Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You?

Would You?

If you (dressed or not) saw a person when you were out in public and you knew for definite they were one of us, would you approach them?

Wink Sure, why not?

Absolutely. Not to cause any problems or nothing, but I think we could all use some encouragement especially if somebody's brave enough to venture out. I've not had the pleasure yet, but someday perhaps...

I would, and I hope another t girl would greet me. I think it's the greatist to be acknowledged in public by a sister. I would be thrilled if it happened to me. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Only if I knew them.

Otherwise, you're only telling them they don't pass..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Only if I knew them.

I agree. I might give them a smile and a wink, but probaly not much more. I'm pretty shy in public anyhow. If I got a response from them, I might say "nice dress" or something, but not too commital.

Dee

Only if I knew them.

I,d be the same
    Anyway if you didn,t know them, how could you be 100% sure they were one of us?
    I,ve seen some pretty masculine women around from time to time, and wondered if they could be c/ders, but do you really want to take the chance and discover that what you,ve seen is in fact a genetic female?

You,ll probably get slapped or arrested for harrassment!!!

I agree with deborah jane,but i'd still give her a wink,and tell her she looks nice

Not unless I knew her personally, but I would nod and smile if I thought she was.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieLove View Post
    I agree with deborah jane,but i'd still give her a wink,and tell her she looks nice
    So you're out and some guy you don't know comes up and winks at you and makes a comment that sounds like a come on - how would you feel?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I did once at the local gay bar. It could have been a GG but I don't think so.
    I never said "hey, are you a crossdresser?" we just talked a bit about some of the other customers.

I wouldn't chase after her, but if she was standing right next to me, I'm sure I would smile and say hello. I would leave it up to her to continue the conversation.

Only if I knew them.

i agree if i did not know her i would leave her alone .. she probably ready to crap her panties anyway... why scare the crap out of her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think I would some how try to acknowledge her but not make an issue of it unless she were to acknowledge me also, dressed or not. If she were to acknowledge my acknowledgement then I would at least try to converse with her, still without pushing the subject. I guess a simple nod, a wink or a nice smile would suffice until she made an attempt to make conversation.
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Would depend on the circumstances for sure. I am friendly,so it is likely that I would approach, but not with an opening line of "so, you're a CD eh?". Sometimes, you just get a feel for a person and know it will probably be ok to talk, sometimes the radar isn't working so you pass on by without saying anything. Sure it tells the person that you spotted them, but they may be interested to know that. It seems that coming from another CD/T{FIB}, it might not be so depressing ... we are expert at the process !

C.

Gold Member
    Can't add much to what charlene said, but I can agree.

I enjoy my CD friends

I definitely would not. I never approach strangers in public, and usually only speak if spoken to when dealing with people I don't know.

Also, odds are I wouldn't even notice them. I am generally oblivious to everything around me when I'm at the mall or whatever, and usually have my music on anyway.

I was at a great friendly gay bar in Phoenix (dressed) and a guy came up to me, bought me a drink, shook my hand and said he was envious and pleased that people went out and showed who they were. He also continued that I looked very pretty and helped dress up the bar or something like that. I was flabbergasted, but pleased that he would take the time, effort and courage to come up to me and welcome me to the bar. He was not the owner, just a fellow patron like myself (the owner welcomed me later). I obviously did not pass since he came over to me (damn) in the first place, but I was dressed up to the nines in flowing bright pink bell bottom pants, red heels, and wonderful blouse. Others then greeted me as well. It is a bar that a member here told me to go to. She was right! After the experience, I would and do go up to CD's that I meet at various bars and places that I frequent.
    Charlie

[SIZE="3"]I think I would try to get into a position where I could say something even just hello and hope I could let them know I was with them.
    gwen
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]A good slave takes a lot of beating[/SIZE]

No, because firstly i am not a forward sort of person and secondly i would assume that if they wanted me to talk to them they would be chatting to me via PM.

joanne

I might make a comment like . . . 'nice dress, it looks good on you' and see what transpires. In he says nothing, no one is hurt.

If I was dressed, maybe. But if I wasn't, having been in those shoes (heels), it would seem like it was coming off as an insult, I would think. This is kind of a tough call. You want to be supportive, not disrespectful. Maybe we need to come up with some sort of membership card or a secret handshake.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

No

And no.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A compliment about her outfit or shoes,etc. would ( I think) be a good way to open the door. It's always nice to hear your efforts are noticed. That, in turn, may open the door for more conversation without saying" Hey! You've been read."

Nope.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

probably not

I've been much more aware recently and have seen sisters in my community. I let them go on about their business. Maybe if I get a chance I would compliment them on their outfit. I guess one of these days when I get out again, I'll have to see how I would feel first if approached by a stranger. Once I've walked in those heels, then my response may be different.