Thread: Birthday - Sound Familiar?

Smile Birthday - Sound Familiar?

Hi Girls,

Tomorrow is my birthday and I have been asked "What do you want for your birthday?" I reply, "oh anything, shirt, bottle of wine, anything", but I'm thinking, "dress, undies, manicure, surprise me!" but, I know that is not going to happen. This year, I came close to saying what I really want, but did not want to start another major downer for the both of us.

Love,

Maryanne

Banned Read only
    lol!

I know exactly what you mean!

A makeover day would be nice.

I know exactly what you mean.

A year ago I sat in the car dealership buying me a new car and all I could think about was wanting to have my ears pierced.

and now you regret not having your ears pierced and getting earrings to match your new car. Hugs, Amber

Silver Member
    [QUOTE=Maryanne_sa;1281505]Hi Girls,

This year, I came close to saying what I really want, but did not want to start another major downer for the both of us.

I assume you are referring to your wife or SO here. If she is not supportive of the cd'ing I can see how saying the wrong thing could cause problems. When she asks what you want tell her to treat the both of you to a meal or movie where the two of you can do something together.

If you're talking about your wife or SO, face it, she wants to buy a present for the man in her life. Would it hurt you to be that man for a day?
    Buy your femme self a present another day.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I joked about that with my girlfriend and she told me "if i bought you that i would end up keeping it" =( lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

girl next door
    Well, I hope you had a nice birthday, Maryanne.

I actually "celebrate" Tammi's birthday as the day I joined here- about a week and a half after my "real" birthday.

xoxo

Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi View Post
    I actually "celebrate" Tammi's birthday as the day I joined here- about a week and a half after my "real" birthday.
    I think there are meaningful dates for many of us that we consider "rebirth" dates. I've also started recording Kimberly's birthday based on a TG event as well (in my case the first day I stepped out in public fully dressed, which was at Diva Las Vegas this year.)

Back to the original thread topic, and the whole concept of feminine gifts. If asking for something femme isn't likely to sit well, you might want to start with something for both of you to ease into the idea. Ask for a trip to the spa for both of you, something you can enjoy together like a couple's mani/pedi. My SO was sweet and perceptive enough to do this for me when Kimberly started to emerge and it was a great experience.

Its not just a birthday's when this thought can happen, it seems to be even harder at christmas time with all the nice stuff in shops.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

Yeah I relate to this. What i find hard too now is buying presents for my fiance (who knows I dress) because now I know that if I buy her a dress or lingerie or something she thinks it is because I like it and not because I think she will like it or that it would look good on her...

Happy bday Maryanne
    Adelle

Just one of the girls Rachel_CDS's Avatar
    My wife knows all about my crossdressing & is quite supportive. However, when she asks me what I would like for my birthday she already knows that I would prefer something feminine like a skirt or lingerie. Of course I usually don't get exactly what I want, usually mainly guy stuff but with a few small feminine presents thrown in like a pair of knickers or some makeup!
    Part of the reason is that if friends or family ask what I got I can't saw that I got a lovely skirt or some gorgeous lingerie, can I?
    She does get me other little presents at other times of the year though to make up for it!
    She really is a special lady

I quit dropping hints to my wife about what I really would like for my birthday, etc., and just tell her I don't really need anything. No need to set myself up for disappointment. But she comes through occasionally.
    DonnaT

Last Christmas I bought gifts for both him and her. It was the first time I had given him a guy gift since we started exchanging them. The sweater did not suit him and it sat around for quite a while before he exchanged it. And then he got his sister a gift card with the exchange. So I do not think I will get "him" any more gifts. Judging by his reaction, which is reinforced by the posts here, I do not think he valued it as much.

But, it is OK and I understand. All the other gifts he has received from family were for "him", and "she" has been ignored all these years. So I am glad to be the one to buy gifts for her. It is much more fun shopping for her anyway! She had a birthday on Sunday and I only got her femme things. I think that she was pleased with the gifts.
    Reine

Like my wife asked me a about a dress in a catalog....do you like this dress? Yup! But I knew she meant for herself....
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    She had a birthday on Sunday and I only got her femme things. I think that she was pleased with the gifts.
    Way to go ReineD. I am sure that she is really happy that you consider her a part of your family.

I think we all go through this. My solution is to buy my own presents (usually lingerie) for my birthday, Valentines, Mothers Day, Christmas, and any other day that strikes me.

Banned Read only
    Oh you are sooo special! A real gem!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Last Christmas I bought gifts for both him and her. It was the first time I had given him a guy gift since we started exchanging them. The sweater did not suit him and it sat around for quite a while before he exchanged it. And then he got his sister a gift card with the exchange. So I do not think I will get "him" any more gifts. Judging by his reaction, which is reinforced by the posts here, I do not think he valued it as much.

But, it is OK and I understand. All the other gifts he has received from family were for "him", and "she" has been ignored all these years. So I am glad to be the one to buy gifts for her. It is much more fun shopping for her anyway! She had a birthday on Sunday and I only got her femme things. I think that she was pleased with the gifts.

Silver Member
    Happy Birthday Maryanne!!! Since it is your special day, and you wish you would get femme gifts, just buy yourself something very feminine! It won't be a surprise to you, but when you wear it maybe your gift will surprise someone else.

Enjoy life, Chari

Well At least I can wish you a Happy Birthday Maryann
    Angie