Thread: Cd at business meeting this morning

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar

Cd at business meeting this morning

I was at a business meeting today and there was a mature CD dressed at work this morning. This was very interesting to me since this is the first CD that I have come in contact with (that was dressed) in the working world. She was fully dressed, had a nice blouse and skirt which was appropriate for her age group and mostly casual wear. She is a county employee and everyone there is completely ok with her being dressed while at work. On the other hand she is very respectful of others and dresses respectfully as well. There were even kids around that didn't treat her any differently than any body else, I was happy to see this. Although, there was a guy with me that said to me, "hey do you know that she a guy"? I was thinking, if you ONLY knew! I have to admit, I felt a little strange, I don't know if was because I can relate with her or because the other guy said what he said... I thought this would be great to share with all of you and definately a positive step for the CDing community!

Of course I thought of how great it would be to come dressed to work, even once in a while... Definately cannot in my business or I would be out of business, but that is another story all together. CDing is just not generally accepted in society yet, just like any other stereotype. It's nice being a guy most of the time, don't need all that extra time to get ready!

all the best,
    Raquel

cd at work

did you converse? confess?

Cd at work this morning

Really now , did you engage in any conversation with her? May be you should have made an effort to. Your being nervous was most likely caused by the comment the guy made or because you were just a little jealous of her. What part of the world did this take place??
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by RaquelCD View Post
    Although, there was a guy with me that said to me, "hey do you know that she a guy"? I was thinking, if you ONLY knew! I have to admit, I felt a little strange, I don't know if was because I can relate with her or because the other guy said what he said...
    I can understand the unease when someone at work says something similar, last year a conversation was started about CD/TG people, and it got rather strange...I didn't join in...though it felt strange.

As for another person who's similar or the same, i'm lucky enough to have an older TG person working where i work too now, she's helped me a lot and given me a lot of confidence.

Here's the part i relate to though, when she started, another staff that i'd been friends with since i started working there expressed unease at working with her, and has since changed hours (he no longer works on the same days as her at all). But i panicked and in the end, that's how some people at work know i'm TG/TS, As i worried he'd hate me when he found out...but he's cool with it now.

If you worry about how the person who said that will react, i'd try not to think about it, i thought about it a lot and in the end, I shouldn't have, as he was grown up enough to see that i'm still the same creepy person! =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AH~ i live a lonely life... ;_;

AND !! did you talk with her ? how did that go ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If she was at work dressed like that, my guess would be that she is in the process of transitioning. It takes a lot of guts to sit in a business meeting in a skirt. She would probably appreciate some kind words since she is most likely suffering from society's perception of her.

FYI, I saw my first TG person 2 days ago in the grocery store. I couldn't tell if she had already transitioned or just very good at crossdressing. I didn't get a chance to talk with her because the store was very crowded.

The one thing I watched and noticed was how she walked right up to the checkout line and was treated with respect. After she left, no one seemed to make snide remarks. I wish that I had been in a better spot to talk with her and tell her that people accepted her for who she is inside.

She may have been transsexual, rather than a crossdresser. If that's the case, she is not a guy at all.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Banned Read only
    Sharon,

Exactly, and that's where (unfortunately) a lot of difference in acceptance levels lie. For example, a lot of employers will accept TS's because of their condition, but to declare that you're a guy that likes to dress as a woman is probably a different matter.
    Last edited by Emily Anderson; 05-14-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Slowly but surely, spelling and grammar return

Ts?

Hi, I think maybe she was a pre op transsexual? I wish I had the nerve to do that many years ago when I was younger
    Robyn
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Mistake at birth, should have been born a woman[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by RobynGirl View Post
    Hi, I think maybe she was a pre op transsexual? I wish I had the nerve to do that many years ago when I was younger
    Robyn
    I had the nerve at 55. It's been quite the journey
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Don't you wish it would be easy to do that?? I bet it took a long time to get to that point...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    Exactly, and that's where (unfortunately) a lot of difference in acceptance levels lie. For example, a lot of employers will accept TS's because of their condition, but to declare that you're a guy that likes to dress as a woman is probably a different matter.
    Curious but probably true. Is CDing for its own sake seen as basically frivolous, whereas having bodily modifications to resemble the other gender is somehow more serious?
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    The world is getting more accepting.

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    I didn't have much time or opportunity to talk, I said "hi" and that was about it. My associate and I were doing a meet and greet in the morning, and she was busy with her own paper work and stuff. It was nice to see that she was generally accepted and being treated well by her co-workers. A couple of the female employees there mentioned how they talk about beauty tips, getting their nails done and other girl stuff. It seems that the females are more accepting then the guys are. Sad but probably true... I do think she was a full time CD and not transitioning, just from talking to people. She did have a omni gender name too. It would be much easier if I would have met her out shopping or something, I would have definately said more than just one word, lol.

Business Meeting

Raquel,
    As a cder, I now empathize with women and the time it takes to get public ready. Have you ever had plans to go out efem, got ready and when finally done – finally! – and it was too late to go out? How about the frustration after dressing, and the realization the outfit is not ‘right’ and then changing just because the outfit didn’t suite my mood or fit right in my eyes. I am twice as bad as any GG.
    Wow – to think this woman had progressed thru all the stages and now comes to work dressed and is accepted and functioning. I bet she has quite a story.
    Like you, dressing efem to work would be suicidal.
    But, in retrospect, I have been efem in public (malls, shopping, restaurants, etc) and I have been ‘read’ and the world did not come to an end. I have approached many strangers in public while efem and spotted and conducted business or held congenial conversations. Actually some were great (enlightening) conversations and we all went about our business. (I am sure I made their break room talk) Maybe, just maybe - the ‘unaccepting public” is not as large and unaccepting as we think? Just a thought.
    Love,
    Stephanie – Woman at Heart