• I do not know

2 2.38%
  • I would be scared to go out with heels

2 2.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long legs and Gok Wan

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Long legs and Gok Wan

The genius presenter of girls is back on British TV Channel Four, according to the write up for his next weeks presentation, he has a prob customer with long legs. He considers, as I do that legs should be shown and that tall girls should wear heels.....
    Do you agree enough to conform to that theory ? Note that the poll is a single choice issue.
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 04-08-2008 at 04:17 PM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

What do you mean by "should"? Is there some kind of unspoken standard here?
    I have my own view on heels, which is that they are uncomfortable and bad for your feet, knees and hips. So if you asked me, I would say "should not". But that's my reason.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I don,t know about should..
    But if a girl with long legs wears heels it always make her legs seem shapelier and give you/me the impression they go on forever!!

I voted yes -- the word should not-withstanding. My yes is based on tall girls should not be afraid to wear heels just because they're tall. Afterall, where would we draw the line these days? At 5-foot-10 or 6-foot-1? In other words, if a girl feels like wearing heels, then height should not be a factor.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I've always understood that wearing high heels is mostly about making the foot appear smaller and the legs longer, and not so much about height.

At 6' 2" (that's 6' 6" in my 4" heels) I love wearing heels and would not deny myself the pleasure either at home or out and about. It does cause second and third looks on the rare occasion I'm out, but what can a girl do?

Dee

I think tall girls should wear heels XD

Should ?

Simply put, should "us girls" with long legs will display ourselves to advantage if we wear heels. Does it make us too obvious ? Flatties or low heels are not suited to show off legs to the advantage of the long legged low heel wearer.
    Should tall girls wear heels ? Yes ? No ?
    Could : Of course.
    Would : That is up to the leg owner.
    Or do you mean I should say "is it adviseable for tall "girls like me" to wear heels ? If that is the thought, then what does "adviseable" mean to you ?
    ~S~

If you're going to do it, do it with confidence

I think high heels look great on any gal. Why should a tall gal penalized for her genes. Check this out and tell me what you think, this is a GG at 6'4" and she's a knockout in heels.

Alexis Skye

Now having said that, I'm 6'4" love heals, but unless it's a special event, I'll be wearing low heels or ballerina flats if I ever do go out.
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Yeah right.
    Jodie Wexler looks rubbish? She's about two stories high!!
    If only she were shorter and wore flats?

It's all about confidence.

A woman looking stunning entering the room is one thing. A woman looking stunning and being 6.5 entering the room and knowing she is stunning is something else.

The only problem is if you are 6.5 look like a guy and speak like Darth Vadar.

Oh yes, I have seen many girls down here in Florida that are very tall and wear heels.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    I've told you - I'm only 6'3"..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I think women should wear heels ALL the time regardless of how tall they are.. there is some stupid rule that women seem to have some standard they live by which I think goes something like if you are five foot ten inches tall then you can't wear a heel that makes you six foot tall or taller because you will be taller than the average 'gal'.. what a gigantic load.. for me.. I'm about six foot tall and I wear heels of any height because I am... drum roll please... a CROSSDRESSER.. that's right.. I ignore those stupid rules women have.. same as wearing white after whenever or before whenever.. the fact that you can't find white shoes after labor day.. oh well that must be another odd assed rule...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Wink Wow

I am absolutely STUNNED!

A poll of guys who absolutely ADORE high heels shows that...

GUYS WHO ADORE HIGH HEELS THINK HEELS SHOULD BE WORN!!!

I never would have expected this!!!

Banned Read only
    I don't even know how to walk in flats.
    Jodie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Girls, yes. CDs, maybe not!

I dated two ladies over 6' , and I'm 5'10". They looked fabulous in high heels! And I encouraged them to wear them. They were obviously GGs tho!

Quote Originally Posted by jodie wexler View Post
    I don't even know how to walk in flats.
    Jodie
    Good for u Jodie. I don't OWN anything with less than 4" heels!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I just love long leg with heel.
    Angie

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I wear heels and tower close to 7ft and I get quick looks and a woman complemented me about my height and wearing heels, she loved it.

Heels are part of the attire. They make the girl. I enjoy wearing mine.
    I will follow my heart

I answered "YES", though I should also add "depends"...

I am not very tall in drab, but at 5'9" in my stockings, pretty tall enfemme. But I still go for a fair sized heel that takes me to 6' or an inch above.

Well, there ARE GGs that are as tall, and even taller, and they are absolutely gorgeous, and invite a second look, even a third. So thats where the question arises. When dressed, is your objective to have fun, or blend in, or pass or even shock? IF your objective is to pass, then you should avoid the second look, atleast the third, coz the closer someone inspects you, the more chances of being read. If you would still pass, or if your GG SO or friends you are with, play basketball, then there is NO QUESTION, you could wear heels, and get away.

As others have said above, there are many pluses to wearing heels. Here is one more, IF you have a high arch in your foot, (club feet), high heels REDUCE the stress and hence the pain on your foot and back. My doctor ordered custom built shoes when I was in school looked suspiciously like girl's shoes (some of us are blessed ). If your feet are normal, then high heels are torture machines.

Another plus, since most of us are bigger framed than the average GG (broader shoulders, bigger bone structure, that stupid beer belly ) heels help to balance out the proportions and within limits, tend to de-emphasize the broad shoulder.

Wear heels if you wish, have fun anyway. If it is important, take extra care to pass when wearing heels, since you will invite that second glance.

Good luck.

Shalini

I think people should wear any kind of shoe they like.

I wear heels most of the time. The heels that I wear most of the time are not really high--I think the highest pair are about 4" while most are about 2" or so.

If I'm really going to WALK, like 1/2 mile to the post office, or hiking in the mountains, I will wear athletic shoes. What you can't see is that inside them are prescription orthotics. I don't mess around!

I am 5'11" in stocking feet and dress femme 24/7. I have seen much taller women in heels, and it's no big deal.

Rikki

ps. By the way, who (or what) is Gok Wan? Didn't I have that for lunch once? ;-)
    Last edited by RikkiOfLA; 04-12-2008 at 03:32 AM.

Remember, this crowd wants to wear heels no matter what! Let's face it, flats and low heels are boring. I see tall women every day that wear heels anyway. One in particular said that she was tall anyway, so why not? She couldn't do anything about it anyway, so why not just go with it? I agree with her.

Gee, I'm 6'2"....should I wear heels???? Hey, flats aren't going to make you short. So let's haul 'em on out and slip 'em on!

Actually, I'm 5'9". Wearing even a 3" heel puts me at 6'. Most women aren't that tall, so wearing heels is going to make me a tall girl already. That's life, I guess. I'm not wearing flats. No way.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    Now having said that, I'm 6'4" love heals, but unless it's a special event, I'll be wearing low heels *or ballerina flats if I ever do go out.**
    Tracy... never mind the event, you will not and you most certainly will..

~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Tall

Hey, I'm 6'5" in flats, in heels I can touch a piece of heaven
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg b.jpg (35.4 KB, 174 views)

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar

I didn't think my voice sounded that deep--. Me being 6'5", others can decide if I look like a guy. The one thing I want to know is.......Julie, how did you tap into my webcam ?

[SIZE="1"]whispering to self......I knew that thing was a bad idea[/SIZE]

Seriously though, I feel that you should wear what you want, even if you're 6'9"+ in heels. Having the confidence to do so, is another matter.

Always

I am 6'4 and somewhat muscular. I wouldn't even consider wearing anything but a 5 inch stiletto. I love it and am proud!