View Poll Results: Where do you dress?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • I only dress at home

205 52.30%
  • I dress at home and in closed CD circles (support group + outings)

37 9.44%
  • I dress at home and at CD friendly places (restaurants, bars, clubs...)

53 13.52%
  • I'm out and about in the public eye (even if not 100% confident)

97 24.74%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do I dress?

Banned Read only

Where do I dress?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I'm interested in knowing how many of us in this group are publicly out and about, and how many of us are stay at home girls.

Mod kill if overkill
    Last edited by Emily Anderson; 05-14-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: God, I wish I could spell

Stay-at-home . Except for once a year, a whole weekend in a hotel!!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

I dress and stay at home mostly, but do go out occasionally

Since I've toned things down somewhat recently, I usually reserve it any more for just going to the club or out with some friends. I used to do everything but have nothing more to prove really and quite honestly shopping bores me, not to mention no one really gives a hoot if I'm a guy in a dress anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I dress at home of course.

The real question should have been where do you go after you have gotten dressed? For me, the answer to that is where ever I need to go. Work, shopping, errands, etc it doesn't matter. Fem clothing only for this girl.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Banned Read only
    Paula,

True! Much as the word "dress" can be used as a noun, verb, adjective or an idiom, I used it incorrectly. I'm hoping the majority will understood and respond.

Gotta love pedantical people!

I dress at home only.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

Due to job, facial hair, and a wife who does not approve. Then, I am confined to my closet....
    No, those are my Panties]

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    I dress and stay at home mostly, but do go out occasionally
    Same as me. I dress MAINLY at home.
    I go outside occasionnally, as a rule in the country and in the mountains, that is mostly not in the town and definitely neither in bars, restaurants, nor clubs.

Hence I could not vote in the poll.

Kisses

Nadia

I only dress at home when i'm in the house alone. I have on one occassion drove during the night whilst wearing a skirt, tights and heels. Wow what a feeling. I didn't have the courage to get out and walk around, maybe one day.

Alie xx

I'm out and about anywhere I feel comfortable, although not where I live. I go to other nearby cities, trying to put at least 25 miles between home and my destination, often more. But I do enjoy girl time at home as well, I take all I can get since it isn't practical for me to transition at this time.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I dress almost every day after work. On weekends I mostly just dress at home. Then started going out for drives en femme. That is quite liberating in itself, but now I drive en femme for a purpose ... to go shopping.

I've been going out and about going on two years now. So far it's been pretty liberating. I no way pass. I just dress nice and behave myself. "Oh Shut Up Teresa !" LoL

I dress at home almost exclusively, but do go out dressed in a stealth manner often (femme jeans, tennis shoes, plain ladies tee shirt, no wig or makeup). Fully dressed only when wilderness camping, and sometimes on Halloween. Last week I drove to New Orleans wearing a jogbra and breast forms, and removed the forms before getting out of the car each time, otherwise I was dressed in my drab clothes.

Pamela

Out and proud and sometimes loud and know what to do if I draw a crowd.

Just at home. I am a happy "closet" girl!!!

I put down only at home but do dress sometimes for the ride home when I working nights I Chang in the car and drive the 27 miles. Last time I got out of the car to get the mail and paper out of the mail box at the side of the road .
    Angie

I am out and about, mostly taking walks, all the time. But I do not wear a wig or makeup, and do not try to pass. Just enjoy the feeling of being out in a dress or skirt.

Dear Emily

When I was younger I used to dress when I was on the road. Always brought my femme stuff, dressed at the hotel/motel and then went for a drive or to a local mall to just walk around. I am short and of small stature so I never saw any glaring looks. After my children grew up and went out into the world and my wife and I separated, I dressed all the time at home. It was rare to find me without something feminine on, but then I started dating other CD's and would dress and drive to their house or vice versa. Dressing is a part of my life I cannot give up nor do I want to. Its wonderful to sleep every night in satin PJ's or a lovely nightgown. Funny thing though, I have never been shopping enfemme. Hope to do that soon. What other people think is becoming less and less of an issue for me.

Hugs, Janice

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    Since I've toned things down somewhat recently, I usually reserve it any more for just going to the club or out with some friends. I used to do everything but have nothing more to prove really and quite honestly shopping bores me, not to mention no one really gives a hoot if I'm a guy in a dress anyway.
    I have to agree with you, since I came out to mySO it has gone to the point of what you said who gives a hoot anyway, there used to be the thrill of getting that fleeting moment in time that you were able to dress but that has also gone away.
    Enough said I don't want to hijack her thread.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

I'm very much comfortable going out to any place (i.e. clubs, restaurants, malls, grocers, beach, neighborhood parks, etc, etc.) I've even flown in femme and if I can do that I can pretty much go anywhere. Well, except for maybe flying internationally. However, anything is possible.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Although I am not 100% confident, I feel pretty comfortable going almost anywhere in public en femme. I don't go out very often, but when I do, I go shopping at malls or other shopping areas. I have never travelled on public transportation, but I would like to do it sometime. I have eaten at a couple of restaurants, but my main trouble with that is that women usually go in pairs or groups and I don't have a CD friend to go with, so I'm a little reluctant to go alone because I think that I will stand out more that way.
    At home, I do everything (when I can--meaning when no one else is at home) en femme: I read, watch TV, work in my garden, take out the garbage, etc.
    If I could, I would dress 24/7--maybe someday.
    warmly, Linnea

I dress at home,but go to a studio,where others dress.We all have a key,so you make it when you can.We chip in for the rent to keep it going.

[SIZE=2]Another closet case stay-at-homer here. I see there's more of us than we thought![/SIZE]

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Fully out and about and proud of how I present myself, in public and in the lime-light of day.

Keep in mind, a year ago, I was still strictly in the closet.

A lot can change in a year.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.