Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Was I Given This Type Of Life?

I have felt the same way many a time. Sometimes I yearn for the simplicity of a single gender identity but alas...

This probably doesn't apply to all and will probably seem a little 'out there' but it is my belief we are all spirits in physical form. I think my own spirit is more female than male, but the more I interact with others, and especially female friends who have sought out my help or support, I seem to find that people like myself are needed - the strength of a male with the compassion and empathy of a female, so maybe your purpose lies along these lines. As my mind (and probably most of those here) is also very curious I guess crossdressing is an inevitable by-product of these feminine tendancies.

Hope that helps!

I have the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Russell View Post
    That's probably a question that we've all asked ourselves at some time or other, & I don't think any of us has the answer. Even though it can be very hard at times, I'm glad to be the way I am, because I find dressing as a girl is one of the nicest feelings I can have.
    It's blessing we are given this life to lead. Now, that doesn't mean that it's not hard, hurtful and scary. The blessing comes when we've worked your way through those things and have begun to lead the life we are meant to.
    Most all great people, sages, saints, wise men and women have lived outside the norms of their culture at the time. Many were ridiculed and hated for their beliefs and who they were. It's through life's difficulties that we really find out who we are and what we believe. When we know these things we can make our own decisions about how we want to be in the world and that's growing up and becoming your authentic self. When you reach that point you can touch joy most any time you decide to reach for it
    It took me along time to figure it out but that's what it is for me.
    I remember praying, when I was 10 years old, "God, let me wake up a girl"
    I took 45 year but, what do you know, My prayers were answered.

All of our prayers and dreams are answered So make really good decisions about what you pray for and pray often and with meaning.

Anyway, off my soapbox. Love to hear your thoughts
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

For years I have asked myself the same questions without finding answers. Over time I have come to the conclusion that I am a woman that was given the wrong physical form, and God has given me a challenge to find a solution. I am still working on finding a solution that will work with my current life. I don't want to give up everything, and everyone in my life, so the challenge is a big one. I must be on the right track, as I only suffer from a slight depression when in drab, which completely goes away when Pamela is able to express herself. I know that someday I will have to become Pamela on a permanent basis, that is the scary part of my life. I always put the happy smiley after my name, because I really am a happy person. I really feel for you.

Pamela

I too ask myself this question all the time.

Consider this... We are gifted. We know more about the opposite gender than the average person. The feelings, mannerisms, and dress... The list goes on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    Consider this... We are gifted. We know more about the opposite gender than the average person. The feelings, mannerisms, and dress... The list goes on.
    The saddest part is that with all of that understanding of them they can't understand us. They are threatened by a guy in a dress

I can understand what you are saying. As for me I would diffently preper the womens shoes. I can honestly say though as time goes on I seem to except it more and worry less. I have no real answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This sounds crazy, I know....

If reincarnation is possible it could be your answer. According to a book I have, we have to experience all things which is impossible in one lifetime. It has something to do with working out your karma. You very likely may have been a female in a former life, and for some reason you have to experience being a man in this one. Or maybe you were a man in a previous life that treated women badly. There should be something learned from your feelings in this life.

I am a crossdresser. I started at 5 and I am still dressing.

I'm not ashamed and I'm pretty ok with it.

It's taken a long long time but I feel it is a part of me. I am a devoted husband and father and very content.

I am a closet crossdresser.

No big deal.

emmi

Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    If reincarnation is possible it could be your answer. According to a book I have, we have to experience all things which is impossible in one lifetime. It has something to do with working out your karma. You very likely may have been a female in a former life, and for some reason you have to experience being a man in this one. Or maybe you were a man in a previous life that treated women badly. There should be something learned from your feelings in this life.
    Pretty close estimation Dee. Actually it has a lot to do with our personal grid program. We actually make the choice on what to experience, believe it or not.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning