Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves about other CD's

Banned Read only

Pet Peeves about other CD's

At the risk of being provocative, flamed, and potentially burned at the stake, I want to know what pet peeves you have about other CD's?

My pet peeve is those who surreptitiously declare that they "wear panties 24/7". I have no problem with the fact that they do, but does anyone really care?

No names please, just pet peeves...

Pet Peeve

So please tell me why so many of us feel the need to establish the "I'm straight" disclaimer. Otherwise, I guess someone might think we were.....heaven forbid.....DIFFERENT!

Yikes!

It's a TMI (too much information) situation. Who cares. We all are CDers all or part time.

Tara

Probably one of the biggest for me is the "Do I pass?" question. Unless you are a 24/7 TS or TG even, why should this matter so much? So very, very few CD's can successfully pass anyway, and most of them will STILL be read by someone while they are out and about. It only serves to be a very loaded question on the forum for other members to honestly answer as well. How do I look...is one thing...do I pass is totally another. My personal feeling on this is for the vast majority of CD's to just enjoy expressing your femininity...whether you be out or in the closet...and quit obsessing about trying to "measure" up to looking like a GG...which you aren't...and never will be.

Just my .
    Last edited by ChristineRenee; 05-06-2008 at 03:01 PM.

lol..the panties thing...alternative lifestyle activist ...starting a new thread when the same thread is started 5 posts down the line...buying cheap wigs/clothing then asking "do you think i pass?...failure to dress for your age...like how many mid 40's/30's ladies do you see out and about in mini skirts and green hair....constant talk about sex with SO...i could go on but you should get the idea

In some ways I can understand it, and in other ways it doesn't make any sense. There seems to a lot of it lately. What is it with folks who are CD'ers and wannabe gurls who post pictures with masks on, or from the neck down, or with your back turned to us, or with spots over your face?
    Do you wear a skirt to Panera and have lunch with a mask on?
    Last edited by Wendrme; 05-06-2008 at 02:36 PM.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Pet Peeves?

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    At the risk of being provocative, flamed, and potentially burned at the stake, I want to know what pet peeves you have about other CD's?

My pet peeve is those who surreptitiously declare that they "wear panties 24/7". I have no problem with the fact that they do, but does anyone really care?

Not trying to burn anyone on the stake, but if I had a pet peeve it would be with people who write this kind of stuff.

If someone declares they wear panties 24/7, who cares, and why question what they do? Life is too short to worry about what "peeves" one may have with other CD's, or the world in general. Worry about those things in your life that you can materially affect, and let the others slide right on by. You, and your family and friends, will be happier.

BTW, I do wear 24/7!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendrme View Post
    In some ways I can understand it, and in other ways it doesn't make any sense. There seems to a lot of it lately. What is it with folks who are CD'ers and wannabe gurls who post pictures with masks on, or from the next down, or with your back turned to us, or with spots over your face?
    you nailed it...they are not comfortable with who they are as a person...soon as they accept it and relax the "passing" will have grown 10 fold..you cannot be a lady if you are constantly tense and walk like a 300 pound gorilla....advice i received from my SO many many years ago

We have a sort of a relationship going on between us here. Sometimes (actually most times) in a relationship it is not the best thing to do to come out with all the things that irritate us about the other person(s) in the relationship.
    Some of the things written here I have no time for, but I would rather concentrate on our points in common and try to foster an environment where we feel we are accepted, not criticised.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    CDs who show up at a function in the same outfit I'm wearing !!!

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

My biggest pet peeve holds true in many parts of life: those who believe that their decisions are the only correct ones, that everyone should choose to live as they do. I've been asked on more than one occasion if I am planning to transition or if I am "just" a crossdresser. The disdain for another way of being really gets to me.

... That said, I do see some behaviors that don't exactly bother me but that I don't fully understand. Here I am treading dangerously close to the line I drew above but: why are so many CDers obsessed with feminine appearance but not the least bit interested in mannerisms or other social graces? I do wonder whether this is lack of awareness or just plain disinterest. It's clearly not "wrong" but I do find it jarring.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

Banned Read only
    Self absorbed, jealous, selfish, vain, wannabes who don't keep MY threads alive indefinitely! Bitches!

Why do we want to talk badly about other people. With the number of people on this site I'm sure there is at least 1 person you don't agree with. If you don't like the thread move on. There is no need to get yourself aggrivated.

All the ones with darker hair calling us blonds stupid...

We,re not....We just think differantly, that,s all !!!!

Its the extremists I can't take. They should be shot.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

Aspiring Member

No kidding. No one cares if you wear boxers, briefs or panties. No cares if they are blue, gray, or pink polka dotted. Wear what ever you want. But making it a big deal, makes it uhhh a bit creepy.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    KayR,

My budget won't allow for that many bullets !

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Yep,im blonde and seriously not stupid!
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Lessee, most of us are straight guys who wear women's clothes, wigs and makeup who expect to be accepted or at least tolerated by our SO's. On the other hand, if our SO's all of a sudden decided to dress up like a guy with a fake beard and other stuff, we would not like it. I dunno, perfectly normal logic in my opinion.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendrme View Post
    What is it with folks who are CD'ers and wannabe gurls who post pictures with masks on, or from the neck down, or with your back turned to us, or with spots over your face?
    There is a difference between being seen by someone at a distance and being seen in a context where someone can take all the time they want to figure out where they've seen you before.

Yes, I know the usual argument about how different people looked when dressed and how people are unlikely to recognize you, but I personally have had a number of people recognize me when I was completely Dressed... from a distance, in bad light, at that. That's why I only post photos in the closed areas, not in the MTF area that is open to the public: I don't need to dangle my characteristic nose (or whatever it is that people are recognizing) indefinitely in areas visited by people with Too Much Time On Their Hands.

And yes, if anyone is keeping track, I am one of the public gender-benders -- but if people are taking pictures of me while I'm engaged in that, then they are doing so at a distance, not with digital SLRs with telephoto lenses.

Metal Mistress from CT MentalMercury's Avatar
    Yes, I second that. The panties thing is disturbing.

Gold Member
    My pet peeve is when a GG complains about us, certain CDs will plant their lips right on her backside and agree.
    SUCH.... a suck-up to do that.

How about the hand full here, that think we all should think and behave the way they do. "And you know who you are !"

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    I had a pet peeve once, two actually, one was blonde and brown and other was white and grey. They always use to greet me at the door when I came home from work. It was nice to have those pet peeves, they were just so darned friendly and of course they were nice to pet too.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Nicking my makeup and saying 'no this is mine I bought it', hogging the mirror... oh... and some of you, lighten up already... it's just a question... jeez

<edit> Can we please keep this thread down to a dull roar... we don't need to be told how to spell, use grammar etc... nor is this thread being closed.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 05-06-2008 at 05:47 PM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn