Thread: Working on a new look

Working on a new look

After reading scores of postings about women's casual looks nowadays, I finally got the message it seems. All it really took was an anvil to fall on my head (ouch!). Talk about going around the building to turn the corner--geez. I came to the conclusion if I really want to look like and emulate a regular gal, I have to do what they do and that means comfort. I have to admit this is somewhat of a challenge, so it's my next project.

The point is that gals look good no matter what they wear and they are all beautiful in my opinion with very little effort. It's tough to get that kind of midset as a CD because we seem to have the premise that we must dress to the "nines" to look good. The image is important but it's not everything and I see a lot of gals who look fantastic in denim, shorts and capris without even trying. When those same gals decide to glam it up, forget it. I don't even come close to them on one of my best days.

It's not just appearance either, it's how gals act and I'm not talking about walking or gestures just being themselves and being naturally friendly, outgoing and concerned for others. It's more than mimicing or copying someone, it's really about just being yourself and a real person. I've gotten quite an education since being a member here and have also balanced my feelings. Now let's see if I can put it all to good use in a positive way.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If you want to wear dresses, wear dresses! Women can wear whatever they want and so can you. However, on the other hand, if you don't want to stand out in a crowd, it is best to look like every one else. The 5" stiletto heels may look great but in most Walmarts they will draw attention (usually unwanted). The cool part about all of this is that you have to do what you feel comfortable doing and what is right for YOU. I certainly enjoy wearing a dress more than wearing slacks but there are times when wearing slacks (for me) is the right thing to do.

Interesting. I spent an entire day at starbucks looking out onto the plaza and observeing what gg's were wearing. It was a weekend in late April about 65 degrees. For those of you not familiar, the Plaza is an outdoor shopping neighborhood. Anyways, 98% of the women from age 25 to 50 were dressed in jeans or capris and flats or sandals. It was suprising to see so few high heels or skirts. I'm thinking because it was the weekend and they were being casual. Went back on a monday and sure enough skirts and heels prevailed.

And now for my rookie observation
    95% carried their purse over the shoulder. Who knew

Nice info, Amanda.Thats why I always go out on weekdays--skirts & heels, and I'm out of the "office"!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

If you want to see what the ladies are wearing, sit a few hours in a grocery store. I pass out samples at a grocery store, and yes, attitude is every thing. I see everything from a miniskirts and heals to jeans and flip flops. They all fit in as GG women...BJ

Silver Member
    I agree with what is being said here. I you want to blend in and pass then the casual look is the easiest look to achieve. We all know that short skirts and heels will draw attention every time. I have gone to places like malls just to observe the women and gain a better understanding of how they dress and act. You can learn a lot just by being observent.

Thanks for all your responses. I still like dresses and skirts of course. It's more of a comfort thing when being casual and looking halfway decent at the same time.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning