Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You?

I would not go up to some one I know is a cd because they want to go about their own business without somebody 'outing' them, I wouldn't like that done to me.
    Last edited by dominique; 04-24-2008 at 03:53 AM. Reason: misspeling

I suppose it depends on time and place - obvously no problem if your in a gay bar and your both dressed. In general no. Nothing wrong with a nice smile though
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I like to think that if the situation permitted an introduction that I would at least say hello. However, there have been two occasions where I have seen a CD dressed in public (somewhat recently).
    The first one, was in a book store. I saw him go by, and I took a doubletake to make sure of what I saw. Clearly, this was not a full time CD, but the outfit was tasteful. I went around the book case and was on the same row as him. I stopped about two cases away from him. He got nervous and left the row and went straight to the bathroom.
    The second one, was in a grocery store. This character was creepy looking. I got the impression that this was an angry, bold person who had crossed the line of not caring what anyone thought. I was not interested in meeting him.

Therefore, I would say that it definitely has a lot to do with the person CDing.

I've done it...but not as a "read."

I've approached 2 CDers and started conversations on different occasions, but both were presenting in "andro" mode at the time, so there was no aspect of me "reading" them.
    In each case, I feel I made a friend.

I don't think I'd ever do the same thing with a CDer who was trying to pass at the time. The one time I had the opportunity, we were seated in a "two" on the commuter train, and we talked about everything EXCEPT CDing.

I'm not sure how I would feel about chatting with another CDer, ABOUT CDing, when we both were dressed, and in a T* friendly place. That's pure theory for me!

From time to time I will see someone in boymode in the women's section of a store. I wouldn't make it a point to go out of my way to bother that person. However, with the warm weather here, you can get a good idea by looking at the shaved legs.
    Some athletic guys (bicycles etc.) shave their legs, so you can never be 100% sure.

No doubt. I would be so excited to see someone so bold that was capable of going out.
    "Solo hay dos d?*as en los que no se puede hacer nada, uno se llama ayer y el otro maƱana."Today is the day.

Just Happy To Be Here Roberta Rain's Avatar
    The other day, I, my wife, and a close friend were on our way out to a diversity weekend event when we passed a beautifully dressed older gentlewoman in a truly fabulous outfit who was just leaving the event. I was dressed guy as almost always in public. I immediately recognized that she was a cross dresser, and I said, sincerely, 'That is a lovely dress!' He/she may have said a quiet 'thanks', but I'm not certain. In any case, she walked very quickly past us, looking nervouse, and as if she wasn't sure if I was about to follow up with an insult or some other form of attack. My close friend immediately saw the response and (god bless her) said 'Yeah, you just say that because you want to be wearing it.'... or something like that. I said 'Damn straight!' The lady paused for a moment, looked briefly back, seeming to understand that I had been trying to be nice and that we all genuinely admired her, and then hurried on her way.
    We can only do the best we can.
    -Roberta

Probably not for me.. the reason is that I don't approach most people anyway.. I'm a very private person...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

A couple of years ago, wife and I were at Disney FL and I spotted a CDer. She was looking in a gift shop, so I walked up besider her. While looking at an item, I said Hello, I guess it must have freaked her out. Her eyes got wide and she quickly left the gift shop.

I decided after that not to say hello to a TG person in public unless it was at a public TG function.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Only if I knew them.

Otherwise, you're only telling them they don't pass..
    I'm with Nicki on this one. (and most others as a matter of fact, since she seems to have exceptionally sound sensitive and mature views on things).

But, if I knew it was one of "us" from this forum, I would consider that we are already at least acquaintances and I would definitely greet them.
    Mary

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carly D. View Post
    Probably not for me.. the reason is that I don't approach most people anyway.. I'm a very private person...

I'll see your "Probably" and raise you a "definitely" for the same reason.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

would you or wouldn't you

I would say " I just love your shoes, I have a pair just like them" even if i didn't but that would let them know that I was sympatico with their situation if they were a crossdresser and if not than the real GG would know that she had a great pair of shoes. I have actually don this on many occassions to real GG's when I do have the same shoes as they are wearing. Most of th tim they think I am just a big jokester. It is my subtle way of outing myself. I have also told woman that I "love your dress and that I wish that I could look as good in my dress like that. My wife goes nuts when I do this!!!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

when in Rome.....

Obviously enough, in a gay or TS-friendly bar there are fewer barriers to starting a conversation with someone you "think" is one of us, but even in that case an entertainment venue might attract straight couples or women or one kind of celebration (birthday, etc) so one never quite knows. And then there are the working "girls".

And you can't ever be quite sure. I was riding a train about a year ago and a lovely older woman was sitting across the aisle from me. After a while I realized that I could see all manner of "male" clues, but also all manner of female "clues". I said nothing, but that incident led me to observing older women (or those presenting as women) and it is amazingly often that I really can't convince myself of the gender of the person I'm observing. That in itself has made me incredibly careful about starting any kind of gender-specific conversation.

On the other hand, if I see someone who falls into that "androgenous" category, I always attempt to be pleasant and accepting of the gender they are presenting. IMHO that is the best thing we can do for any of our sisters who are out and about: treat them pleasantly as the woman they are presenting...make them feel great about themselves as a woman.

tina

Being discreet

I'd scream out at the top of my voice "HEY ARE YOU ONE OF US?"

No I wouldn't really. If she's was one of us you've just told her she can't pass. If she isn't you're telling a GG she looks like a guy.
    Either way it's not going to be appreciated.

It's unlikely that I'm going to know the person as we are rather thin on the ground for hotties such as TxKimberly here in out of the way Perth.

Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 04-26-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    At first I would have said yes if I was dressed, now since reading all the responses I think if dresses we acknowledge one another and act as a GG would and leave the CD part out it could be fun. In drab I see CD's/TG's & TS's every so often and if they pass by me I just carry on with what I am doing.

Now for me if I am out like anyone I would be taken back by a great however I wold not leave the place because of it. As long as I am not asked how long have you been dressing everything is fine. In the open public if we see each other do as any person would do and act as if the other TG/CD is the gender they are showing otherwise everyones attention will be brought not only to her but to the person talking to her.

Yes, and I would say Hi how's it going???
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Approach, no, probably not. Smile and say "hi", as I do for nearly everyone, Yes!

My 3 cents

How do you treat a GG. I think the same would be true in this case, although the temptation to be supportive can be strong. I don't see where casual conversation in the man to women vein would be so bad. If you treat someone like they are presenting themselves to me that is validation.

Jeannie

I wouldn't start a discussion on the subject of crossdressing if I met another sister who is obviously "one of us".

If I was in drab mode, depending upon the ciscumstances, I might start chatting with her as I do very often... I would treat her like a lady and speak to her on all sorts of subjects outside crossdressing.

My wife says that as soon as I've met and talked to someone, that person gets to know almost all about my life... And I do talk naturally to many people that I had never met before...

I might be a bit more modest if I met a "sister" while being myself dressed "en femme", for the reason given here in a few posts: it might be interpreted as "Well you don't pass very well... I recognize you as a crossdresser". Of course nothing would be said but that would be even worse than saying it...

But so far the only crossdressers I have met were friends I already knew... So I didn't have that problem...

Eugenie

I would hit on her and make her feel wanted

Quote Originally Posted by occdresser View Post
    What happens if you are rejected? Don't take it for granted that they would want you just because you are also a cross dresser.
    Last edited by Dr.Susan; 04-26-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: typographical error

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Susan View Post
    What happens if you are rejected? Don't take it for granted that they would want you just because you are also cross dresser.
    i agree 100% i may have a femee side but same sex is out...

Quote Originally Posted by occdresser View Post
    Trust me, it's much more likely to make her feel scared and upset.

How many of us here have the prime reason for going out shopping being to pick up men????
    Last edited by Nicki B; 04-26-2008 at 07:40 PM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Thumbs up My three cents again (ok maybe four cents)

I guess in retrospect and after talking with my wife about it, it seems to depend on the situation. I am of the belief that we all in some small way or another want to be accepted as what we present ourselves and when someone gives us a compliment or a glimmer of acceptance we flush with excitement and glow with the happiness that we are truly as we want to be. I must say that you all here are wonderful and I am happy to be in your company (if only in cyberspace then so be it).

Jeannie

Suzy said it

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post

. . . No I wouldn't really. If she's was one of us you've just told her she can't pass. If she isn't you're telling a GG she looks like a guy. Either way it's not going to be appreciated. . .
    Suzy just expressed my thoughts exactly.