Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will crossdressing hurt a security clearance?

Will crossdressing hurt a security clearance?

I'm up for a background check security clearance Tuesday. Will any mention of my past crossdressing that hurt me at past jobs hurt me in getting a security clearance?

Anyone hear got a security clearance?

Jean skirts 'n boots. RockerTerri's Avatar
    IIRC you said at one point you have a job with NASA? I dont think they could care less if you came to work as a CD, they seem like one of very few gub'ment agencies that care about what you do and know, not what you act like or what party you belong to.
    I love this place.

I don't think so Kate unless it's something that could be used against you.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If you are in the closet and you could be bribed or extorted by someone threatening to out you, you could be a risk. If you are out, you shouldn't have to worry.

How about "Don't ask and don't tell?" I'm in the military and this the one thing I will not open up about at the MOT.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by JennyRotten View Post
    How about "Don't ask and don't tell?" I'm in the military and this the one thing I will not open up about at the MOT.
    agreed, if they dont need to know why tell them

Kate,

There is nothing for you to be worried about.
    Suspicious finances and criminal activity/associates are what they are looking for.

~Amanda

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I would not worry either, the do not go that deep unless its ultra secure, I had to go through it 14 years ago for a temp job that required federal background checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill View Post
    If you are in the closet and you could be bribed or extorted by someone threatening to out you, you could be a risk. If you are out, you shouldn't have to worry.
    Hi, Butterfly Bob said it so right!! If the the Agency that is doing your Background feels that you can be compromised , then you may have a problem. They will normally approach you with the question of " is this a everyday thing or is it something other ". It all depends also on your security clearence as someone else said There is a Background Investigation for snsitive or a Special Background Investigation for a Top Secret. The SBI is really tuff but in both cases You will have to write on paper how this works in your life. Just be honest and if you are out in the open as someone else said, I dont think you have a problem. But if you lie and it is brought out then they have grounds. Good Luck Joann

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Joann0830 View Post
    Hi, Butterfly Bob said it so right!! If the the Agency that is doing your Background feels that you can be compromised , then you may have a problem. They will normally approach you with the question of " is this a everyday thing or is it something other ". It all depends also on your security clearence as someone else said There is a Background Investigation for snsitive or a Special Background Investigation for a Top Secret. The SBI is really tuff but in both cases You will have to write on paper how this works in your life. Just be honest and if you are out in the open as someone else said, I dont think you have a problem. But if you lie and it is brought out then they have grounds. Good Luck Joann
    I agree!! Just be honest, tell them only if they need to know.
    Dana Ryan

Being that you are in Texas, I am guessing it is a DOD clearance. If this is the case, as long as you haven' told any of your referances...... you will be OK. I had one on active duty. But, when I was in the reserves, by freak chance, someone in my unit found out, and I was actually discharged. 12 years of total service, and I got the boot because I wear woman's clothing. Anyhow, if it isn't a Department Of Defense clearance, you will be all right. If you are in the army, send me a private message.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

While I was in the military, it would be a serious security risk. It is something that an intelligence agency could exploit in the mind of the security people.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    I'm up for a background check security clearance Tuesday. Will any mention of my past crossdressing that hurt me at past jobs hurt me in getting a security clearance?

Anyone hear got a security clearance?
    If you're out in the open no. Closted yes. The reason being is black mail issue.

Thanks for your responses. It's not military; it's for my NASA job.

I know that it is a factor in a top secret clearance. I know of one CD in Denver area that has one. she disclosed it as a alias.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

IN all honesty, my security clearance was never effected even after my first wife blabbered all about my CDing and made up a bunch of lies to my First Sergeant when I was still on active duty. Once they knew about Kandis, there was no more threat of blackmail being used so I was not a security risk.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Security Clearance

Times are different today than when I had various clearances. I don't think that the "contractor" clearances are too nosey. None of my friends were questioned for a Secret level clearance from DISCO (or was it DESCO). Before military service and during the it, I had a number of different clearances w/ Top Secret. For these alot of my family and friends got interviewed. But that was 30 yrs ago now. I would be cautious. I never ever let my secret out during those years. I am sure that would have been a real OUTING!

Hugs Edyta

I used to have a TS Crypto clearance when I was in the USAF. I remember my mother telling me all the neighbors kept asking if I was in trouble because OSI agents had been asking questions about me. They will never talk to your parents, siblings, or grandparents, but they will talk to anyone else that you even look at twice. When you live in a small town like I did back then, it quickly get around that the OSI agents are asking questions. I am sure that by the time they had interviewed 2-3 poeple, the whole town knew who they were and what they were doing.

I don't know the answer to that, but I used to work for a pharmaceutical wholesaler, and I was told by my employers that in order to handle controlled substances, I'd have to pass an FBI background check, wasn't a problem. My brother had Top Secert clearance in the Air Force, he said that they'd be looking at the backgrounds of all his family members, my shenanigans didn't effect his clearance. This was when I was very active and out a lot, and was getting active on-line, so I'm expecting that at least some of my gender stuff showed up in their research.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Yes, if it's Top Secret or better and has anything to do with National defense and/or security.

Abby

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    I used to have a TS Crypto clearance when I was in the USAF.
    Hmmm. Would that be like windtalking, d'you think?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Nicki B.....I was in the USAFSS.

I suspect that the real answer will somehow be connected to the previous problem at the previous job.

I personally know someone who is an Engineer for one of NASA' Sub-Contractors, working at The Cape. She is going through transition, 24/7, and I'm sure she would have to have a very high clearance. It hasn't effected her job at all, except for the usual junk from some of the colleagues.

Granted, she was smart. Got hold of an advocacy group, had an expert on scene when she announced her plans, and more or less let her advocate spell out what was going to happen. Remember, this is Federal Work and you have a different set of rules from the rest of my "Right To Work State." She also is a body that would be very hard to replace. I'm sure that helped.

Why don't you try and do some research and see what the history has been for TG People around NASA. This might give you some reassurances.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Read this: http://www.okdiversity.com/genderbenders/cia.html#sec3

Tere is a section an transvesticism.

Jenny