Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The urge to purge.

Purging?

I wonder why we purge too. However there are benefits in that we get to go and find new stuff when we decided we might have over reacted.
    Seriously though I think we are practical folks as well and we find some serious frustrations with the stigma we have to deal with.
    I'm on a purge right now and it has lasted quite awhile. I decided instead of trying to look femme as I feel to dress my birth gender, so I'm cross dressing all the time. Confused? LOL me too. Actually follow your heart the good thing about clothing is they put out new and nicer stuff every day!!
    Cheers
    Danielle

I can't consider this again as it accomplishes absolutely nothing whether you are in agreement with it at the time or not. It's like a quick patch job to a severely flawed dam.I have a special closet and a special key to open it,this way no purging is necessary.I'll just lock it and take a break until I'm ready again.
    Last edited by Celeste; 05-11-2008 at 07:29 PM.

The urges will never go away, oh and happy birthday
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Smile dont do it meg

Purging is bad when money is harder to come buy, cause sooner or later your going to miss the thing that for that moment brouht something to your life and you will buy it twice . Quick referance the other night at a card game a player has enough land for horses but he said to rich of a hobby for him, i stated owning horses is a way of life & buy no means a hobby , the same with CD its a way of life not every day for some . so the point is put it in a box and if you ever need them just open . best wishes Nadeen

Silver Member
    I have purged three times over the years and regreted it each time. Each time I did it I was convinced I did not need to dress and if the clothes were not there to tempt me I could kick the habit. I was wrong each time and when the urge returned after a few months I would end up buying more things than I had before. My last purge was about ten years ago so I have more things now than I ever did in the past. I have learned from this and will never do it again. I read somewhere once that the older we get the urge to dress declines. This is not happening with me, the urge is as strong now as it was when I started.

You may purge, but down the road you will kick yourself in the butt for giving up all that wonderful stuff. If you feel the need to walk away for a while do so, but don't get rid of eveything, put it in a storage unit for a while away from you, then when you get the urge again it will be there and you won't have to get rid of the things you really like. Unless you have the money to replace everything again. Shopping is fun, being without your treasures is not.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by StayceeCD View Post
    I've never had the "urge to purge"... I've always enjoyed it. However when I was younger and did not realize there were others like me I thought I was maybe weird or a freak.. Which led to guilt and shame over what I was doing.. Back then it was only maybe a pair of pantyhose or a bra "borrowed" from sis or mom.. Even with the guilt I knew I would ALWAYS do it again.. I kept my "stash" .. Thank god I was never found out! I'm the oldest of 5 kids and the chances were against me! So don't purge! you WILL regret it! This is part of who you are.. It may lay dormant for a while but it WILL always come back.. Good Luck!
    Staycee
    I agree 100%... if you have to "purge", do a controlled purge, just something you haven't worn in forever...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...