Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when you don't feel like dressing...

when you don't feel like dressing...

I was just wondering, when you don't feel like dressing, when you don't have that urge, do you miss it? A lot of the times when i don't feel like dressing up i miss it, i feel like it is a spice to my life and the male mode just doesn't have it. Nevertheless i don't feel like dressing so i can't push myself to get that spice back.

Smile

dont woor it will alose be there

I feel a sense of relief for a bit. I don't like the fact that I am a CD, I didn't choose to be, I just am. So when the urge isn't there, I find it a bit of a relief.

Hmm, interesting response Angel. You make CDing sound like an animal urge. I'd love to learn more about why you don't like being a CD. I guess i don't enjoy being a male, maybe why i don't like not having the desire.

When I don't feel like dressing, it is just that I am depressed... So I get into a vicious circle. As I am depressed I compensate by eating more than I should... I gain weight... I can't enter in my clothes... I feel even more depressed... etc.

But things can change rather rapidly... As soon as for some mysterious reason, my morale becomes better, I ger again in the mood for dressing and the strength to be reasonable with food comes back, I can again enter in my clothes... etc.

Eugenie

Dana I always feel like dressing hun.
    Angie

I envy you Angie. Sometimes my body just doesn't feel like getting prettied up, even though my mind wishes it did.

I usually end up going quite a while between getting dressed (not usually by choice) and it doesnt really bother me too much (most times) but then when I get a chance to dress and go out, it reminds me why I like to do it

It can come and go for me.. I can have long periods of time without dressing up at all but what clicks it for me is being somewhere where women dress up... that will start the want to dress and it can be very overwhelming for me.. like I just gotta feel pantyhose on my legs right now!!!
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Quote Originally Posted by DanaB View Post
    Hmm, interesting response Angel. You make CDing sound like an animal urge. I'd love to learn more about why you don't like being a CD. I guess i don't enjoy being a male, maybe why i don't like not having the desire.
    Actually, that is a very good way of putting how I feel. Yea, I feel like it is an animal urge almost. I feel it is a compulsion.

I would compare it to the human sex drive. Humans (in general) have an urge to have sex, it is built into our nature, a need to reproduce to continue the race. You may not feel like it, but you still feel an urge to do it. I feel it is comparable to that. I don't really want to dress. I just feel an urge, like I have to. It is a compulsion to me.

I guess I wish I wasn't a CD, and had more 'mainstream' or 'socially accepted' desires.

I probably didn't get this out the way I had hoped, putting how I feel about it in to words is excessively difficult, but I would rate it closely to OCD.

Silver Member
    As for me the urge is always there. I underdress 100% of the time and dress completely at least 50% of the time when I am alone. I have been a cd since about age 5 so this has been a life long pursuit for me. I remember how frustrated I felt during the four years I spent in the military when I could not cd. I was a cd before enlisting and thought I could "change" in some way or "outgrow" it. I now know that is not possible, this is not something that I chose to be but rather is a part of me that has always been there and always will be there. So to answer the question, yes the urge is always there and if the opportunity is as well then it is going to happen. I have never experienced a day when there was no urge to cd at all.

The urge to dress is usually there for me, but not always. Like Angel, I feel something akin to relief when I don't feel like dressing. But I also welcome it when I do. Wierd, huh? Sometimes it just doesn't feel worth the effort. Other times I can't wait for the whole ritual....the whole dressing up process.

But I wouldn't sweat it. It only means that it's not controlling your life like it does for some others. Don't worry about it, don't force it, and do as you feel. It's all good.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    This happened to me when I used to dress almost everyday and I just burned out. It will come back for some and others the urge to dress actually stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Carly D. View Post
    It can come and go for me.. I can have long periods of time without dressing up at all but what clicks it for me is being somewhere where women dress up... that will start the want to dress and it can be very overwhelming for me....
    For me, it is very much as Carly describes. Long, "dry" periods followed by wonderful immersion in soft, femme things. But even when I'm in a non-dressing period, I still feel femme at heart.

When I feel that way it usually means there's something else I need to be doing. I just go with it, do it, and that's that.

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    There are times when i just don't face to urge to go all the way so to speak but by definition if i'm not in the mood to do it then i don't miss it . If i missed it i'd do it

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaSmith View Post
    There are times when i just don't face to urge to go all the way so to speak but by definition if i'm not in the mood to do it then i don't miss it . If i missed it i'd do it
    You response is very valid.

If you do not have the urge to dress then how can you miss it.

You can only miss something when you can not do it.

Glamour Puss
    For me the urge to dress goes away after winter. I find that in winter there are much more opportunities for me to dress and go a little more under the radar.

I also have an obsession for winter coats. When I was maybe nine years old my aunt forced me to wear her coat on a cold day. It was incredibly feminine and I just felt wonderful. I guess it was the feeling of security and the smell of the perfume. There are many more reasons why I CD which I will save for another time.

I have also experienced the desire to "outgrow" CDing. But I have realized that it is part of me and is never going to go away, and in fact gets stronger as I get older
    Last edited by JennyLord; 04-29-2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I feel something akin to relief when I don't feel like dressing. But I also welcome it when I do. Wierd, huh? Sometimes it just doesn't feel worth the effort. Other times I can't wait for the whole ritual....the whole dressing up process.
    This is exactly the way I feel also.

Karen Sue

The Urge

This is my first posting in around 1 year. A year ago I had to go into male mode for my spouse. At first in our life she accepted it and now she does not. I have accepted that I am a CD. I love the feel and the look of female clothing on me. But I also needed to control it.

For the past year I have had to suppress the feelings to dress. Over this time of not dressing and suppress my feeling I now have more times that I do not wanted to dress. This does not change who I am. I am a CROSS DRESSER, I am TRANSGENDER. During this time of not dressing I still look at GG's and admire their clothes, how they dress, and wishes that I was a GG.

You know as I write this I do have and alway will have the desire to dress, it has always been there even during the time when it was supress. I do want to be and look female. Face it the urge never ends it just get depressed. Other things substitutes the feels but they are still there. IT SAYS TO ME, FROM TIME TO TIME, when I can not go any longer "I'M BACK" and thats just me.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
    It's already tomorrow in Australia ."
    ~Charles Schultz~

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    I often find that if I really think about it when I don't feel like dressing I'm really procrastinating or feeling I shouldn't or it's too much bother. Not an absence of desire to dress though it can seem like that on the surface but more an inertia, a resistance to dress. I'm usually feeling down or moody or upset or cranky.

When I realise this is what I'm doing I often decide to straight away go and put some lipstick on at least if I'm tired, more if I'm not. I always feel tremendously better, uplifted, empowered, more balanced and better.

So I think when I don't feel like dressing it's often the time I most really need to do so.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Sometimes I've dolled myself up and sat there after all that time and effort and gone nah, not today and changed back into male mode. Then there times I sit there and think I've got penty of time to go girl mode but I just can't be a#*ed too.

Then there are others days were I almost ache because I want to be all girly.

'Just see what the sea brings dude and ride the wave......'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

The thing is that you may never ever ever dress again in your life but remember this.......

[SIZE="4"] Fact: You will always be a Crossdresser. [/SIZE]

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    [QUOTE=skirt_lover;1278580]The thing is that you may never ever ever dress again in your life but remember this.......

That walking around naked will get you arrested; FACT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

[QUOTE=Rachaelb64;1278584]
    Quote Originally Posted by skirt_lover View Post
    The thing is that you may never ever ever dress again in your life but remember this.......

That walking around naked will get you arrested; FACT!

Silly me.