Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this guy fishy?

Is this guy fishy?

I posted an ad on craigslist to find a significant other and this man replied to it. He doesn't want a partner or gf, he just wants to help me be the woman that I am inside and wants to provide
    all the tools for me to do so. He says he enjoys seeing a woman like myself transition. He is willing to pay for all the makeover, aesthetician, wig, clothes, shaving/waxing, tanning, etc. Anything it takes for me to be more passable. He says he is married and doesn't want anything, including sex. He just wants to witness my transition and accompany me on my journey. He is old 60+ and I'm 25. Has anyone met anyone like this? I mean, it appears to be a fantasy come true really, but I'm wondering if this is too good to be true.

If it sounds to good to be true, it more than likely is. I would be very careful if you are thinking of meeting with him.

Sounds like a dream come true. However experience has shown me that anything that sounds too good to be true always is too good yo be true.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Mustang Girl said it right!

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGirl View Post
    If it sounds to good to be true, it more than likely is. I would be very careful if you are thinking of meeting with him.
    Can't add to that - she said it all!

Well i have always been told ,if it seems to good to be true it probably is so just be careful. don`t let your dreams fog your judgment.

joanne

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    AMEN!
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    i gotta agree too hunni, take care and tread cafefully, please let us know what you decide.

Jo
    xx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=3]I had to come out of the closet, to make room for all my clothes...[/SIZE]

I gotta agree!!

You,ve got to ask yourself..."Whats really in it for him?"
    After all very few people do something for nothing and it does seem that he knows how to get "one of us" by offering the world!!

Thank you so much. I will try to be on guard.

"Danger!! Danger!! Will Robinson!!"
    You want to wear a WHAT??

RUN

and when you get your transformation done .he will pimp you out until he gets a return on his investment plus interest..

thank him but no thanks !!! your safety is number one .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Be very careful of anything on craigs list.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I found this post on one of your threads from February of 2007;

02-14-2007, 09:04 AM #1

Where can I go to meet the man of my dreams?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize a lot the members on this website are married and are heterosexual, but as a CD (perhaps TS?), I would like to meet a man who appreciates me, who supports me, who isn't in it for the sex basically. I know of some adult websites such as Craigslist where there are men interested in CD that post, but I feel that's an unsafe way to meet a nice decent man since most people are in for a one-night stand. Is there somewhere I don't know that is more respectable? Thank you.

Now, I am wondering if something has changed to make Craigslist a "safer" place to meet someone? (Please be very careful with that type of site).

Kandis
    Last edited by KandisTX; 04-25-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary information from post
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

My first reaction is run like hell.

However, just a thought. What if he is TG and never got to become whole? But he now has the means to help someone do what he never could?

The very simple and easy test is to meet the man in Guy mode. If he is an anthropist (?) he will be only too happy to meet you to discuss how to go about your transition for YOUR fullfillment (i.e. NOT his!).
    If he suggest you dress when you meet etc then ....run like hell.

Nah in fact to hell with it.
    I just listened to my instincts.
    Forget it.

Fishy

There have been several instances reported in our local paper recently where people have used Craig's list to advertise for sex and the responders have been either robbed or had their identity stolen. In the cases mentioned, the people were let into the responder's home.
    Hugs, Carole

I'd definitely be very careful like everyone else has said, but it could just be that he just wants to live vicariously through you as well. Perhaps he has always had the desire to be a tg/ts/cd but never felt like he could, so by helping you and watching you transform he can kind of capture some of it and feel like he was a part of it by helping. Just a thought.

Gone
    I would say be cautious but don't slam the door right away.

Try to force him to show his hand. If you are in contact by email you could drop some hints that you might like some of the things you actually fear; see if he 'coughs' as it were. I had a guy once who was full of the, 'treat you like the woman....etc' who ended up saying 'thank god, that was all an act just to...more etceteras.' Needless to say it was 'adios amigo' from me.

Be underhand, but don't be obvious.

Or just run.

Sophia

He may act like a gentleman in the beginning, he may be full of charm, he may promise you the moon. Now, go talk to just about any GG you care to name. They could relate to you that very same story. They could also relate how it all went to pieces as time went by. Be very, very, careful. Ask yourself, is the risk worth it?

Second thought: What he says he has and will do.....do you have proof? Yeah, he's an older guy and probably looks harmless, but did you bother to look for him on the sex predator list? Any court orders against him? Any felony arrests? Heck, do you actually have any proof that he gave you his true name? Single Ladies think about these things all the time. Since it's a similar deal, maybe you should do the same.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Well if you let a man pay your way, you will earn ever dollar of it because he will control you,use you and toss you aside when he is done.

Every thing that he said sounds like he wants some to control. In this situation he is prince charming, and you are damsel in distress . Some that he will initially make feel good and then slowly tear them apart. make you feel bad. put into your head that no man will ever want you and you are lucky that you got him.

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlinva View Post
    IHe is old 60+ and I'm 25. Has anyone met anyone like this? I mean, it appears to be a fantasy come true really, but I'm wondering if this is too good to be true.
    You are looking for some thing that you need to find in your self. There is no perfect man because humans are not perfect.

Sound like a fair tale . Women fall for it all the time.
    Anita baker even made song called fairy tale that deals with it.

Ps before you date you need to make sure your emotionally ready, secure in your self.
    Last edited by Niya W; 04-25-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Banned Read only
    CYA, allways have someone know whats going on, but with some safety steps in place. WHY NOT?

You'll never know if you don't at least look into it.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by jaina View Post
    CYA, allways have someone know whats going on, but with some safety steps in place. WHY NOT?

You'll never know if you don't at least look into it.
    Because its quick way to end up on a milk cartoon ,ER room, mentally screwed up or worse.

Hi There tgirlinva, It sounds wonderful but even if it's all legitamate and this person is sincere it still sounds a little obtuse and a little too good to be true. Even if it does sound wonderful. this guy could have all kinds of ulterior motives for this. As MJ pointed out he could even want to pimp you out! Another possibility is tax write-offs for second rate doctors and clinics on a bunch of "charity" TS medical treatment stuff and this guy is playing the "go-between". This person would get some of the money,etc.and visa versa. But it does sound like a prepostreously grand offer. If you feel like you don't want to pass up the offer then go ahead and keep up the contact with him but try to find out all you can about him and not just an email address. Try to get a phone number and an address and if he wants to know why just tell him your interested in his offer but you want to know more about him so you'll damn well know the offer isn't a scam or that there's nothing dangerous or peculiar going on. Take a few months to check everything out. If he's got any sense he'll understand your being cautious. But all this is if you can't pass this up. Because the offer is too good to be true even if it's genuine which is questionable.

Samantha gave some good advice there. If you decide to go through with it, PLEASE be careful. Personally, I'd probably advise passing it up for the reason everyone else says: it is too good to be true.

Now, I'd agree with Samantha, try to get as much info on him as you can. An address, a phone number, definitely a first and last name. Do a search online, find anything relevant that seems to relate to him. It may sound stalker-ish, but its for safety. If you still feel the need to meet him, I'd suggest bringing a friend with you, and making sure you meet in a public place.

If you can't bring a friend, at least tell a friend about it, and if you meet, tell your friend you will call them at a certain time. That way, if something were to happen, at least someone knows and can call for help if necessary.

I'd still say run, but that is your choice, and if you do it, make sure you are incredibly cautious.

Well, you could just agree to meet only in public places and never go to his home!