Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers Answer Only Pls.

Crossdressers Answer Only Pls.

A GG can speak about having a CD husband or partner but from a Crossdressers point of view can a GG really have any real understanding of how we feel or how we view things?

Can anyone really have a true understanding of how others feel especially when there is a difference in gender?

To the full extent, absolutely not. Our crossdressing is our secret (or not so secret) little passion and escape from our stressful lives. Most people would say "how the f#*@ can certain clothing and makeup make you feel all better?"

Some women can understand very well. Because a lot of women crave for lingerie and couture gowns and makeup they have a fairly good idea how it feels for us to wear what they wear. But we are men and we have clothing specifically designed for us and are (by the majority) socially expected to wear them.

I used to be a skateboarder about four or so years ago. When I was skating I looked at the people around me that didn't have skateboard and thought "how can you live life without skateboarding?" Because I was so obsessed with it I thought it was one of the very few important things on this planet. Now that the dream has almost completely gone I have seen the light and can see how people can live without skateboarding. People around us can ever so easily see how UNimportant CDing is and don't completely understand how it feels to us.

Banned Read only
    Very few can.
    Some can with lots of time spent with a very good gender counseler that is also very good at teaching.
    Most will never get it.

Geographic area and culture has a lot to do with it.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    No more than we can understand what it is like to be a GG. Still, some folks are very understanding and learn about their spouses/SO's etc feelings and thoughts.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I'll answer YES.

I think some have a clue because of things they have experienced that are somewhat similar in general concept. Of course since we are all unique we are all a bit different.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Can a GG have a understanding yes, Can they turley understand no, I do not truley understand my self. Other than this is who I am.

Anna

It depends how good you are at explaining, dunnit?

PS - I think it's a shame the GGs haven't been invited to express an opinion?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Gg

My experience is that most GG are completely turned off by it

I would think no since it is such a unique situation. However, I often think of all the different situations that others different than myself go through (being GG or a different race or gay or paralyzed or whatever) and try to be as empathetic as possible. Will I ever really know what it's like to be those things? no, but it shouldn't get in the way of trying to understand and being accepting. This is something I've noticed myself doing alot more of the as the years have passed and I've met more and more people different than myself.

Hi Emily. I noticed you said yes because of things similar in concept. Care to elaborate? My brain is locked up right now and I can't think of any. (probably because I'm trying to be a skinny bitch too! I need food. love the blonde btw)

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I believe it would depend on the GG! I have been blessed with two GG's so far in my long life that did understand as far as possible. One was my dear late wife and the other is my GGF in Scotland. However, I also agree with Jill. Can anyone, male or female, truly understand the full thinking of another? I think not. That is how Psychiatrists or Psychologists make their money!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the ouside, but man underneath!

I think that they can have an understanding of it to a point, but unless you are CD/TG/TS like we are I just don't think that one can fully comprehend totally what it is like to be one of us. Just my opinion on that.

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    ya know, sometimes I don't quite understand myself, so can others understand me or my feelings and desires? now, if I found a GG that could even begin to understand me, it might be a little different response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Can anyone really have a true understanding of how others feel especially when there is a difference in gender?
    Everyone is different, and I do not believe anyone can have a true understanding of how others feel about something, regardless of gender.

Quote Originally Posted by CharleneT
    No more than we can understand what it is like to be a GG.

Just as many true women on this forum have said that there is no way that we as men can truly feel what it is like to be a woman, I think that there is no way that a GG can truly know what is is like for us, unless she is also transgendered. Even in such a case, it is doubtful. Empathy is one thing, but true understanding is another. I admit that I have a difficult time understanding just what our FTM members feel, as I cannot empathize with their overwhelming desire to be male, or emulate men. I understand being transgendered, because I am. But I don't get with their desire to "be" male. I'm sure it's similar, only in reverse.

But I know what it is like to have feminine feelings and desires, as a consequence of my transgendered nature. That, however, is not "feeling like a woman". That is fantasizing that I'm a woman, and harvesting the feelings that go along with it. Does that make any sense?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    The largest part I don't believe most GGs would understand is the compulsion. The drive to dress is ALWAYS there. Suppressed sometimes for years, but it NEVER completely vanishes.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Too many variables in the reasons why all of us dress. How is a GG to really know ? Even if your up front with them, can they really understand ?

Some of us don't have an understanding of it. Why would they.
    Angie

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Depends on the GG ... but IMHO what almost all GGs have, is an abundance of empathy. That does a lot to go towards understanding almost anything.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by skirt_lover View Post
    A GG can speak about having a CD husband or partner but from a Crossdressers point of view can a GG really have any real understanding of how we feel or how we view things?

A CD can speak about having an understanding DH or SO but from a GGs point of view can a CD really have any real understanding of how they feel or how they view things?

How does that sound?

In both cases, the answer is, of course not. No one person regardless of gender, will ever have a real understanding of how anyone else feels or views things.. (except maybe identical siamese twins who share the same nervous system).

But some people, especially many here (but obviously not all), are able to empathize to a remarkable degree with others, no matter the gender. And that's more than enough. Who wants a clone for a partner?

Your question is worded in a way that only one sensible answer can be given, a way that agrees with your implied opinion. "... really have any real understanding...". And I sense that your opinion is no, but not in an unbiased curious way.

In fact, it occurs to me that you want GGs to read this or it would have been posted in a private forum like the GM forum.

Whatever your opinion and whatever your motive for asking this question this way, you have my answer. But somehow, it doesn't feel right...

I'll not post in this thread again. I'm not up for a war of words...

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    ^This.

--

Depends on the indivudual, doesn't it?
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Each and every person have their own life experiences that taint their understanding of others. Everyone has their own failures, successes, wants, and desires that will influence their thoughts and perceptions. As stated earlier, this is why psychiatrists get rich, and they probably do not really understand but base their opinions on ingrained training and previous experiences. So, in essence, no GG can really understand a CD any better than most of us CD's can understand ourselves.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

I have trouble understanding myself sometimes. That being said, a GG may not understand, but can be understanding. We're all individuals with unique thoughts and feelings.

Finally Liberated :)
    Quote Originally Posted by skirt_lover View Post
    Can we really feel what it is like to be pregnant for 9 months and give birth?
    No, so to answer your question I would say they can sympathize with us try to see it from our point of view but can they really grasp what it feels like to finally be yourself?

IMO about as much as we can be pregnant for 9 months and give birth.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Be understanding, or really understand CDing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jada Rose View Post
    I have trouble understanding myself sometimes. That being said, a GG may not understand, but can be understanding. We're all individuals with unique thoughts and feelings.
    I don't think u should exclude ANYONE in your question.
    The reason I haven't told anyone about my CDIng, is I don't think ANYONE; male, female, dog, cat or alien would understand it!

Even many CDs here don't get my CDing. And to be honest, I often don't get the CDing others do.

My hope would be for a future GG SO, to be UNDERSTANDING when I dress up like her!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!