Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressers Answer Only Pls.

Hi doc

or Sherry if you prefer.

It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world...

I agree with you wholeheartedly. My family has known about me since I was a child and don't understand. Shoot, I still don't understand. All I know is that it is me...who I am.

There have been people in my life that had a clue about the feminine me and they were cool with it and there have been the ones that just had to confront me in the most negative way.

Just now as I sit here reflecting...I don't think my life has been so bad. I've learned to play the hand I've dealt.

Rambling on...and I was just going to read tonight.

Sorry,

sugar

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I don't think u should exclude ANYONE in your question.
    The reason I haven't told anyone about my CDIng, is I don't think ANYONE; male, female, dog, cat or alien would understand it!

Even many CDs here don't get my CDing. And to be honest, I often don't get the CDing others do.

My hope would be for a future GG SO, to be UNDERSTANDING when I dress up like her!

No i don`t think so as they are FAB so they would not need to understand as it is a part of them , unless you are going throu or have been throu the same things i think that it would be impossible to truly understand how someone else feels (unless you are a Vulcan ) but that should not stop anyone trying to understand how someone else feels.

joanne

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Perhaps the best any of us can do is listen with an open heart and mind and care enough to do our very best to understand and respect each other. We are unique and very complex individuals and there is no way that anyone can really, truly, 100% understand another person's reality. We can, however, accept and respect that it is their truth, as valid to them as ours is to us.

So then the question becomes...do we have to really truly understand so long as we try to understand as best as is reasonably possible for a human being? that becomes the foundation of a good, loving, caring relationship.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

No, I don't. The reason for this is they are not going through the emotional highs and lows that we go through. No doubt they see this and ask us what's wrong many will say nothing because the fear of being found out is too great. If told the reasons why we crossdress they react either by going off the deep end at the time we need their greatest support, or they give us the support and love we need to progress. But on the whole they cann't understand what we are going through.

Understanding

In my case, I told my wife a few weeks after we first met that I liked to wear womens clothes. Being a closeted cd it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. At first, she didn't really understand, but she also didn't think it was all that bad. She didn't want to see me dressed at first, but after awhile she wanted to see me dressed(scared to death), but it went ok. Since then she has helped me with clothes, makeup, etc. She realized that I was just a man(all man) that liked to wear the clothes that she wore, just as women like to wear mens clothes, and for the first time I could feel comfortable about myself. A fact that took me so many years (and this website) to learn about me and that I was not the only one.

It's just too bad that society can't be as tolerant about men wearing womens clothes as they are about women wearing mens clothes, but there are gg that can understand, just as gg like wearing mens clothes. We like to wear the clothes because they are comfortable and they make us feel good about ourselves. I think that people that know you and are open minded are more likley to see through the clothes just as we see through women wearing mens clothes. I thank god every day that he has blessed me with such a great wife. Sorry to be so long winded with my response.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Can anyone really have a true understanding of how others feel especially when there is a difference in gender?
    Sure.

GG's can understand. It's like this. Ask them to cut their short with a nice buzz cut. Have them wear crappy mens pants. Then ask how they would feel if their failure to comply would mean a job loss. Possible divorce and lose of friends.

I take it back, women can not understand the suffering and oppression that is put upon men.

Tisk tisk, isn't it sad. It doesn't matter if you clothes and hair isn't you. Society says, it WILL be how you dress or face the consequences.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skirt_lover View Post
    can a GG really have any real understanding of how we feel or how we view things?
    I think the answer is "No more than we can really feel what a GG really feels." Actually it even more complex, we can never feel exactly what someone else feels.

Howver, we can have more or less empathy with what other people feel. In that respect, both sides of the "picture" can have mutual empathy.

I think that it is often one of our problems to attribute the lack of understanding to our wives/SOs...

Eugenie

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skirt_lover View Post
    A GG can speak about having a CD husband or partner but from a Crossdressers point of view can a GG really have any real understanding of how we feel or how we view things?

Yes, they can (some of them anyways). I know this because I married one

Zara

i dont see how anyone can truely understand what we dont understand about not understanding
    how a GG can understand how we feel about understanding ourselves
    hell i dont even understand why i want to dress but the compulsion drives me nuts and i dont understand why i have the compulsion to dress.........wait asecond 1....2.....3.....4
    well i am lost now well anyway i dont understand

All good answers, but I do think that a few GGs here approach understanding us. I'd like to see what some of them have to say about this and what makes them think so. I know understanding and acceptance are different, but doesn't there have to be some shared reality level for true acceptance (not just tolerance) to occur?

ChanDelle

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    One would hope two people who have committed to a stable relationship are sharing their realities.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

The question is, do we understand. I'm almost 30 and i've been cding for most of those years and i still don't understand. If any one understand, please tell me.

Amazing Member
    Doubt it, but then I do not understand it myself. Maybe tolerance and sympathy are the relevant traits to be desired in others and ourselves.

To quote a famous Scot... Mr Robert Burns
    "the greatest gift that god could give us
    to see ourselves as others see us" (translated slightly)
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Simple-no

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    In the case of my unknowing GG the answer is no. She made this reply several times over the years when the topic came up on television or in public when we have seen a CD.