Thread: Clocked at McChord AFB Commisary

Clocked at McChord AFB Commisary

Hi all,
    I just had a first for me. I was at the McChord AFB Commissary with my wife last Sunday, of course in full drab. I noticed one our our sisters. This is the first time I had noticed one of us while out.
    She was was probably the best dressed and one of the most attractive women in the store. My wife didn't notice her as did none of the other customers. She was dressed in a dark gray pinstripe suit and mid-thigh length skirt, with 4" black pumps. What gave it away was she was a little too stylish for the grocery store on Sunday. I confirmed it by noticing the larger hands and muscular legs, but I thought she brought it off beautifully.
    If it was one of the sisters here, I wanted to congratulate her on her courage and great presentation.

Jaydee

Well it wasn,t me but if she looked that great i wish it was

thats very brave of her to go out dressed on a military base.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda1114 View Post
    thats very brave of her to go out dressed on a military base.
    safest place on earth if you're a civilian. Equal opportunity laws are so strict that if a servicemember even looked
    at her the wrong way six lawyers would spontaneously materialize out of thin air around her.

that might be, but they don't let just any civilian on a military base, not to mention commissary privileges. You have to be military, retired, or a dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda1114 View Post
    that might be, but they don't let just any civilian on a military base, not to mention commissary privileges. You have to be military, retired, or a dependent.
    Look, I'm not going to sit here and pontificate on how the person got onto the base. It's not against the law to be a retired military crossdresser, nor is it against the law for an active servicemember to have a transgendered dependent. I'll say it again: with a few exceptions for servicemembers themselves under the UCMJ, people's rights are very well protected under equal opportunity laws.

And for that matter, if she's a retired officer, or medal of honor recipient, those active duty guys had better salute her.

You can be a civilian and shop at a BX. I used to work for NASA and we had BX rights, Officer Club rights, and stayed in BOQ's at various military installations. Many civilian workers that do contact work on military installations get these rights too.

Learning, growing, living brookalicious's Avatar
    Actually any civilian contractor can get on to base to use the commisary or PX. (It's the PX if you're an army brat. ) My best friend's wife is a federal researcher for the ARS and she can get on post because of the work she does.

My question is: did you say hi, or give her a wink? It might have made her day.

~b~

May have been a GG bodybuilder stopping by after church.
    DonnaT

Maybe she was a CC or a PJ
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I wouldn't have had the b***s to try something like that during my navy hitch. I'm glad to know she was able to pull it off, especially at a base comissary. If you ever see her again give her a thumbs up. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Lingering Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
    She was was probably the best dressed and one of the most attractive women in the store. My wife didn't notice her as did none of the other customers. She was dressed in a dark gray pinstripe suit and mid-thigh length skirt, with 4" black pumps. What gave it away was she was a little too stylish for the grocery store on Sunday. I confirmed it by noticing the larger hands and muscular legs, but I thought she brought it off beautifully.
    So all you have to go on is clothing choice, hand size, and muscular legs? Wow, that's pretty thin (though I'm not personally inclined to wear 4" heels even when going somewhere formal).

Round here, some women get very dressed up on Sunday to go to church. Some of them even stop off at the store on the way home that afternoon. Also, there are many natal females with muscular legs and largish hands. Just saying...

There are many indicators that are more reliable indicators of birth sex than the ones you've mentioned, and gendering is usually based on a combination of factors. Usually the net result is that you just look at someone and instantly know. Maybe that's what happened here, but your description implies that you decided she might be trans based on her choice of clothing and shoes, and then looked closer for confirmation.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    OKAY OKAY....I was gonna stay quiet and keep all you girls guessing...it was me !

ROFLMAO NOW .

Seriously, one can get on base and in the PX as long as they come with someone with proper clearance...I know because I have been in a couple and never was in the military or currently working for that base in a civilian capacity.

And my hands aren't all that large !!!! GIGGLE GIGGLE.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Please be careful

Yes I am retired, and no it wasn't me. there are many things the military doesn't notice. A couple of things though. When one retires you are put into a special inactive reserve and carry an ID card. This makes you subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) and it has many prohibitions.

While on active duty I had transfered from a command and read in a service paper that a young sailor was be given a less than honorable discharge. His crime? His wife was murdered while he was underway and during the autopsy it was determined she was a transsexual woman. Interviewing him during the investigation he admitted to knowing that she was a TS and so the discharge was his reward.

Cruel? Yes! Unfortunately one gives up many rights even being on a base. Although the bases don't abuse their authority, they will exercise it to the fullest extent.

I hope the brave young lady (TG,TS, CD or GG) and anyone else who thinks it would be fun to visit any post, is extremely aware of the risks. I don't mean to sound like an alarmist but yes we retirees can loose our pensions, and associations if we become an embarrassment to our branch.

I'm not trying to sound down about it all and congrats to the young lady again.
    Last edited by Danielle1960; 05-09-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: completed a thought 4th para