Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we as CDs targets for harm?

Are we as CDs targets for harm?

i personaly carry a gun in my purse when i am out enfemme..i know the pink pistols are a gay group which is very proactive on this matter as well....never know what idiot may try to do harm to myself...anybody else carry a gun inside your purse while out or am i in the minority?

Are you out of your mind? If you should use that gun, even in self-defense, good luck getting a jury to treat you fairly, especially if you were dressed provocatively! Of course, if you are walking the mean streets at night en femme, maybe you should carry a gun...I've never felt endangered dressing conservatively and going to mainstream places like malls, museums etc.

While many of my friends carry a piece, I personally do not. Nor would I unless I decided to go ahead with being a private investigator. I understand the need some have for reassurance, especially when going into questionable areas. Despite the potential threat, the idea of possibly taking another life even defending myself does not set well with me. I've already taken more than enough lives during war and even if they were considered the enemy, that is hard to live with sometimes. I realize it is a personal decision but meditate on what you would do if the situation presented itself wherin you actually had to use it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Here in the UK, we tend not to carry guns. The point of a 4" stilleto or a squirt of hairspray is about the most lethal thing I could offer. I would suggest not allowing yourself to get into harms way if you feel you need a gun!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

the only times i ever had negative confrontations was with men who are insecure in there sexuality and cant understand why they are turned on by a man in a dress.a few well placed comments will usually get rid of them since they are mostly cowards to boot.
    a gun would be overkill and putting them out of their misery is doing them a favour.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

I think that anyone who is a bit different from the main stream is a target for harm, and as far as the gun is concerned you have to remember that once you show it the other person will assume that you are going to use it so are you prepared to accept the consequences that will arise from that .

joanne

Quote Originally Posted by KayR View Post
    The point of a 4" stilleto is about the most lethal thing I could offer.
    If you use it right, it,s a hell of a weapon

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    In most jurisdictions you are asking for trouble if you shoot someone even with a claim of self defense. Even if you are not prosecuted criminally you face some pretty stiff tort claims and an uphill defense.

Banned Read only
    If you're going anywhere that requires carrying a gun for protection, you're probably going to the wrong places. Either that, or your seriously over-compensating for your lack of confidence.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    I carried a gun for over 20 years , well before I began going out. I am here only because I carried a gun , believe me you don't want that burden . With respect to war it is different , I'm a Marine and when I killed it was not in war but in self defense and so ruled the stse of New York but it does not make it easier to carry the burden. His face will haunt me for the rest of my life . Think careful before you find he need , if you pull it you better be ready without hesitation to use it.

P.S. I traded off my pistola for a colapsable baton
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 05-09-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: use the edit button, merged consecutive posts.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Targets!!

Well I agree with packing. Of course I'm in Texas and that's sort of a Texas thing. Here one needs to have a permit to carry and a significant test on what the law is. It is not enough to feel threatened. One must be convincingly in eminent danger of harm or death.

The decision to carry is not one to be take lightly. And neither is the decision to draw a weapon. So Please BE Careful!!

Hugs Edyta

I keep one in my car all the time (male or female). I have a permit and never wanted to be out at night, broken down on the side of the road and some nut come by. Yes, I would protect me or my family from harm. Mike Jordens father was killed on the side of a road. I don't know if a gun would have helped or not, but I have one in my car. My attitude is....I had rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.

I don't need it. But then again, I don't want to get arrested wearing panties, etc. The boys in the slammer might get ideas.

Edit: I have carried a gun in male mode. Right after the Rodney King riots I had to do business around Florence and Normandy. No one was gonna pull me outta my car.

Silver Member
    I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon and I carry all of the time, no exceptions. If I am out while dreessed I feel very vulnerable and having a gun on my person is reassuring. Carrying a weapon is second nature to me, it is always there and I do not give any extra thought to putting a gun on my person than I would putting on my shoes or a cap or any article of clothing. I hope that I never have to use a gun in self defense but I am prepared to do so. In the majority of cases the mere displaying of a gun will eliminate any threat. I believe that if you pull a gun from it's place of concealment you should be prepared to use it without hesitation. The act of carrying a gun for self protection is a very serious matter and a lot of responsibility goes with it so if you are going to do it give the matter a lot of serious thought first. Also it is very important to do it legally. Take the required instruction course and range qualification to obtain the neccessary permit. There are only two states, Illinois and Wisconsin, that will not issue permits to carry a concealed weapon. All of the other states have some form of a law that allow permits to be issued. We live in a very dangerous world and having the means to protect yourself and your loved ones is a right and an obligation.

"If" your local laws allow carry permits, get one and carry. Otherwise bad idea.

I do not believe that it is that dangerous to go out en femme. If you do not feel secure it is far better to carry pepper spray, it is legal in most areas, it requires far less training to use and the consequences of its use are way less than using a firearm.
    The best defense is to be aware of your surroundings and of the people around you. If you are uncomfortable in a situation, leave.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

thanks for your thoughts....i do carry in my purse and have been trained to use a weapon....i for one am a big believer in being allowed to excerise my right to have a gun....all your posts were great and again thanks for your thoughts

I too have a state permit to carry and I always keep one in my office and one in my vehicle.
    Keeping it in the vehicle is a good idea in the event of beiing enfemme and having a break-down in a bad geographical area.
    In hard economic times as these, we are seeing an increase in criminal activity but mostly money related and nothing that would be directly tied into gay-bashing or tranny haters. I am cognizant of the fact that there are still many people who love to beat up people like us. Just ask any of your friends.
    Personally I will not allow myself to be anywhere where I would be in harms way. Its that simple.
    Although I could carry a pocket-sized appliance in my purse, it would not have the stopping power of a larger caliber.
    My choice is to think twice before I go into a questionable location.

Banned Read only
    Yeah, let's all get a gun. That will solve the world's problems. If you don't like it, shoot it.

Why does anyone think that they might be the only one with a gun? The more people buy guns, the more likely we'll all end up shooting each other.

I think there should be a mandatory intelligence test as a prerequisite to buying a gun. That might eliminate 99% of the population from getting one.

Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    Yeah, let's all get a gun. That will solve the world's problems. If you don't like it, shoot it.
    Isn't that the answer to everything in the USA though?

I'm thankful it isn't allowed here in the UK, people walking around with guns, who knows when it might accidentally go off and kill someone... innocent by-stander... there are better ways to protect yourself... carrying a gun imho (and it is my opinion) is just too risky.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Learn self defence...
    Imagine the embarressment for the guy...Beaten up by a crossdresser
    Especially in front of other people!!!!

Yes, there are some differences between the U.K. and the U.S., and one of those is the RIGHT to bear arms. It is Your Responsibility to know HOW, and WHEN to use one. Dearest Tamara, a gun doesn't accidently go off, its usually through the stupidity of someone playing with one that doesn't have a clue what they are doing. I REFUSE to be a victim, and act accordingly. This is not to flame anyone in particular, just to make it known that there is a huge difference between what we believe in the U.S. and what they believe in the U.K., Australia included. It is one reason we are called Citizens in America, and you are called subjects of the Queen.

Banned Read only
    Amber,

I hear what you're saying, but I beg to differ.

I don't consider myself a subject of the Queen, or a Citizen of America, even after having lived many years in both places (and others too). I consider myself a citizen of the world, and I'm guided by common sense, not other people's beliefs, or religion for that matter.
    Last edited by Emily Anderson; 05-09-2008 at 04:48 PM.

ok i did not post this topic to start a flame war....i carry a gun as my right and will continue to do so..i just wanted to see if other CD's did as well..yes i am one of those bitter people who clings to guns and religion..but this topic is not meant to be a political discussion on guns....i am fine with those who do not carry a gun...just dont try and tell me i cant....no perp is going to do me harm..nuff said

Banned Read only
    No flame war intended. Just giving my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own.