Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I belong here?

Aspiring Member

Do I belong here?

I've been in these forums for sometime now and I don't completely feel like I belong and wonder if there are others in the forum like me. Here is why I ask.

See, I don't want to be a women, nor do I try to fool other into thinking I'm a woman. I just like the artsy style of clothing and the like. Why can't society just let me be me.

sigh
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Not everyone hear wants to be a woman and not everyone wants to make others think that they are a woman so you are not alone in that , but i expect most hear would wish that society would except them for what they are , so that should help you feel that you belong hear .
    We all feel that we are a bit different from everyone else and that is a good thing.

joanne

Platinum Member
    lol you don't feel like you belong ???? lol that's the first sign you belong here .... i mean if not here were??? with them nut jobs that claim to be "normial"????.........some times you need to accept that it is what it is .....you don't need to be a women ... you just need to be you .... that simple .... there is no right and wrong here just if you can find a place were your happy thats all that matters....

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    "I do not wish to be a member of any distinguished body who would have the likes of me as a member !"

Groucho Marx

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Man in a dress
    I have no desire to be a woman either. A lot of us feel the same way. I love the look and feel of the clothing.
    Crossdressing is a very broad church, and there's a room for all of us, no matter what our desires/wants/needs are.

You belong here as much as anyone does.

DJ
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls.
    It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Then you are at the right place.

It sounds like your interests align closely with my own. I have no interest in passing, and am not interested in presenting as a woman. I don't use a wig or forms.

I do like skirts, nice fabrics, nail polish, flats (shoes), a little bit of jewelry. My sense of style sometimes brings up issues that others here address. Since most of the posts tend to be from those who "go further" than what I prefer, I am erratic in my reading, and even more so in my participation. However, I have found this forum to be loaded with members who are insightful, supportive, and kind.

And, of course, you (and I) are always welcome to start threads like this one. Thanks for bringing up the topic.

Indeed you belong here...

There are many ways of being a crossdresser... And many reasons to the desire to wear women clothes when one is born male (I can't speak for FtM situations)

Some just like the feel of soft material on their skin, some have an image of feminity based upon lacy underwear, some want to look like other women in real life, etc.
    Some do it as a sexual fantazy, some just enjoy being dressed as women and this can even vary from one time to the other in a same person...

So, since this forum name is Crossdressers.com, indeed again, you belong here...

Eugenie

I don,t really belong here either, but nowhere else would take me!!!

Banned Read only
    None of us really belongs here!

We belong out on the streets and out in the world!

But here we are none the less.

Everybody's gotta be somewhere!

Barbara
    Sounds like family to me.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

noname - you and I are in the same boat. I have absolutely no desire to be a chick. I do it for artistic expression, which satisfies a part of my creative side (and also a feminine expression normally overshadowed by dude mannerisms). Painting on canvas or building models takes care of other parts of my creative side. I think of it more like acting or playing a role. If I dressed like Albert Einstein, I would also pay very close attention to the appearance and mannerisms so I could look and act the part in a convincing way. I also find that crossdressing is strangely liberating and thus relaxing.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

It seems to me you fit right in and why would you not? But you are not strange by any means.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Sigh not my friend. I think you have found a home, well at least a place to feel out your thoughts. Your not alone, this girl has no desire to become one....if that make sense. I just love the feel of hose, heels against nice shaved legs and a dress to top it all off.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Do "we" belong here?

I don't have much in common with most here. I dress to suit myself and, like everything I do, I even CD my own way.

However, oddly enough, all the folks here DO have one thing in common! Despite all the differences.

We all dress in ladies clothes! I guess we belong here, or nowhere!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You are at home here hun and belong as much as anyone. And will always be welcome to stay.
    Angie

Get Out and Stay Out!

If you enjoy reading and/or posting here you definately belong here. We are all unique, there are several thousand of us here and each one has her own needs and desires. I love wearing women's clothing, wigs and makeup. I can only pass as a woman on a very dark night, from a considerable distance. It is very normal for one of us to be a bit confused and have doubts but if you enjoy being here, please stay here.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Sweetie, there's not two of us here exactly alike, and some are closer than others. But as someone already said, we all like to wear women's clothing for some reason or another ( and that's TBD). That seems to be the common denominator. No finer or more understanding group will you ever find (in my opinion).

Please stay and enjoy?

ChanDelle

dear NoName,
    sorry you feel ill at ease.
    but what else do you feel?
    beyond the pressure to look as good or to go out perhaps!
    the feel of this or that upon you!
    it must serve some hidden or sub rational quest...
    many of us will or can never go out.
    yet we share and converse and ask and learn; there is much opportunity for togetherness as a society of misunderstood to disenfranchised even if nothing else. reading the posts above reinforces what i've felt for a time now; we are all so different here, its what we have in common!
    so i join in hoping you feel a family connection of some sort here.
    i sure do.
    can i extend my comfort and curiosity to you?
    eclectically,
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

I think that this thread is the first one that has really struck a nerve for me. I couldn't agree more with everything that has been said and have felt the same as Noname.

The forum is a nice safe place to visit, express yourself and your feelings. Its also a great place to get fashion and beauty tips for aspiring CD'ers that want to dress beter.

I think you fit in here more than you know.

Jen

Aspiring Member
    I believe one of the main reason I don't fit is the nature of many of posts here. Posts like, guess what color my panties are, and who makes great breast forms and where to buy a bra. IMO it just amplifies the publics perception of rocky horror picture show. Just look at the first sticky. "how to tuck". It's like waving a flag that says, "this is what were all about".

Most of what I wear is jeans and t-shirt. ( how daring! ) I don't wear the clothes because the are "womens" I wear them because they don't make anything for guys but the same tired old crap they've been making for decades.

Guess I feel stuck in the middle. I don't dress over the top and try to be a girl. But I don't really dress like a guy either. It's like when I go to video store to check out a movie. I can tell the gal is trying her best not to laugh, but having a difficult time. ( odd since she's seen me many times ) It's difficult for me when women snicker or stare. I just want to grab a mirror and say, look stupid, your doing the same thing! Then I see the guys. I don't want to be like them either. They generally seem busy being a jerk trying to prove they are "being a real man" All while wearing baggy jeans and a dirty t-shirt. All I can think is, jeez buddy have some class.

Why does life have to be so complicated?
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Metal Mistress from CT MentalMercury's Avatar
    Oh yeah, definately. We're all a bunch of oddballs, and I guarantee you there's plenty who share your views.

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Do I belong here?
    After more than 940 posts here, I feel you got all legimitacy to ask this question....

Kisses
    Nadia

Noname, i have been thinking a bit more about what you have said as like you i have also wondered if i fit in here, but that has not so much to do with what i wear or don`t wear but more to do with the lack of what i would call interaction with any other members unless you are one of the selected few , so it can at times feel very impersonal as if you are at times writing something and just sending it into cyberspace but maybe that will alter in time as the thing is that if you don`t stick with it you will never know .

joanne

I gave up worrying a long time ago whether I want to be a woman.

I just enjoy being myself!

Truly, there is no one I'd rather be. I don't want to be anyone else. I don't define myself in terms of anyone else. I don't need to fit anyone else's definition of a man or a woman. I'm just me.

Fashion is a tool. It tells me what items I'm likely to find in stores, and what combinations I can wear in public without being at risk of being harmed. That's helpful, because I wish to avoid harm or ridicule. All I want from the public is to be allowed to exist.

I am aware that it gives me pleasure to appear as a reasonably attractive woman. But that doesn't mean that I want to be a woman--that would mean surgery--more pain, more risk, more expense. Rather, I look in the mirror and smile. That is me, smiling back! A good feeling!

It is comforting to me to discover (again each day) that my deepest desire is to be me, and that does not shock people, and it's not illegal. For a long time, I thought my deepest desires would be illegal and dangerous, and would lead to arrest, unemployment, electroshock, or some other hideous fate. So I tried to conform to society's expectations, and instead became timid and depressed.

Now those dark days are over. I am free. I am happy.

I think if you are free and happy, or long to be, and you would like to be here, that is all that is required for you to be here. Welcome!

Blessings,
    Rikki