Thread: Adam's Apple Do we Or Don't we.

Adam's Apple Do we Or Don't we.

I have a question, from the observations I make of us. I know the crazy blonde again. It seems to me on myself and on some of us. There dosen't look like we have Very much Adam's apple or very little of one. Do any of you think that this is also a sign we are women in a mans body. Any theroies.
    I will follow my heart

Personally, I think it has more to do with how much extra weight you're carrying, that tends to hide the adam's apple.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Agreed. If you feel your throat, you can detect your Adams Apple. Its not present in a woman.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

I dont know, mine just isnt very prominent

Some have them more prominent than others, and there are some natal females who have prominent ones too.

So, no, the size of one's Adam's Apple isn't an indicator of transness.
    DonnaT

Both women and men have them.I have seen larger ones in natal females too. And several tg's with not a noticeable one.
    The size of an Adam's apple can vary widely; some are extremely prominent, while others are less pronounced, .Has to do with hormones and the deepingy of the voice at puberty. I read where generally a deeper voice accomodates for this difference, the voice box, which is referred to as the Adam's Apple has more muscles in it, to produce a deeper sound, thus it is more prominent, whereas a softer voice, the larynx does not have such features and they have a smaller voice box, and no visible Adam's Apple
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Weight?

Quote Originally Posted by AmberTG View Post
    Personally, I think it has more to do with how much extra weight you're carrying, that tends to hide the adam's apple.
    That's the only regret I have about having lost weight over the last couple of years - it DOES make my adams apple a bit more prominent. :-(

Guess I have been lucky. I have never had a very noticalbe Adam's Apple.

I would think it helps me pass a little better, since if someone thinks I may be man-in-a-dress and looks but does not see my Adam's apple, might add enough doubt that they give me the benifit of the doubt.
    Last edited by JoAnnDallas; 04-23-2008 at 09:21 AM.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Mine seems near invisible these days, it wasn't very much to begin with, with the swelling of the glands in my throat in my late teens from my illness and a little weight gain in the last 5 years and now it seems gone.

The size depends on the level of teenage testosterone - like the length of your ring finger??

Whether low testosterone = woman in a man's body is a whole other question..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

It's harder to pass with a big Adam's apple but I do not think there is any correlation between smaller than average apple and tendency to CD.
    BTW I'm blessed with a fairly small one but I think it's pure coincidence.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I don't have any scientific studies to support this, but I don't think a missing Adam's means anything. Either you have a prominent one or you don't. Even with weight loss, I don't have a hint of one and neither to any of the other males in my family. Its probably a matter of inherited genes.

Babette

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    I hide Kayla's with makeup. If you darken the foundation just a bit in the center, and lighten it along the sides of the apple, then dust with powder it makes it less noticeable. Just take a look at her pics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Adam's Apple Do we Or Don't we.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems to me on myself and on some of us. There dosen't look like we have Very much Adam's apple or very little of one. Do any of you think that this is also a sign we are women in a mans body. Any theroies.

I think we have femenine traits on us, for example on some of us the adam's apple doesn't stick out or we have a small back or small long hands. In my case, I compared myself with other people my age and with tall women and I realized that some of my features, such as ,my back or my hands or the absence of the adam's apple, resemble more to those of a woman than to those of a man. I would like to have a more girly face with soft features and would like my fingers not to be so wrinkled. Make up can, I've seen doesn't make wonders, but help out.

The other day a boy classmate of mine was taking pictures with his cell phone or recording a video, and said to me dude, it seems to me that you wax your eye brows. I cooly responded Really? I never noticed it. It made my day.
    "Solo hay dos d?*as en los que no se puede hacer nada, uno se llama ayer y el otro mañana."Today is the day.

Most men of my age group, have a slochy posture, belly hanging over their belt, and very hairy chest/legs. None of which I have. I do have a little extra on my stomach and sides, but I have seen many women in my age group with the same extra. Also my natural measurements are

Bust 38
    waist 33
    hips 40

I also wear a size 9 woman's shoe.

I am sure all of these traits help me to pass when I am out fully dressed.

mine is hugh, but there's still a lesbain trapped in my body.

Gold Member
    I am not small, and I don't think my adam's apply has ever been easily seen, I know it is not real visible now.

In my case overweight is certainly a factor to the fact that my Adam's Apple isn't visible... But in addition, it seems to be very small.

That must be part of the diversity of human features...

I'm certainly not going to complain

Eugenie

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I'm underweight and I still dont have one thats prominant.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Dalece

I'm small and slim and I'm very lucky to be able to say that mine doesn't show at all, not even if I stretch my neck upwards. Having said that, unless it's really prominent, I don't think people notice :

I thought Di's information was very interesting, and regarding your question: "Do any of you think that this is also a sign we are women in a mans body." Interesting question, but IMHO ... I highly doubt it.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I agree with Di. This apple thing is really much too complicated to ascribe to one gender or the other. Besides, everyone knows that it was Eve's apple, not Adams. Anyway, I have never had one that could be seen, and I'll try to keep it that way.

Mine is small but slightly visible.

I, too, don't have much of an Adam's apple. I don't really think it's a sign of femininity as my voice is somewhat low. I say that because somehow I thought a large, prominent "apple" would be symtomatic of a deep voice. Shows what I know about anatomy...

ChanDelle