Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pet Peeves about other CD's

My biggest gripe or "pet peeve" if you will, is the attitude that one must be seen in public and post pictures. Some of us are fairly well known and want to protect our private lives as well as protecting our families from ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Stephens View Post
    My biggest gripe or "pet peeve" if you will, is the attitude that one must be seen in public and post pictures. Some of us are fairly well known and want to protect our private lives as well as protecting our families from ridicule.
    I know what you mean, Laura. I just take it with a grain of salt, though. While I enjoy the opportunity to share here, this is where I can be open to people outside of my home. Going out in public dressed would be, for me, thrill seeking (I tend to resemble one of the Washington Redskin's Hogettes ). However, for those girls here who do post pics and go out, I love you all and I'm thrilled that you are having such positive (for the most part) experiences. Everyone should accept that we all do what we do for the reasons we do and in the way that we do. No one way is wrong or right.

Meeting with another c/der [while dressed], who despite you telling them you are not interested in anything more than being friends, they still insist on trying to "grope" you!!!!

Yes..It happened to me recently and all it did was put me off dressing for a while and it definetily put me off going out again!!!
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 06-07-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I'll relate a situation here that did peeve me. Back about 10 years ago in my local CD group, a person attended regularly with his wife. She seemed a bit reluctant, if not uncomfortable, being there.

One thing that didn't seem to help matter was the fact that her husband spend most of the time chatting with the other crossdressers, and left her to fend for herself. There were no other wives there that evening.

I felt so sorry for her. I sat and talked with her. This woman was on the fence as it were and her husband was off doing hs thing, when he should have been engaging her, and helping her to understand.

I guess what I'm getting at is I hate it when a one gets so involved in things vis a vis crossdressing that they do it to the exclusion of others, such as spouses when the spouse is trying to understand.

Don't know if I'm making sense.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

First off, I love this thread.. its made me laugh and think more than once.

I have to say that mine biggest pet peeve is not dressing age/weight appropriate. Ok, I know what's "appropriate" is in the eye of the beholder, and I won't begrudge anyone their wearing of a fantasy outfit from time to time, but there are so may options out there for us girls of all sizes, you can still be sexy without a beer gut hanging out over your skirt. Spandex is a dirty lie! One size does NOT fit all!!!

Also, it doesn't really happen here (thankfully).. but if I see one more from behind pic of someone bent over in a G-string (or less!)... That isn't even attractive if the hottest GG on Earth does it!

(please take this in the half-joking manner I meant it)

K

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi WB View Post
    Also, it doesn't really happen here (thankfully).. but if I see one more from behind pic of someone bent over in a G-string (or less!)... That isn't even attractive if the hottest GG on Earth does it!
    Oh it happens . . . we just get to most of those pics before anyone can see them. It's usually people who are so enthusiastic when they join that they don't take a minute to read the rules. We sort through those so you won't have to . . . that's why the staff closet is packed high with bleach.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is it with folks who are CD'ers and wannabe gurls who post pictures with masks on, or from the neck down, or with your back turned to us, or with spots over your face?
    [wendrme]

That's my pet peeve - those who want to dictate to those not ready (for whatever reason(s)) to show their face (no matter how male looking?).

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi WB View Post
    First off, I love this thread.. its made me laugh and think more than once.

I have to say that mine biggest pet peeve is not dressing age/weight appropriate. Ok, I know what's "appropriate" is in the eye of the beholder, and I won't begrudge anyone their wearing of a fantasy outfit from time to time, but there are so may options out there for us girls of all sizes, you can still be sexy without a beer gut hanging out over your skirt. Spandex is a dirty lie! One size does NOT fit all!!!

Also, it doesn't really happen here (thankfully).. but if I see one more from behind pic of someone bent over in a G-string (or less!)...
    I completely agree. Dressing in a manner appropriate according to weight, age and size in general as well as according to the circumstances, is one of the things that I resent most.

While it is peerfectly ok to have famtasies and fun in a fetichist manner, these should be reserved to private intercourse.

As you said,
    That isn't even attractive if the hottest GG on Earth does it!
    It often the case that x-dressers just reproduce a ****ty feminine image that is more looking like a "male fantazy" than a real female person. I have nothing against that if it remains a private endeavour...

If one plans to go out in public, using accepted dress codes (as a female of course) requires some modesty, albeit that some FaB can sometimes be themselves go over board... But in our case the hurdle is even more difficult to overcome...

Eugénie

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    My Peeves
    Those who think it's ok to have sex with another while married and those who think just because they are dressed fem it's not cheating.
    Got to say, this is the only thing that's bothered my about a minority of people in the CD community. I love my fiance and I ask her to put up with enough without her having to worry that I'll throw on a skirt and then mess about with someone else.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Club wear is nice if you have the body for it and you are under 30, nothing better than to be dressed appropriately and have a cd sister/street walker come up to the table and want to be BFF's drawing everyones attention to you and the other ladies at the table. Doesn't take long for all of the wheels to start moving and the comments to start flowing about did you see the guys in the dresses sitting over there. You know the ones the ****ty dressed guy was talking too. Thats the way to ruin a great evening on the town in MHO.

pet peeve.

calm down it's only a puppet. (brittish joke) my peeves are (gurls) and posting a preveures post and then, you go gurl,
    stevie 0

Meeting with another c/der [while dressed], who despite you telling them you are not interested in anything more than being friends, they still insist on trying to "grope" you!!!!
    Yeah, I never thought I would have to worry about that. After a few drinks, they all get even worse. People seem to think that all crossdressers are loose bisexuals. Or maybe they have hidden desires. But I have problems with lots of guys, not just CDs. I do find myself reminding my CD friends that I am NOT interested in sex with other people. I am married and only interested in GGs.

Well, I didn't think I had any "pet peeves" until I read all of your responses.

For everyone who has complained about "Other Cd's forcing them to leave the closet," Nobody is forcing you to do anything! I don't think that you are even being pressured, UNLESS you are allowing yourselves to be pressured. If you feel some guilt about an issue, then it can seem that someone else is forcing you. It's also a very convenient way to pass off blame. "I didn't want to do it, but they all said to do it."

I think the whole purpose of this Forum is to create a DIALOG. In order to do that, people must express opinions. Hopefully when we have a significant thread going; all sides of an issue are written about and a huge variety of opinions are expressed. I have done it, but no one should have to...finish every sentence with a caveat to be completely P.C. Example: "I think you should try going out and joining a support group.....But, by all means it's your choice, and you don't have to do anything, you can stay right in the bedroom, you can gaze at the stars, etc. etc., ad nauseum!"

Personally, I think we get along pretty well. I don't see stupid flame wars, I don't see real nastiness. We can get testy, but anybody writing here has to expect differing ideas. Do I think you should "tell your wife." Yeah, maybe....usually, but I never did. And; it's just one idea among many. You have to pick!

By the way, you also have the right to have a "pet peeve," about anyone or anything you want. I'm just trying to clarify.

Peace and Love, Joanie

well....

My most relevant pet peeve is not specific to CDing (as none of them are) This pet peeve (I have many) is about discussions on pet peeves. A pet peeve is something that annoys the individual citing the pet peeve. It may seem illogical to everyone else on the planet, but that doesn't matter because that is why it is a pet peeve in the first place. So don't get mad about other people's pet peeve if you know you do it, that person who is annoyed by you is being illogical and therefore you shouldn't be annoyed by it... unless that is your pet peeve. Then by all means be annoyed.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

i havent developed any pet peeves yet... give it time

is in her vest
    I don't like how when some people here dress they indicate that they become sexually promiscuous, even to the extent of altering their sexuality....this is especially irksome for the ones in relationships????....I don't get it, I don't wish to get it either. It does sadden me though, that thats how ill informed people see me too?
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Banned Read only
    Why can't look as good as some of the girls here when I'm dressed?
    That's not really a peeve btw, just good old fashioned, green-eyed jealousy!