Thread: Yet another tiny step...

Yet another tiny step...

I would post this in "Out and About" but the moderators moved my last similar thread here so I will post it here.

I just took another step outside my 12 story apartment building for a clove cigarette. But this time... people saw me!

I was sitting on a bench enjoying my clove, (without nervous shakes this time) when a guy opened the door and stuck his head out asking me if I had a spare cigarette, I just shook my head no in subdued horror, he thanked me and left.

An older couple entered the same door, noticing me sitting there with no out of the ordinary response.

No screaming, no outrageous looks, no verbal accusations of "Hey, you're a man!".

Again, this still feels silly, but people I don't know have seen me... as a woman. It feels so big, so mind-bending, I am ecstatic!

If you look like your avatar I would not think I'm seeing a man.
    Angie

Thumbs up

hi there so you took your first step and i bet you cant wait to take the next. when i took mine i thought that every one was looking but its all in the mind ,this week end i am taking my friend out he she will be dressed for the first time and she is looking forward to it but always be safe

Next step!

Well done !!

Piccies please!

Go Girl!

regards

Aspiring Member
    Exciting, isn't it? Just going through a door can mean so much...

Next time take a walk around the block... maybe then you'll qualify for out AND about...

I don't live in an apartment building, but have taken the long walk down a Hotel hallway before. Every door I went by was another goal to get by.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Congrats Damiana!
    Your doing better than me. I only just managed a walk to my mailbox after midnight and some brief dressing around close friends.

Congrads........The first time someone else saw me fully dressed, scared me silly. Then it struck me, that they did not point a fingure at me or yell "Tranny". They just ignored me like you ignore most people around you. After the third time, I was no longer scared and it got to be fun.
    Keep up the good work. It does get easier and more enjoyable.

Congrats Damiana! Soon you'll be out enjoying the clubs in your fair city!
    You are beautiful in your pictures, I'm sure the people just thought you were a girl waiting for someone in the building!
    Find me on Facebook. I'm Princess Pink!

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    ...people I don't know have seen me... as a woman. It feels so big, so mind-bending, I am ecstatic!
    Isn't that a rush! A wonderful feeling! Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannen View Post
    Exciting, isn't it? Just going through a door can mean so much...
    I don't live in an apartment building, but have taken the long walk down a Hotel hallway before. Every door I went by was another goal to get by.
    My first time was in the Queen K Hotel in Honolulu...seems like a hundred years ago, but the
    excitement is still etched in my mind.

And Good For You, too!!!
    Last edited by Seville; 05-07-2008 at 08:25 PM.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    ..... this still feels silly, but people I don't know have seen me... as a woman. It feels so big, so mind-bending, I am ecstatic!
    I know! .... it's great isn't it?!? There are a lot of people in my life too (friends and other TG folks in our support group) who only know me as Rachel. Other than a few co-workers I don't have any friends who know me in boy mode. All my socializing and casual time out is done in girl mode. I wouldn't mind betting you that as you become more confident and go out more, that you too will start to develop a network of friends that only know you as Damiana. This kind of "ups the ante" when dressing as sometimes you're kind of "forced" to do it when you meet up with friends. Not really forced obviously ... but it is fun all the same.

Congratulations on being ecstatic!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Wow, Rachel. I never even thought about that! That is a whole other level to all of it. I think that will be a great step in my dream of going fulltime.

Rachel Morley......I know what you mean about others only knowing you as your girlself. I have never gone to my Tri-Ess meeting in drab, so no one there knows what I look like in drab and the same for me. I have never seen a Tri-Ess sister come in drab, so may not reconize anyone if I did. LOL My Tri-Ess chapter does have a "Girl Night Out", where they get together for dinner, but no one comes dressed. It is more for the wives than the CDer. Now that my wife is more accepting, I hope she will go with me at our next GNO.

Hi I would love to be confident enough to go out toa bar but have a long way to go yet , one day i hope