Thread: National Kilt Day!!

National Kilt Day!!

For those of you who own one and those of you looking for an excuse to wear one, today is "National Kilt Day" in America. This is according to a web site called "KILTDAY.COM". Sorry, cant post a link,slightly illiterate in such things. Just search for Kilt day and you'll find it. Also tomorrow is a day in rememberance of the battle of Culloden so you may use that as an excuse as well. I am wearing mine as I type. I am not " Regimental" by the way(wool itches) I am wearing one of my favorite pair of panties underneath. Have to make an exception to the rules sometimes. Enjoy the excuse to be wearing something other than pants, I am.

You've got to be kidding!!

BTW it's a very masculine garment, even when worn with lacy underwear!!
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

Sorry to be pedantic but the kilt is an item of male attire. If you like it, wear it by all means, but on a man, it's not CDing.
    Now a woman in a kilt ... well -- very conflicting messages.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

To each their own however I agree that it is not a feminine article of clothing and I feel that one should not use another culture to express their cress dressing. If your part of a culture that wears an item like a kilt great but I don't think you should adapt the culture to feel more feminine because thats not the message the culture was trying to send.

8rys, going on walkabout
    Kilt day? I don't want to pleat that much Tartan at 6am. Since some will argue I'm not Scottish enough for that. Anyways my kilts are usually saved for Renne fests. 90 degrees, 100% humidity and you want me to wear velvet, and tights, no thanks. I'll take my kilt and a thin shirt.
    To each their own.

OMG IT'S FIONA K!!!!!!! ()

Sorry where was I?

Depends what you call a kilt.

A teeny little tartan job that barely covers the buttocks is fine by me on any female.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    OMG IT'S FIONA K!!!!!!! ()

Sorry where was I?

Depends what you call a kilt.

A teeny little tartan job that barely covers the buttocks is fine by me on any female.
    Hi Julie!

Kilts (this is the pedant in me) are officially for guys, they come down to 1/2 way down the kneecap and contain as much as 8 yards of cloth. You should have felt the weight of a leather one I tried on once (as previously worn by Robbie Williams- who US girls won't have heard of)!!

However, a nice wee tartan skirt, with a black polo, opaque tights and boots- nice.
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona K View Post
    Hi Julie!

Kilts (this is the pedant in me) are officially for guys, they come down to 1/2 way down the kneecap and contain as much as 8 yards of cloth. You should have felt the weight of a leather one I tried on once (as previously worn by Robbie Williams- who US girls won't have heard of)!!

However, a nice wee tartan skirt, with a black polo, opaque tights and boots- nice.
    Fiona's right kilts are for guys, i wont wear one while dressing fem, tho do have to say the guy in me, looks dam good in a kilt, & yes i am a true Scot's man

And So Is He.....

I haven't the foggiest notion where in Majestyk's post did he say he was "in Fem" while informing you about "Kilt Day" other than he joked about being "pantied" which he explained.....Nor did he imply he was crossing cultures just so he could dress in a "skirt", he has every right to wear the Kilt..

He has beautiful skirts and lovely dresses and then there is his KILT...Why is it that some folks assume every post has to do with "Dressing en fem"..He was not typing in a "skirt", he was dressed fully in his Kilt with all the regalia..He is fiercely proud of his heritage and dresses with great pride and dignity.He feels it is an honor and a privilege to be able to wear the Tartan of his Clan.

He lives in an area where it is not comonplace to be able to wear or see this type this of garb( unless there is a parade or some other speciality event and that doesn't happen too often) without some comment about the"skirt" aspects and other snide remarks. This does not stop him from wearing his Kilt on any occassion..He isn't as fortunate as some of you, according to your locations, to be able to wear what he would like because of where he lives.That's where the "pants excuse" came from...He was just relaying information in case there were other's faced with circumstances similar to what he goes through.

I just wanted to clear up these erroneous assumptions from those who do not know him or live with him..with the exeption of Julie York, the rest of you made.

I can state these statements as factual because I am privileged and honored to share my life with him....Majestyk's Lady

Sometimes it's the only chance some of us have to wear what is essentially a skirt in public without too much adverse reaction.

I have worn a kilt with navy blue or bottle green cotton or plain white "school girl" knickers beneath, even a black pair of women's "Sloggi" briefs, on occasions such as Burns Nights, St Andrews Day, New Year etc. Nothing unpleasant has occurred.

I agree that strictly speaking a kilt is a garment meant to be worn by males but as I say, for those of us who would never "pass" it is the only option to go skirted in public, so please be tolerant.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Majestyk's Lady View Post
    I haven't the foggiest notion where in Majestyk's post did he say he was "in Fem" while informing you about "Kilt Day" other than he joked about being "pantied" which he explained.....Nor did he imply he was crossing cultures just so he could dress in a "skirt", he has every right to wear the Kilt..

He has beautiful skirts and lovely dresses and then there is his KILT...Why is it that some folks assume every post has to do with "Dressing en fem"..He was not typing in a "skirt", he was dressed fully in his Kilt with all the regalia..He is fiercely proud of his heritage and dresses with great pride and dignity.He feels it is an honor and a privilege to be able to wear the Tartan of his Clan.

He lives in an area where it is not comonplace to be able to wear or see this type this of garb( unless there is a parade or some other speciality event and that doesn't happen too often) without some comment about the"skirt" aspects and other snide remarks. This does not stop him from wearing his Kilt on any occassion..He isn't as fortunate as some of you, according to your locations, to be able to wear what he would like because of where he lives.That's where the "pants excuse" came from...He was just relaying information in case there were other's faced with circumstances similar to what he goes through.

I just wanted to clear up these erroneous assumptions from those who do not know him or live with him..with the exeption of Julie York, the rest of you made.

I can state these statements as factual because I am privileged and honored to share my life with him....Majestyk's Lady
    My apologies if I offended, it was not my intention

Kilts

As a scots person, i am to small (skinny) to wear the full regalia of highland dress, but i am just the right size to wear my black and white mini kilt when i want to be Jennifer, i do think that modern day "man" has sometimes taken the kilt outfit and brought it up to date, which in my eyes is often an excuse for a guy to essentially dawn a skirt, now i am not saying a true kilt is a skirt, but to the macho closeted softer side of macho man, this is an answer. There are to many "Fashion Kilts", leather, self coloured, business stripe. Please keep the original Kilt as it should be, TARTAN Jennifer

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I think this is a great idea, I took a moment to visit the site and they have great information. I know that in the future the kilt will return to men again in the U.S. as the stigma of it being a womans item fades. I would love to wear a kilt to work or out with out any strange looks.

With that said I would still dress as Victoria even with the freedom.