Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring - no more shaving legs for summer *pout*

Unhappy Spring - no more shaving legs for summer *pout*

Does anyone else feel a bit down as summer is coming and you can't shave your legs do to fear of discovery by others? I shave all fall and winter as it is "long pant" season.

Barbara
    I am blessed with little hair on the legs. I really don't think anyone really cares if you shave the legs or not, unless of course you normally have a lot of hair.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

yes =- spring and summer is here= and no more shaving my legs= ech

Just tell everyone you are a body builder and shave anyway. You would be surprised at the guys that do shave.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I keep my legs and, for that matter, the rest of my (ahem) "beautiful" body hair free year round. Easy solution, I'm not much of a "shorts wearing" kinda person. Go to the beach, or pool / lake ? Just don't worry about it. Let 'em think what they will. Most people don't think about it anyhow. They're too busy with their own life to notice. Those that do, most likely won't say anything. The very few that do notice and DO say something are mostly rude types anyhow and should get a sarcastic answer. Something like ,"Yeah I keep smooth ALL over, the sex is fantastic, you should try it."
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I sympathise , but go even further than just my legs . I,ve had remarks on my hairless arms , let alone my legs . I just informed those who questioned I prefer to be hairless as I find it cleaner . Being in UK I hardly ever get to see the sun , so my skins so white its more than evident , so I use a bottle tan to keep things a little " shaded " .
    I bet theres tons of guys shaving , I mean hasnt the term metrosexual become fashionable ??

Aspiring Member

Are you kidding?

Now that the weather has changed and you can start wearing shorts again, this is the perfect opportunity to keep your legs shaved. Living in a place where it is somewhat warmer year round, men wear shorts all the time and let me tell you, there are a lot of men who have very little hair on their legs. Have you ever seen men who have no hair on their calves or on their thighs because the pants they wear have worn the hair off. Older men don't regrow the hair on their legs and they look like they have sparrow legs because they are so white. You can hardly notice the hair on black men. Keep shaving your legs but tan them, either from a bottle, a booth or natural sun.

It is like piercing your ears, hardly anyone will notice and really, no one really cares. I have had more people remark about the holes in my lobes than my legs that are shaved. When asked if I do, I simply say yes.

I coach at a public high school and wear shorts ALL THE TIME. I shave my legs every day and keep them tanned. I have not had anyone say anything about them for a long, long time. I have prepared answers but have not had to make any replies.

Come on ladies, give Janice57 some support and encouragement to keep your legs shaved year round.

Janice, just keep on shaving. It was a big change for me since my body was very hairy. I am shaved from head to toe. My only get a comment here and there but I really can't remember when the last one was. Nobody is really going to care. It summer and the best time to be shaved. You can feel the warmth and wind against your skin. So I got to say, just keep on shaving. You will enjoy the feeling.

girl about town

What? No shaving in summer?

Summer is the prefect time TO shave your legs,
    (And the rest of your body as well!)

Believe me, I used to feel the same way about shaving,
    but once you feel that cool breeze on your freshly shaven legs,
    you will never go back, EVER, to wearing a hair coat
    during the hottest months of the year!

I also thought that people would notice,
    and a few did in the beginning, but after a while,
    they could care less what I did with my body.

And the third and most important reason to shave
    and show off your legs during the summer months is:
    you just feel more girlie and sexy!
    It makes a statement about who you are
    that is with you all the time.

Rise up, girls, and shave those legs!
    Join us and be a part of the girlie revolution!
    Last edited by Christine Kelly; 04-27-2008 at 07:32 AM.

I also shave my whole body and keep a nice dark tan year round. No one seems to notice and it feels so sexy. Go for it and enjoy the feeling.
    Danielle

I used to "take the summer off" but now I shave year round. I really don't like body hair anymore so it is more of a mental health thingie. I could bleach it or wear heavier hose but I don't find that neccesary anymore. Find a back story to stick with or just tell the truth. "Because I like it that way!" works for me!
    Sally

Similar to Sally - I epialte and have always let it grow back (never quite as thick though) for the summer. I decided to continue to epilate thoroughly through this summer and see what happens. Last spring I even got a couple of compliments from mothers at soccer games. (Made my wife jealous/angry). I do think that having a modest tan will be important to pulling off a natural look though.
    Mary

i am going through laser hair removal so , i want it all gone !

now that spring and summer is here I have to shave my body every other day.durning the winter I could go a week with out shaving. I used to just shave in the winter when I was in the closet, but now that (I am out of the Closet most of the way) I get out dressed at least once or twice A month I keep myself shave all year long. that way when I do get to get out I dont have to get the bush hog out to shave my legs.

Yes keep it off no one will care or say anything except you maybe.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

G.G. MEMPHIS,TN. donnasweetheart's Avatar
    My boyfriend has already stopped shavng and I hate it. Nothing better than his smooth shaved legs rubbibng against mine. I already miss them and summer isn't even here yet. Wonder if anyone would even notice if he contiued to shave?

summer is the best to shave

No one cares if you shave your legss especially in the summer just tell them you get a better tan without the hair. I was at a social fuction last summer and well playing volleyball one of the ladies at the party said are your legs shaved. I simply replied that leg hair is ugly and so I shaved it off. Her respone was your legs look great and she was going to tell her husband to start shaving his legs. Point is everyone does it so why should summer be any differnt.

Love Always,
    Wendi

I'm a cyclist, and most of us cycling types shave our hair. There are many reasons for this, and one practical one for me is that the tight shorts always pull my hair anyway, which is painful. I had the same problem scuba diving. By shaving, I avoid this problem.

Others here are right - no one gives a damn. It's a huge leap to take between shaving legs and crossdressing. You'd be surprised how many people don't make that connection, I suspect. Usually, suspicion of crossdressing results from discovery of several clues, not just one. If you come off as feminine while in guy mode, however, this conclusion will likely be made
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea M. Forbes View Post
    I'm a cyclist, and most of us cycling types shave our hair. There are many reasons for this, and one practical one for me is that the tight shorts always pull my hair anyway, which is painful. I had the same problem scuba diving. By shaving, I avoid this problem.

My DH is a cyclist as well. Everybody who knows him knows that he cycles. I don’t think that anyone thinks anything of it.

Tricia Ann Marie triciaannmarie's Avatar

Spring Shaving

No one really cares if you shave your legs. I keep mine shaved all year long and i wear shorts too. I tan all the time and my legs look good without the hair. Most people don't care one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice57 View Post
    Does anyone else feel a bit down as summer is coming and you can't shave your legs do to fear of discovery by others? I shave all fall and winter as it is "long pant" season.
    I feel your pain...I work outside (at one of my jobs at least) so I'll almost have to wear shorts this summer, or overheat

I am a cyclist, so shave for that reason as much as any other... but even the people who don't really know how much I ride have never commented on my shaved legs.

BTW: My wife loves it when I shave my legs... after a season on the bike, I get really nice definition in my calve muscles which looks MUCH nicer with no hair to get in the way.

So I'd say I'm almost the opposite of you. I sometimes think 'Why bother?' about shaving in the Winter, since nobody will see me anyway, but as soon as cycling season (and short skirt weather) is here, off comes the ugly hair!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

[QUOTE= If you come off as feminine while in guy mode, however, this conclusion will likely be made [/QUOTE]

See there's my problem...I'm 'freaky' enough in guy mode, if I'm walking around with shaved legs that's just going to add fuel to the fire of suspicion about my sexuality and/or general freakiness...although the older I get the less I care...maybe someday I'll shave year 'round...

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    My legs have been bare since I started dressing and noticed the hair when I was about 18 or 19, I do keep a little light hair on my legs but it is not noticeable. Also I wear shorts and thanks to the hip hop community more men are shaving legs which I noticed with some of the men in my area.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Shave your legs, you will not be discovered. I shave my arms and my legs and my chest and no one ever says anything about it at all.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...