View Poll Results: Do you have someone to help with your crossdressing in some way?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (majority of it)

48 21.72%
  • No (never)

89 40.27%
  • Occasionally

84 38.01%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have someone help them with their cd'ing?

Does anyone have someone help them with their cd'ing?

Does anyone have a friend or someone help with your cd'ing? I'm just wondering because I've not taken my femme side further till I got a friend to help me. I honestly don't think I would anymore if I didn't have someone. Is that weird or am I normal?

Yup. I've made tremendous progress this year thanks to some wonderful friends who have been teaching me.

There is no such thing as "normal".

I cross dressed in my teens with my sisters clothes.

No-one knew.

I crossed dressed with my wifes clothes.

No-one knew.

Now I cross dress with my own clothes with her assistance. She does my hair and makeup. We hang out together watching dvd's and just being together.

She likes the girly change in my character as we play.

I'd miss a friend to dress up with.

Good luck, best wishes.

My Tri-Ess chapter, Chi Delta Mu has been a BIG help for me. They've helped me to become more accepting of myself as a cd. And lately, I've found myself dressing up a bit more than usual as a result.
    -Audrey

Yup! Although my SO has left and gone south to be with her kids, she has helped me in so many ways...
    Shopping together, doing my hair, makeup tips, etc.
    Especially helping me make the decision to go full time.
    We're still good friends and talk often, but just girlfriends now.
    Although it's not for everyone, it works for me.
    Now I have others that shop with me and help with hair & stuff.
    Some are male and some female. Ain't life grand?
    ~Sandy~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I didn't vote, because my beloved helper wife has gone to be with our Lord! But I still dress frequently and do go out in public dressed pretty much feminine. Just don't wear a wig (I am bald on top) or very much makeup. My late wife always did my wig and makeup so well that I could, and did, pass! I cannot do that so don't even try.

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, but man underneath!

before my divorce when i first started my wife taught me a little about makeup. Current girl friend is trying to get up the nerve to give me the help i've asked for.

Just me...no one else

Yes Got great loving GG friend.
    I will follow my heart

My wife, bless her. She also tells me when I look "bloody stupid".
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

No help from my wife, but have had help from other CDer's.

Most of my CDing has been just me from the beginning. The first times I went out saying I looked bad would be very nice. I look back at what I wore, the makeup job and colors. The only thing that got me through it was my attitude. Because from the laughs, and comments I looked like shxt.

After those first few time I sat in the living room "watching TV" while my wife did make overs in the the next room. I could not tell you what I was watching. Within the past few years my wife has helped me some. Makeup pointers and with what clothes work for me. The times she has gone out with me she has helped me a bit more with makeup. And more and more she has been willing to help me coordinate outfits for going out. But for the most part it has been all on me.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Wink

Hey Girls, YES I have the best help ever!!! My wife not only helps with clothes, makeup, nail polish, etc. She enjoys our "girl" time together. She's the GREATEST!!! Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Crossdressing help

Unfortunaly no. Anything I've done has been by myself. Wish I did have someone to help.
    Daphne

The very process of making up and dressing excites me. I want to do it by myself. But it would be fun to have someone to do it with. Never have, though.

Yes, my loving wife. She helps me pick out clothes, makeup, even wigs. She teases me about being better at dressing me than herself.

I have had makeovers and have receives valuable advice from GG's and other crossdressers. And I get wonderful support and advice from all the other girls here.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

My lovely and loving wife. She helps me pick out clothes, has stayed up late to win me wigs on Ebay. She advises with the makeup and is most free with the ''pretty" comments. We quite often have Sunday dinners toghether when I am dressed But, she is forever dragging me to Payless and making me buy shoes, even when I dont expect it! I absolutely love her to pieces for all her support. Dael

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Most of my CD is done by myself but occasionally my GG friend helps me out and thought a lot over the years

Wasn't sure how to answer the poll. My two wives (I'm a remarried widower, rather than polygamous) have both been very supportive of my CDing, to the point of encouraging me to live full time. But neither of them has worn much makeup or had much interest in fashion. So I haven't had much technical help, but a lot of emotional support. I've learned makeup from the three makevoers I've had in my life. After the third makeover, a friend said I did my makeup better myself, so what I learned was No more makeovers for me! And like most women, I've learned a lot from practicing.

A couple months ago I posted a quesiton on this forum about liquid eyeliner. I got some very helpful replies and since then I've practiced with it. For a while, I only used it when I had plenty of time in the morning and wasn't nervous. In the last couple of weeks I've begun to use it daily. Thanks, everyone who contributed!

Blessings,
    Rikki

Nope!!!

I,m self taught and still learning.
    I,m enjoying the learning though!!
    My daughter has given me a few tips too.

Yep!!

Over the years,fifteen to be exact. I've had a GG hairdresser, who has helped me with wigs,makeup, nails, waxing. She's such a dear person, still see her to this day.
    Found out about her through Crossroads here in Detroit. Also I've got one special MAC SA I go to for makeup. She's been great as well. From my hairdresser, to the gal that does my electrolysis, all the GG's that I've gone to with my crossdressing problems, have been very friendly, understanding and helpful. LOVE EM ALL!!
    Huggs, Renee

Lots of help and from many different sources but sadly not from my dear wife. I have some good reliable cd friends who help me by going out together and storing my clothes for me. I have lots of real girls who are supportive and give me confidence. I have all the good folks on forums such as this

mitch

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Not so weird as you think, I want to look my best when I dress...

Thank goodness my wife understands and supports me...

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    I've voted yes to this . My guru in the world of fashion is my wonderful wife kelly. I dread to think back to the times before she guided my choice of clothes. Oh dear ,oh dear, oh dear, very scary is all i can say. Now i truely believe i'm as natural and beautiful as i can be and it's all down to her , thanks babe x