Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Crossdressing Day

World Crossdressing Day

Is here such a day? If not we should make one. I vote for in the fall sometime so that shaved legs and boots can easily fit into it

Then we can all celebrate, and have another reason for it A day for all of us

Smile Good idea

[SIZE="4"]
    Don't know if there is a crossdressing day but it's a good idea.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Agreed!!!

But can we make it a crossdressing week?
    That way we would get to do everything we do during the week while dressed!!
    There,s only so much you can do in a day, so i feel more time would be needed!!

yes

it's called halloween

Maddie beat me to the answer, Halloween, but that should be "Global Crossdressing Coming Out Day." It is our chance to test the waters and go most anywhere en femme. Aftergoing out on Halloween we need fewer excuses to go out and find more opportunities to do it.

I am trying to come up with another rational for a second "Day of Crossdressing" to be celebrated on April 1.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

You said it Maddie and TrannieT. I'm already looking forward to halloween this year as a good first time to ever go out dressed in public and let people see me. Ok, I'm a slow walker but I'll get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie View Post
    it's called halloween
    I know from experience how taboo it is on forums to disagree but I disagree. Halloween is just another "coward's day" for excuse. If you are not up to doing it any other day of the year, you have defeated your purpose in doing it. The purpose is to make a bold and public statement. Not hide behind some phony holiday and call that a "coming out" day.

Have some intestinal fortitude, girls, and select a day that has no other significance of the year. Make your statement both proudly and publically.

Personally, I think we ought to do it every day. But I'm just crass enough to do it despite what others think of me when I am 24/7 in femme dress. I do it at home, when shopping, etc. Even to the point of using women's restrooms when in public. But I've always been radical in my personal life.

How about March 1st each year?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Llyan View Post
    I How about March 1st each year?
    I was thinking of April Fools Day, I'm trying to concoct a story of how the early Christians once called it "Fool the Devil Day" and would dress in clothing of the opposite sex in an effort to fool the devil. I would appreciate any advice or assistance.

Silver Member
    I like the idea of this but how could we make it happen? This reminds me of a comic strip that I remember reading many years ago. I don't remember the name of the comic strip but it was based on a "hillbilly" type of lifestyle. In this comic strip they celebrated something called Sadie Hawkins Day Where everyone wore clothes of the oposite sex. I think I was very young at the time and thought how cool that would be if it were real. This left such an impression on me that I can recall what the name of the day was called but not the name of the strip. Does anyone else remember this?

Sadie Hawkins Day was a day when the wimmen folk could make the men folk git hitched up with 'em. The men folk would head out to the hills to hide from them ugly wimmen. The comic was 'Lil Abner by Al Capp. I don't recall any crossdressing in that comic though.

Comic Strip

Either I'm getting VERY oldor maybe I just have a good memory.

The comic Strip im question was Lil' Abner which featured many classic wonderful characters from "Fearless Fostick" to "Jubalation T. Cornpone. It lasted for years, was even made into a movie in the.......1950s I believe.

Speaking of deceased comic strips,Any one here old enough to remember Pogo?

And now back to the thread which is already in progress.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Unrelated to the thread, but mentioned in it...

"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Walt Kelly's Pogo the Possum. I remember several of the characters, but not their names. I most remember their little boats, which usually had different names on each side of the boat.

L'il Abner's favorite comic strip was "Fearless Fosdick," a takeoff on "Dick Tracy." I was too young to appreciate some of the political vitriol in the L'il Abner strip (The "Jack Acid Society," Senator Phogbound, Cap'n Eddie Ricketyback, no doubt plenty of others). Sadie Hawkins Day is probably the only enduring thing, and apparently few know from whence it came. I guess it is faintly possible the "whammy bar" on electric guitars could be named after Mammy Yokum's whammy.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Aussie CD Day (???)

"Cross Dress for Red Cross 2008 will take place on Friday 5 September - put it in your diary now!"

A nice thought! Courtesy of Australian Red Cross:

http://www.redcross.org.au/crossdress/

Now the real trick is to get businesses onside! (dammit - where are the MEDIA when you need them! There needs to be PUBLICITY beforehand!!!) Although this event has been held before, I think the uptake is a wee bit LIMITED (a couple of hundred people in a remote area or something).

If only this could become a "socially acceptable" thing to do (even if it was just a light-hearted laugh), Australia might finally have the equivalent of Halloween.

Red Cross are sitting on a goldmine here - if - ***IF*** they would get off of their a**** and get mainstream corporations involved. It's going to be a rather quiet day if nobody knows about it! If Red Cross could get a few CEO's to promote this as an event within their own companies - "the sky's the limit".

Perhaps.... Just maybe.... One Day.... ??
    Last edited by Dave3; 05-02-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo

There is such a day. See http://www.comingout.nu/

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave3 View Post
    "Cross Dress for Red Cross 2008 will take place on Friday 5 September - put it in your diary now!"
    Now there's a bloody good idea! Get dressed and make money for charity. Why doesn't the Red Cross make this an International day???

I also somewhat agree with Roberta that there should be a day which is just for CD's, with no other reason than to declare to the world that we are proud to be crossdressers! But, I'm a chicken and I'd only do it if there were a sufficient number of others participating. Stupid, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    Now there's a bloody good idea! Get dressed and make money for charity. Why doesn't the Red Cross make this an International day???

I also somewhat agree with Roberta that there should be a day which is just for CD's, with no other reason than to declare to the world that we are proud to be crossdressers! But, I'm a chicken and I'd only do it if there were a sufficient number of others participating. Stupid, isn't it?
    I look at it this way: It has to begin! And in a "beginning" there has to be "some-one" who will "begin" it. Not "some-two" or "some-three" but "some-ONE!" Others then join that "some-ONE" and that makes it a "movement," as Arlo Guthrie says in the song Alice's Restaraunt. BUT some-ONE has to take the first step.

And it is up to YOU and me to make that first step happen. It will never happen as long as people are afraid to step out and take that first step. All it will amount to is TALK. And talk is cheap when you are sitting in the security of your home and on the internet.

CDers have to COME OUT and make it happen for it to HAPPEN!

It is as clear as that. There is NO OTHER WAY to make it happen but DO IT!

I am a person who has demonstrated for many things and that IS THE ONLY WAY! You have to get off your anatomy and make it happen.

I'm all for the idea and I don't care what date is chosen. It does not have to be the day I designated. But it does have to be the WAY I suggested. WE HAVE TO COME OUT and BE OPEN!

(No, I'm not upset or angry or mad at any of you!)

Hey, as long as we're being asked to march in the Summer....

March and April are still too cold and wet!

Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

crossdress day?

would any of your girlz please send us a day like this to South Africa?
    lol
    maybe they will make it a public holiday

p.s i agree with Debhora MAKE IT A WEEK LONG
    Adelle

hell let's just make a crossdressing month
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Sadie Hawkins Day was a day when the wimmen folk could make the men folk git hitched up with 'em. The men folk would head out to the hills to hide from them ugly wimmen. The comic was 'Lil Abner by Al Capp. I don't recall any crossdressing in that comic though.
    I guess I could be wrong here but that is the way I remember it. But then at my age my memory isn't so good. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by _Cecilie_ View Post
    Is here such a day? If not we should make one. I vote for in the fall sometime so that shaved legs and boots can easily fit into it

Then we can all celebrate, and have another reason for it A day for all of us
    hi everyone i love the idear of having a crossdress day.
    to anserw some of these idear we need to look at what other groups are doing.
    like gay pride they have gay pride day and have parade were gay man,women ,ts,tg and crossdress can march in i'm not to sure of the date but there is a parade evey year in boston ma .

my idear is if we start our own club "crossdress united" then we could have a day or week or even a mouth if we wanted it would be up to us.

to me we should make the day the start date of the club tell me what you thing

Aspiring Member
    Great idea, but I'm a chicken, too.

Somehow I almost forgot this thread after posting it.

If we'd get a day first, then we'll make it a week long festival later We can have festivities in different major cities around the US (and the world) each year at this time. And even though we can't make it, or doesn't dare to go out (myself included), we can mark crossdressing as something that exist by having this day.

I know I might "invent the wheel" again here, but I haven't found crossdressers.com to have a day to celebrate themselves. Just like in the car enthusiast environment where bimmerfest.com gathers the largest BMW meet in the US every year, and now BMW has used clips from that in their commercials.

Let's just say first saturday (shouldn't it be a saturday instead of a solid date?) of March. And then we'll find a city, Atlantic City for instance. I've never been there, but isn't it a party/gambling sort of city? I' just saying something to start of.

So then we say we have a meet in Atlantic City, March 7, 2009 We'll all stay at "whatever" hotel and have dinner at "wherever restaurant". Probably lots of fun! I'm getting excited already

Cecilie,
    [SIZE="3"]IN[/SIZE]

Huntress

Crossdress Day

Now there is an idea. Fortunatly there is a day for that, unfortunatly, (if you want to say that) it happens during Gay Pride Parades. But I like the idea non the less, and I'd be infavour of a whole week.
    And no. Disagreeing with someones posts in here isn't a sin as far as I'm concerned. That's what generates disscussion in here.
    Just my
    Daphne