Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing for fun!!

Deborah Jane

From your pics you certaintly look passable to me.

I dress strickly for fun.

But would love to be passable. On a scale from runway model to fish monger's wife I tend to be the fish monger's wife, but with better clothes.

Joan Lea

Banned Read only
    I am totally not passable, so I only dress up at home, and it's always fun!

Most of the time (99%) I don't bother with wigs and makeup etc. because I like the clothing, and so long as I don't look in the mirror I can "feel" like I'm a girl.

A few years ago, with a LOT of effort and in semi-darkness, from a long distance, and by squinting, I managed to ressemble a woman from certain angles

If I had a chance in hell of looking like a real girl, I might want to venture out, but honestly I've never really felt the need to do so (even though I have been out a few times to CD clubs).

I'm quite comfortable dressing up in the confines of my own home, although somewhat disappointed that I cannot achieve the "look".

If it wasn't for fun why would you bother to dress. I am not passable, So that is all that it is about for me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Most times when I dress I dress to blend in and try to pass. When I'm staying home and dressing, I sometimes go a little crazy with clothes and makeup just for fun and not worry about how I look. It's a nice mix.

The best feeling though for me is being out and blending in, as much as I can, as one of the girls.

Melissa

Yes. Fun and relaxation. There is never a time when I think I could just waltz out of my house, and have the rest of the world mistake me for a real woman, but again, there are days when I have "guy in a dress" syndrome, too. I always like it when my makeup looks just right, and there is a certain feminine radiance I see in my face, but sometimes you just can't make the silk purse from the sow's ear. When those times arrive, I just dress up anyway, just for the pleasure of being dressed, and try to ignore the fact that I just don't look real good at the time. Oh well. I'm not trying to impress anyone but myself anyway, I guess.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I really enjoy dressing up whether or not I can achive a passable look. Well with a mustach I dont think I can fully pass but I really enjoy getting dressed and the makeup thing is very new to me but I try real hard. I guess what I am trying to say is if you are happy in how you feel what does it matter deep down inside you self you are happy and really thats all that matters in the end.
    Love Laura

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    At times yes and when that happens for me I look at the photos and see I looked more fem than I thought.

Deborah Jane honey, I completely agree. It's hard work getting ready to go out (and were all so self critical about how we look), so sometimes if i'm in the house for the day, it's just about wearing a skirt.

Janet Nicola

most of us cant pass but still enjoy dressing

Dear Deborah Jane

Girl, you are being to hard on yourself. I dress completely (you know, wig, makeup, jewelry, perfume etc) once a week, but the rest of the week lord knows what feminine attire I will have on. I go from just panties to the whole magilla and everywhere's in between and always, always enjoy dressing and wearing whatever it may be. I have gotten up some mornings and just put lipstick on before I had my coffee and that was it for the day. I do hope I never loose that feeling.

I hope you get over that feeling. Dressing is heavenly even if its just panties.

Hugs, Janice

I'm with you Deborah, there are times when I'm not going out that it's just about being able to wear a skirt.

Janet Nicola

Every day after work. I get home and get on some girl jeans or shorts and a cute top, sometimes a wig but not always. Then it's just relax, read, watch tv or get on the computer. Sometimes fix dinner depending on what all I have eaten that day. Then a shower and into my nightie and off to dreamland. Only on weekends do I even think about makeup and passing. This weekend was all about cleaning house and the pool since I was out of town all week.

When you stop dressing for the fun of it , it's time to stop all together !! If it's not fun, why bother ?????

Silver Member
    Yes, it is all about having fun and not about achieving the complete and passable look. Most of the time I will just put on some jeans or shorts and a nice top and not even bother with a wig and makeup. Just relaxing around the house alone can be the most fun when not dressed completely.

Quote Originally Posted by CD Susan View Post
    Yes, it is all about having fun and not about achieving the complete and passable look. Most of the time I will just put on some jeans or shorts and a nice top and not even bother with a wig and makeup. Just relaxing around the house alone can be the most fun when not dressed completely.
    Agreed, I couldn't pass even if I wanted to. I'm way to tall and have super broad shoulders. I'm a guy, I don't try to deny, I don't try to hide it. I just dress, have fun and enjoy the feeling.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Does anyone else get fed up trying to look passable and dress just for the fun of it?
    Just lately trying [and failing] to look good enough to pass has been stressing me out to the point where i nearly gave this up.
    Today my daughter gave me a pink wig and this evening i,ve dressed OTT purely for the fun of it!!
    This evening I look OTT but i,m happy!!
    Does anyone else dress purely for fun?
    What does "OTT" mean?

how fun! outlandish, exaggerated, absurd! like dressing in junior high school on dress up day - it was meant to be unrealistic! and a secret thrill.
    how i yearn for the day of casual, functional dressing, for how it feels and for comfort. if it could be, that my children would be unsurprised by me in femme clothes, day to day, without being made up,
    would be a dream.
    till then, a lark may express more truth than our most earnest fronts.
    keep on having such fun, sis!
    would love to join you.
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

I,m glad i,m not the only one who enjoys the sheer fun this can be.
    Sometimes, when going out, i try my best to look passable, but most of the time i tend to prefer going for a "fun look"..
    I,ll try most "looks" just for the fun of it and love experimenting with differant wigs, makeup styles, etc.
    Among the fun looks i,ve tried recently are..
    ****ty [of course],
    1950s [think Sandy in Grease...Both looks!!]
    Secretary,
    Bunny girl
    French maid...
    The list goes on...But the thing is, although i could never go out in any of those outfits and looks, i really had FUN doing them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoriTG View Post
    What does "OTT" mean?
    Hi Lori..."OTT" means "Over The Top"...Just completely over doing things!!!