and on and alley with lots of possible eyes to be looking. And to be worse our garage is a ways from our house at the back of the lot. I sometimes have the option to get ready before leaving the house. Sunday was a good example as I got out of the house at about 10:30 am. I got fully dressed including skirt, top, all undergarments and forms. I was running short of time so I just put on foundation for makeup. I put jeans over my skirt, a bit bulky and I often use sweat pants. I put on male shoes and had a tee shirt along for the return trip home along. I had my wig some other femme things, heels, flats, makeup, jewelry, purse, and clean up stuff in carry along bags. I put on a coat that covered my top and out the door. I normally take off my jeans or sweat pants when I get to the garage and change into femme shoes. Then down the road I find a spot and take off coat, finish makeup and add the wig and jewelry. I find a mall or large busy parking lot works well. I have seen other GG's touching up their makeup before heading into the store or mall. And I usually try to park near the restrooms or someplace with mirrors so I can do a quick check once inside.

Coming home I do the reverse. Often I can remove makeup, switch from skirt to jeans, remove bra and blouse and put on tee in the garage. But at times if it is late enough that the kids are sleeping and it is dark enough out I will just turn off the yard lights and just walk into the house and clean up with my wife running any needed interference.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Sophie,

My first ever, ever time out was in the spring time (not too hot and not too cold) it was early evening when the light was starting to go down and cars were beginning to put their lights on, it was early in the week, and I was wearing black capris, a light colored plain top, and a black cardigan. I had all my makeup on but I didn't put my wig on. I walked to the car and got in fairly quickly.If my neighbors did happen to look out of the window they wouldn't be able to see anything in that short space of time.

I drove away and after about half a mile I found a suitable place to pull over and put my wig on. The I drove to the parking lot of a small strip mall and walked around a little bit and looked in a few shop windows, before leaving to go home. To get back in the house I did the reverse of getting out. In any case y this time it was darker.

My entire fisrt time out was less than 1 hour. Gently gently, little by little I extended my time out and got more courageous. I should also mention that I had support as my wife came with me each time so I'm lucky in that regard.

Good luck!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hello sophie
    its a leap of faith to get out the front door,
    you can walk up to the door a hundred times, you can open it
    a bit,hear a bit of noise and shut the door quickly saying no no
    i cannot do it.
    but sophie when are going to get a other chance to do it again
    6 months a year or don't know.
    have another go, who will see you in the evening,people want to
    just get in get warm have there dinner and sit in front of the television
    not look out the window.
    once you are out you wont want to stay in door.

best of luck sophie
    let us know how you got on.

carolyn xx