Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this guy fishy?

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    I found this post on one of your threads from February of 2007;

02-14-2007, 09:04 AM #1

Where can I go to meet the man of my dreams?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know of some adult websites such as Craigslist where there are men interested in CD that post, but I feel that's an unsafe way to meet a nice decent man since most people are in for a one-night stand. Is there somewhere I don't know that is more respectable? Thank you.

Now, I am wondering if something has changed to make Craigslist a "safer" place to meet someone? (Please be very careful with that type of site).
    CL isn't an "adult" site, it's a place of ads for everything from personals to employment to people selling things.

If someone decides to meet up with someone like that who they don't know, use safety measures like not giving out your phone number, meet in a public place & maybe bring a friend, etc.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    Well if you let a man pay your way, you will earn ever dollar of it because he will control you,use you and toss you aside when he is done.

Niya,

Good lord, talk about a pessimistic attitude... There ARE good men out there. I know this for a fact. :-) Not that I am WITH any of them, but.. LOL I know a few of them for sure.

However I have to agree that if it is too good to be true, don't waste your time and energy even typing about this guy. It's like a cd'er that told me that I could be the perfect DOMME for him because I can't hurt someone.

I smell something fishy in Denmark.

Good luck,
    Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

I think I'd leave it alone hun.
    Angie

Craig's List is a good place to find a used sofa.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Niya,

Good lord, talk about a pessimistic attitude... There ARE good men out there. I know this for a fact. :-) Not that I am WITH any of them, but.. LOL I know a few of them for sure.

Good luck,
    Kris
    Seen to many girls get used up by a man. Not say all men are dogs. Just saying that you should not put your self in position were he has to much control over you. Doing things like letting him pay your rent.

Thank you very much for all your comments. While a part of me wants to try this out, I feel like my anonymity and safety are paramount at this point. I told him "thank you, but no thanks", mainly because I didn't feel comfortable with his emails and his "pushy" stance. I have yet to go out in public and made that very clear to him, but he keeps pushing me into this "sink or swim" situation, which I am very uncomfortable with. He apparently is running a TS transition factory b/c he told me going in public for the first time was, to his past TS friends, a wonderful experience. He isn't willing to reveal his identity either, except for a telephone number, which I can only call during specified times. All in all, my senses told me not to go through with it. Yes, it's nice to have a friend like that, but at the end of the day, I think I still have to maintain a sense of pride. I am well educated and could perhaps afford all the things he offers me, it'll just take a little bit extra time. That's something I'm willing to take.

I would just say, if you want to set up a meeting to see if the guy is legit, PROCEED WITH CAUTION! I had an experience once where I hooked up with somebody from a personal ad in a newspaper. He claimed to be a tg admirer and I wanted someone only as a friend,so I invited him to my apartment. Big Mistake,,, he started hitting on me as soon as the door closed. The only way I was able to get him to leave was by threatening to call the cops and chasing him down the stairs with a Louisville Slugger. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Sounds controlling. Who knows what's up his sleeve.

Well I don't know what else I can add, that everyone hasn't said already.
    Daphne

my 2cents

I may be pore. I may be broke .
    but I can't be bought. Im worth to much to sell my sole .

PS it was tried once by an ex lover

Aspiring Member
    Run Girl Run!!!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I'm with Julie on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    My first reaction is run like hell.

However, just a thought. What if he is TG and never got to become whole? But he now has the means to help someone do what he never could?

The very simple and easy test is to meet the man in Guy mode. If he is an anthropist (?) he will be only too happy to meet you to discuss how to go about your transition for YOUR fullfillment (i.e. NOT his!).
    If he suggest you dress when you meet etc then ....run like hell.

Nah in fact to hell with it.
    I just listened to my instincts.
    Forget it.
    Meet him in a VERY public restaurant or bar. Preferably during daylite hours. Show up 1/2+ hour early and watch the guys that come in. Size him up carefully. U mite act like you've had one too many martoonies and see what he says/does!

Finally, Grasshoppa, trust the Force and listen to your instincts!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It sounds like you came to your senses. And thats a good thing.and for those out there that didnt know Craigs list has a ton of adult content. and also people have responded to ads from craigs list and been killed. Fortunatly the person was cought but the person killed dosent have the option to be more careful. my stay safe

Last year a woman was murdered answering an add for a governess. Too many nuts out there. Stay away !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
    for those out there that didn't know Craigs list has a ton of adult content. and also people have responded to ads from craigs list and been killed. Fortunately the person was caught but the person killed doesn't have the option to be more careful. my stay safe
    Thousands have responded to CL ads and not been killed. The internet has plenty of adult content too- it isn't evil either.

TGinVA said: "He isn't willing to reveal his identity either, except for a telephone number, which I can only call during specified times."

Translation: Married. & the pushiness is a sign of a guy who'd soon be pushing for sex. You have good instincts.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 04-27-2008 at 04:25 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Is he fishy? - he proabably has a Trawler !

...ask yourself, what's in it for him?

If you are careful to never be alone and meet in public places then you should be safe enough to check it out. If you are tiny and he is large than I would be doubly careful. Good luck!
    Sally

Gold Member
    So he knows nothing more about you than some online ad, yet he is offering to pay for a bunch of stuff?
    OK, suppose it were genuine. What does he have more money than he knows what to do with?
    Seems kind of odd.

"There is no free lunch"

Economic rule.

Something IS fishy!!!

Something IS fishy with this guy. I think it's the bait he's using on you. Spit the hook and swim away fast!!!

There will come a time. When he wants more. You're his girl. He's done a lot for you. You owe it to him. Take care of your man, wench.

Just kidding! But, you catch my drift.

painfully slow seamstress mudanjel's Avatar
    It sounds like you already said "No" and he's pressuring you anyway, if I'm reading this correctly.

Why would you get involved with a stranger who has no respect for your authority over yourself? When will "No" mean "No" with this guy?

(And as far as the scary stories go, an attorney here in Portland met a girl over one of those "Live Links" chat lines . He's been dead for a couple of years now.)
    [SIZE=3]~~Lilly~~[SIZE=2]between TBN and Metallica~~[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]**I'm supposed to be sewing** [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]~~check out my Plus-Girl Swishy Taffeta Dress in the classifieds! (24W)~~ [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]*PM me if you need a chronic pain buddy* [/SIZE]