Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'I-Don't-Believe-It' Disease

'I-Don't-Believe-It' Disease

Do you have it?

I assume the majority of men posting here want to look, act and be mistaken for or, to pass as a woman. Those that don’t pass may have the ‘I-Don’t-Believe-It’ disease. Photos can be deceiving but so is your mind. How many times do you have to be told you are a pretty, sexy and attractive woman before you will believe it yourself?

Your problem is that you don’t believe anything. As soon as someone mentions a nice thing, doubt creeps in and you take the position of ‘I don’t believe it.’ You think, “My shoulders are too broad,” “my arms are too muscular,” “my waist is too thick,” “I’m too tall.” You see all your masculine features.

You don’t believe that when you are dressed as a woman everybody sees you differently than you see yourself. You look in the mirror and you see yourself as you always have, a man, a man wearing women’s clothing and make-up. You see an image of a woman looking back at you and you still think you see Jack, or Joe, or Ted, or Sammy looking back at you and you don’t believe you look like a real woman.

You get tons of compliments from other men on this site and it isn’t because they are gay. They are men just like you but they see you as a woman, not as a man dressed up. They are responding to you as the woman they see, as men have always done, as though you are nectar. Yet you are constantly yearning for confirmation, for feedback, for support, asking in a variety of ways for someone to tell you that you look sexy and attractive and feminine because you don’t believe it.

You find it weird and sometimes uncomfortable when you attract men, and that is because you have the ‘I-don’t-believe-it’ disease. It is a self directed disease that makes its home in the eyes. If your eyes are sick then how can you trust them? With sick eyes, how can you really trust that it is a woman in the mirror looking back at you? If what you see is a man with make-up wearing a dress then your eyes are the boss and that is sad because the eyes don’t have a brain and they don’t have a heart. Your eyes, ears, nose, and the mouth are all servants, but you have given them the job as boss. You have to control them with discipline and prevent them from convincing you that you are not a woman.

You will blend in and pass when you are no longer self conscious. When you know you look feminine, when you no longer think of yourself or see yourself as separate or different than any other woman. That is, when you are able to see yourself as others see you, with eyes that are not clouded with self doubt and fear.

You want so much to be perceived, accepted and respected as a woman. All this will be yours when you get rid of the ‘I-don’t-believe-it’ disease and begin to believe, to know.
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

Paige:
    When I dress it's when I feel I can best relate to the other part of me, Michelle. I find that a slightly more relaxed outlook comes along and that the two of us have discussions(of sorts) about the everyday things in life. I don't care what anyone would think I looked like, I dress to please the "two" of us.

nice

Well said. You have great insite into the world of crossdressing. I will try to take your advice to heart and mind the next time I dress. You are so right in that I see myself as I am in guy mode, not the woman I have become. I thank you...Lyn

Yes I have that disease. The cure is a bat a long side the head. To wake us up.

Thanks for the post.

Anna

I agree with what you say Paige, but i still find it hard to believe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Leavitt View Post
    The cure is a bat a long side the head. To wake us up.Anna
    Can i borrow your bat when you,ve finished with it Anna?

I don`t believe it

Dear Paige, lovely sentiments but my voice might give me away, or perhaps my heavy foundation or my masculine bone stucture. Not that I`m knocking the positive phsycological outlook that encourages confidence. Even a masculine looking female is rarley percieved as a CD. I would dearly love to find that defining, almost imperceptible difference that defines a GG from me and impersonate it.

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    I agree with what you say Paige, but i still find it hard to believe!!
    I think that when you believe it within yourself, the world outside of yourself will also believe it without question. And when you get to that point it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks anyway. I guess it isn't an easy thing to rise above though because we all tend to focus on the negative thoughts we have of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Anderson View Post
    Dear Paige, lovely sentiments but my voice might give me away, or perhaps my heavy foundation or my masculine bone stucture. Not that I`m knocking the positive phsycological outlook that encourages confidence. Even a masculine looking female is rarley percieved as a CD. I would dearly love to find that defining, almost imperceptible difference that defines a GG from me and impersonate it.
    What you say is true. Voice, bone structure, gait, skin tone, all those things may give it away. I don't deny that my post is a psychological encouragement post but perhaps the perception you are looking for, that imperceptible difference that defines a GG from you lies in your belief, in your head. She knows she is a woman and doesn't need confirmation, even is she is masculine looking. When you present yourself as a man you don't have to ask anyone if you really look like a guy or not do you? If you truly believed you looked, sounded and acted like a woman would it matter what anyone thought? Or do you believe that a rose by any other name is still a rose?
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 05-01-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: use edit or multi quote

monkey knife fighter anda_mouse's Avatar
    hmm some things to think about indeed.

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Paige, then there is reality, some of us will never pass. As for insecurities, even GG's have em. How many times have all of us heard them make comments about their own looks.

As for myself, i gave up on trying to pass. Even at my best i still manage to get the parade of employees at the fast food window. Do i let this hold me back? Absolutly not. While i may not pass i have no problem considering myself pretty. So that is what i focus on. Being the best i can with what ive got.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Quote Originally Posted by CharleneCD View Post
    Paige, then there is reality, some of us will never pass. As for insecurities, even GG's have em. How many times have all of us heard them make comments about their own looks.

As for myself, i gave up on trying to pass. Even at my best i still manage to get the parade of employees at the fast food window. Do i let this hold me back? Absolutly not. While i may not pass i have no problem considering myself pretty. So that is what i focus on. Being the best i can with what ive got.
    I know I have lots of them for sure. And they don't have to be about how we look. We may be insecure about giving a presentation to co-workers, or bungee jumping, talking to a child, or meeting your in-laws for the first time, or...how we look. Plenty of reality checks.

But I really like what you say because you illustrate the point I was trying to make. It doesn't matter whether you pass or not. It's about what you believe about yourself when you are dressed. You feel good about yourself and consider yourself pretty, regardless of the outside circumstances, so I think you are probably 'disease' free. Thank you Charlene. Just be yourself and radiate that confidence. To heck with the burger flippers.

Your sig line says it all.
    Last edited by Paige.; 05-01-2008 at 02:49 PM.

[SIZE=3]Excellent post Paige! Your thoughts are so true and so right on for so many of us.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I spent years lurking, sitting in my car too afraid to go in a store or mall, sitting in the women's room for hours waiting for the crowd to thin so I could sneak out. When I actually sat down and realized that I only had this life to live feminine I got busy and spent all available time learning and practicing. As my wife of 23 years said " I became Super CD!" I read, practiced everything I could and spent as much time out as possible. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]At some point it became evident to me that a huge majority of the GGs out there fear the exact same things we do, and they have the body and mind to actually support their femininity while we have to play "catchup" as fast as we can. Having lived in a man's world I knew first hand how cruel men could be and how cutting some of their remarks can be. Then I went to work in the beauty industry after going to beauty school (mostly to dress after graduation with some legitimacy and to reduce my income by 90%....)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I worked in drab until my skills were passable and then applied for and found a job dressed full time. It was during this inital period that I found out that women can be as rude and nasty as the worst male out there. (My pre-conceived notion that all women were perfect and on a pedestal fell over really hard!)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]It was at that point that I just said OK and went everywhere dressed, usually much nicer than any of the GGs around me. Today I feel that I fit in ( I still do my best to look much better than any of the women I work with or meet anywhere on the street) [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I have been rewarded with the typical female cutting remarks about my appearance (skinny bitch, why does she have to show her belly all the time?, why does she wear such high heels all the time, is she trying to attract a man?) You get the idea. but the point is, I have crossed a line that is very hard to find, I am now cut down just like any other woman!!! Its great, I just wear higher heels, lose more weight and perfect my makeup techniques. I now get all the bridal makeup packages because the word has gotten out and they seem to like having some crossdresser do their makeup. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]My point in all of this is that you have to accept a certain amount of negative to get better and then accept more negative from the female side. The rewards are so worth it to me, possibly not to many others. I meet CDs who come in to the salon where I work and start telling me why they can't do something: get their ears pierced, wax their brows, shave legs, once again you get the point. If you defeat yourself, everyone else will just jump on the bandwagon and add their two cents. We can sometimes be our very worst enemy.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]As for me, for those of you still reading this diatribe, I now work part-time at the Loreal cosmetics counter locally as well as in my salon. (I had walked up to the counter to get a new blush which I really liked and the VP of North America was with the SA. She immediately started talking with me and complimented me on my makeup. When she found that I was a licensed cosmetologist, she asked if I was looking for a job. I explained that I could only work 150 hours a week, she laughed and had me fill out paperwork. She is on my side and sends company execs to see me and talk) I meet everybody at the cosmetics counter, men looking for gifts, women who want to look better and need makeup advice, curiosity seekers just wanting to see the ballsy dude in high heelsthat they sometimes can't pinpoint. I fit in very well and love it. Anyone can do it if they start removing the negatives, practice femininity and love life. All of my pictures show me smiling, simply because I can't stop it....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Tami [/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post
    To heck with the burger flippers.

Actualy they were the best entertainment i had had that week. Months later and i still get a chuckle out of it.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    I am no more satisfied with my femme look than my wife is satisfied with her femme look.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Paige, you rule! For those of us that could pass, I think you are right that the last step to passing is in our heads. Now, I just hope it isn't pink fog telling me that I'm part of the "coulds" group.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Very Well written and excellent point made.
    "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.

I believe!...lordy how I do believe!.....hallelujah! - I am a woman!....well I want to believe....well I think I could believe....well I wish I could believe....well maybe someday.....well....never mind!

Thunderbirds without the strings. We can still see the strings. That's why.

Well put.
    This is one of the things that Was pointed out to me before I came out 24/7.
    Don't worry what others think, you're the one that counts.
    I feel pretty. If you feel pretty, you'll look pretty. (That big smile helps a lot too.)

I think Karren Hutton once said something about attitude. She was exactly right with that, attitude does make a difference.
    Go out, hold your head high, swing your hips a bit, (not too much), and walk proud. (Don't forget to smile.)
    A lot of people can't really tell the difference, (At least that's been my experience.), or really don't care. They're in their own world, thinking about they're own life... Why would they worry about yours? Do you worry about theirs?
    Soooo... Go on... Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is in her vest

Hi Paige, its been a while....

I'm not sure if the solution to the problem of how some of us view ourselves, is as simplistic as you have identified....

...yes there is an element of that self doubt in most of us, and yes there is that illusion of femininity which we create, and a photo can capture so perfectly some days!!, and of course there are people who perceive us from that photo as a woman, and yes some can walk like a woman and get away with it sometimes in public........but

...the flip side is simply, we aren't women.

I do agree with you, that with the right attitude, (and clothes) I've found it unusually easy to blend in....goodness not "that many" people notice I'm a guy when I am out dressed, even though I do see myself having many non femme attributes, my height being the most obvious!!!!......until I get close up, and hey, then anyone can work me out. I think that as I'm not on hormones and really working on total feminisation, then all the man things are so easily seen from close inspection!!! In saying that it doesn't overly worry me though, simply because thats who I am.

As for feeling uncomfortable with having the attention of men, I just feel thats because sexually I am not attracted to them?....The mere thought of it, to me, is just.....................skin crawling creepy!! I think gender issues and sexuality issues are not necessarily correlated, which possibly accounts for the high number of heterosexual CDs. Simply put, a lot of us are not dressing with an aim to attract guys, even if by chance we do. In fact I'm not really sure I could honestly put a reason to the "why I dress question", and thats an odd way to be.

I suppose my final thought on the subject is this obsession with "passing" thing?....the best I suppose to hope for is that I go out and not be some comedic parody of a woman....do I "pass"?....of course I do, but I pass as a CD.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Gold Member
    Quite the lecture there but encouraging.

Well, however true it all is, I say thanks for the vote of confidence

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Paige, u don't post enough!

We can all use your input , for too many reasons for me to list.

However, your argument is similar to believing in God. At an early age I decided it was better to believe than NOT believe. Because, even if there is no God, u will have a happier life if u believe! And never find out you're wrong!

So, I tried to make myself believe! But, Paige, that didn't work! I couldn't make myself believe, just because I wanted to!

And believing they can pass in public, may be EXACTLY the same problem for many CDs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What you say is true. Voice, bone structure, gait, skin tone, all those things may give it away.
    Why obssess so about trying to 'fool' people? Try just being yourself - something which is perhaps between the two absolutes?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    All that stuff Paige said
    Now that's support!

Food for thought, no doubt. But like Julie said, some of us can still see the strings. And one of the prerequisites to going out is really wanting or needing to go out in the first place. I think that need varies from girl to girl. Someplace to go is also a nice thing to have. I mean, sure, there's always a mall or a gas station, I guess. But that's still a really great post. This is, after all, supposed to be a support forum, right? There's a lot of truth in what you say.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    You pretty much hit my nail on the head, minus this part.
    You find it weird and sometimes uncomfortable when you attract men, and that is because you have the ‘I-don’t-believe-it’ disease. It is a self directed disease that makes its home in the eyes. If your eyes are sick then how can you trust them? With sick eyes, how can you really trust that it is a woman in the mirror looking back at you? If what you see is a man with make-up wearing a dress then your eyes are the boss and that is sad because the eyes don’t have a brain and they don’t have a heart. Your eyes, ears, nose, and the mouth are all servants, but you have given them the job as boss. You have to control them with discipline and prevent them from convincing you that you are not a woman.
    My biggest fear right now though is matching my clothes, but I'm that way even with drab gear. If I don't match everything or if my hair looks crap I do not want to be seen. I'm just really self-conscious in general.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

great post well said too . i think one's comfort level also applies . i am just happy to be me some days good some bad but i am happy just being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]