Thread: Stopping, then starting again!

Banned Read only

Stopping, then starting again!

If you, like me, have managed to stop dressing for months, maybe a year or more, but slipped back into your old ways again and started dressing, do you know what triggered you to start again?

Damned if I know why in my case.

I've been there stopped for almost a year. I remember it well, was at a star bucks drinking a cup of coffee. Looked at all the pretty ladies dressed in skirts and heels......Hooked again!

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I've stopped for years at a time. Sometimes because I suppressed it and sometimes because I just lost interest. I don't know why it comes back and I don't really care anymore. I just say "The devil makes me do it" and have fun with it.

I used to feel a little guilty about my feelings years ago - but never enough to stop. Now I pretty cool about he whole thing and love it.

I think life takes over for times, also for personal reasons we suppress it, but each time it comes back it seems to come back stronger!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I have stopped 3 times now . And gone through complete purges. The longest beinging almost a year. However each time was a real battle trying to stay away from dressing. Everytime I would go shopping with the wife and see all the pretty clothes the desire to dress would be tugging at me. After awhile I would just give in and start over. I think now I've finally convinced myself I'll never stop.

I have purged - probably most of us have. But then I always started again. The trigger is always stress-related. Marriage problems, job problems.

When I was younger I want some time without dressing for some time before and the time I was going with my wife I didn't dress. After we got married I started again. I never stoped never wanted to jusy didn't dress for some time. now the only thing that will stop me is ''REALLY REALLY OLD AGE''
    Angie

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Stop? But why?

I enjoy it too much to stop... and I'm am too cheap to purge...

I don't ever see myself taking a break....it just doesn't seem possible. It is a passion for me. One I'm not ashamed to admit that I am hopelessly addicted to. (I could always be doing something FAR worse)

Stop? No frackin' way!
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me personally it is an addictive fetish. Some may have noticed I never post thoughts about "why do I do this?" or analyze myself here. I do not need to... I pretty much understand myself and why I do this already. The urge returns when I am bored or stressed and goes away when something more rewarding is filling my time. It is a way of avoiding real-life problems, in other words.

I am also well aware that while this is not an ideal way of coping with life, denial is even worse. So I continue to indulge myself and dress occasionally and strive for a better balance.

Lately I feel that too much of my time has been going into dressing and not enough time trying to find rewarding things to do in the real world (for example meeting real women). The only real problem in my life right now is that I am holding myself back in this way. It is pure habit, in other words, and that needs changing. So I pitched a bunch of stuff that I never wear anyway and squeezed what is left into a drawer where I can ignore it and not be tempted to dress - I hope!!

Perhaps I will throw it all away at some future point, perhaps not. I know the perils of purging and the perils of not purging and will navigate between them, somehow or other. I have no plans to disappear from this site, as I find much here that is rewarding. But the ultimate goal is definitely to STOP.

You may take a break or even thing your done with it but it's always there you may not know it but it is and you will start again so why fight it just go with it and you will be happier hun
    Angie

I think we all have a tendency to go in cycles at one time or another. I am no exception. Don't really know what triggers me to restart, but I enjoy it when it does. As a matter of fact, I am in a down time right now, since I haven't dressed in 2 months. I still like to keep up with everyone on this forum, though.

I think for me when I was younger I would dress and then feel guilty or feel there had to be something wrong with me , as I got alittle older it bothered me less and then with the help of the internet I found that I wasnt some kind of freak . And then I found this site and started to read how alot of other people felt the same as I had felt and that gave the confidence to enjoy myself and to be who I want to be. Just myself !! Tomara

Took abreak for a few years then one day I wondered what I would look like in one of my wife's outfits. Then I haven't looked back since.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    You may take a break or even thing your done with it but it's always there you may not know it but it is and you will start again so why fight it just go with it and you will be happier hun
    Why fight it? Because it takes my time and energy and goes nowhere. I do not see it as a bad thing in itself, but neither is it a good one, just a time sink. I could get more from life by not dressing.

One more time tho... I am just speaking for myself.

On those gender tests I regularly rate 90+ percent male and I know well that cross-dressing is just an addictive thrill for me and that is why the urge returns. I am sure some other CDers are like me and deny it, and so I post my view just in case it helps some others like me see themselves in perspective. One of those might be the original poster here, who knows?

I am also sure some other CDers have different motivations and patterns of behavior... and I am not speaking for them or saying anything about them, just me and whoever might be like me.

And the subject was on my mind yesterday so I might have said more than I needed to

I'm just coming out of a phase where I didn't dress too much for the first few months this year. I think for me it was just life getting in the way and not giving me many opportunities to be alone. In my case, what triggered me getting back into it was a business trip I'm taking in a few weeks. I volunteered to go just so that I could have time to myself at night to enjoy myself.

The economics o quitting got to me. I woud quit ever couple of years. One year I realized that I'd thrown away more that $200 worth of stuff. I was married then, and it was a chore hiding the money and gettig the clothes. So the last time I quit, I savd the clothes, and sure enough, 6 months later I was glad I'd saved it. Now I go through phases of dressing and not, but mostly dressing and buying new things for a treat.

Gold Member
    It's my life story lately

[SIZE=4]I used to stop for long periods, sometimes as long as a week. Then I realized what a fool I was and re-started every day. Seems right for me...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I recently went 8 months without dressing (except for nightgowns at bedtime - when I was alone). This was the period when I started dating a new girlfriend. She just found out about my CDing (found some websites on my PC) about 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten to the point of dressing in front of her yet, but I've been splurging, and dressing when she's not around. I'm sitting here now in a new white ruffled sun dress and new sling back sandles. Feels good, and I don't look too shabby, either!

Stopping, then starting again!

I purged once after feeling guilty in church. As soon as I went back to church the next sunday and saw the ladies all dressed up in their best, I started up again. I feel that God wants me to be happy, as long as I'm not hurting myself or others. I found out it's not the clothes, but the hart that matures.

Silver Member
    The only time that I have ever stopped dressing was years ago when I joined the military. The four years that I was enlisted were very depressing and frustrating. Since that time in my life I have never stopped dressing for more than a week at a time. Now that I am older and my living arrangement suits me I dress every day and have no intentions of ever trying to quit. I have come to realize that this is a part of me that will never go away and I am comfortable with who I am.