Thread: Breast forms, to attach (glue) or not!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Breast forms, to attach (glue) or not!

[SIZE=3]I am starting this post simply as a place for everyone with breast form experience to post their findings, in an effort to help others not make the same mistakes we have made in the past.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Breast forms come in every size and material imaginable but this post is limited to the silicone forms that may be attached via some form of adhesive.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I wear my forms daily to work, they are asymetrical and fairly large but that isn't the point. I glue them on daily and have found what works for me might work for others and I wanted to share those experiences. The picture I attached with this post is of me wearing a halter top with medium sized forms, obviously no bra. (see how I always manage to work a picture of me into everyone of the posts I can...)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]For years I used Hollister 7730 medical grade silicone adhesive, a 3.2 ounce can usually lasts me 3 weeks of daily use. Then someone on this forum talked about 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive, a product found in every large home store, at Wal-Mart, virtually everywhere and the can is 16.75 ounces. I sneered at the mere suggestion that some over the counter spray on glue would do what I wanted it to do.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]One other fact that you need to know before I go on, I use Goo Gone to remove my forms daily, no skin irritation, no degradation of the forms, no problems whatsoever after over three years of hard use. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Back to adhesives. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-Hollister 7730 is about $25 to $40 per can depending where you buy it. I usually buy it on eBay and pay about $20 per can with shipping. I generally get 23-25 applications per can. Application time is withing 5 minutes of spraying the adhesive on the forms, after letting them "kick off" a bit so they don't slide. If you wait too long another application of adhesive is needed to revive the first coat.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-3M Super 77 is about $10 per can for the aforementioned 16.75 ounce can. 3M Super 77 lasts around 140 applications for me. Applications time (and I am still experimenting) is within 10 seconds to 15 minutes spraying only the breast forms, which is the same for both products. The adhsesive is just as aggressive as the Hollister and actually seems to hold better, tighter to my skin. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Both clean up easily with Goo Gone. My procedure to remove breast forms after wearing them.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-I place a few sheets of paper towels on the edge of the kitchen sink, I lean over until my chest immediately below the breast forms is against the papertowls holding them in place. I spray Goo Gone onto my chest above the breast forms and let it trickle into the glue. I help it along a bit by spraying and gently prying up an edge of the form to allow the Goo Gone to seep into the glued area. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Once the glue starts to break down, I let gravity drop the forms onto the paper towels while spraying Goo Gone on the freshly exposed glue line. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Never try to pull them off too fast, you will regret the tears and abrasions on your skin for weeks to come. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Once the forms are lying on the paper towels, I take a brush of some sort and spray a bit more Goo Gone onto the freshly exposed surface of the breast form and scrub gently to emulsify the remnants of glue. Then I add Dawn or whatever liquid dish detergent to the flat surface of the form and rub it with my hands until all the Goo Gone is emulsified and has broken down. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Then rinse in warm water and take them into the shower and wash with hair shampoo to get the remains of any chemicals off them. Lay nipple down and let the form dry. I pat them dry with a towel and let them sit, until the next time I wear them. If they are not going to be worn for more than a couple of days I put them back in their shaped box for storage and safety.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]None of my forms shows any degradtion of the outer layer at all, in fact they look as good as the day I received them.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Self adhesive breast forms. I have two pair that I have worn many times. Both pair suffer from slippage if I don't wear a bra, and I rarely do. When I get warm and start to "glisten" (remember women don't sweat, they "glisten") the forms will sometimes start a gentle slide down, pretty noticable. that is just my experience, some people wear them with no problems whatsoever.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Other adhesives: CharleneT just suggested a product named Stick it available from a medical supply sales company. I have no experience with this product and cannot comment other than to say the expense is greater than the 3m but less than the Hollister. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]OK, thats my $4 worth, anyone else that has more experiences please post so that we all can see what works for others.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Your wordy sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Tami[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/