Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: church

Homogenised Church

Watch out for the church that wants to control people, and make them conform in a homogenised sheeple sense. A good church will emphasize the importance of the individual as a child of God. Plus, they help each other out in times of need. A church that seems more like a business than a haven, is to be avoided. If God is Love, how does the "wrong" clothing factor into that ?

church

In Florida, ladies dress between casual and dumpy. I do dressing up in my finest dress when going to church, and then after that, to a resturant that other ladies go to after church. I have been welcomed at the front door at all churches that I go to, and called mam as a courtesy.

Back in 1999 I was trying to quiting cding and going to Holy Name Cathedral one day I saw an unpassable crossdresser get out of his convertible and go to church. A couple - as if they knew his reputation or so - laughed at him. Then I observed this crossdresser in church and I told God I would never do this. But years later - I am now a very passable crossdresser, and I needed to shop in drag one day after church so I went to church for the first time in drag in my best church type skirt suit. I sat where I always sat and no one recognized or read me, even when we greeted and shook hands. But a man in a suit must have found me attractive because he sat next to me instead of his family. Then he later moved back to his family. After shopping and coming home, another black man had the hots for me and kept looking back and staring at me as I went to get stuff from my car.

I'll post a Pic thread of my church skirt suit collection.

I most often go to church 'underdressed'. I don't thinkanyone can tell. About ten years ago mySO 'outed' me to our congregation. Nobody has ever said anything to me since then.

My take on the situation...

My take on the situation is to go as you wish, as long as you don't inflict your beliefs and ways on others. I go to church to hear the sermon and through that be closer to God. I go there to worship God, not others. I'm not going to go to the most conservative church in my daisy duke outfit nor will i go to a Muslim mosque without being veiled. When it comes down to it, we are all children of God and if the leader of the church doesn't see that, you can go somewhere else or stay home and read the Bible/Qu'ran/etc. just as effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Davis View Post
    how many of us attend church dressed up?the little country church we were going to wouldnt accept it so we are looking for a new one.
    If you feel the need for religion, try a Unitarian church, they're usually welcoming & not a "church of the poison mind" ( Culture Club )
    or ask at your local LGBT center for a recommendation.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I visited a MCC church a few times in Ohio.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    About ten years ago mySO 'outed' me to our congregation. Nobody has ever said anything to me since then.
    Ummm, I think I know what you are saying, but just in case, for clarity:

Your statement, as written, could be interpreted as indicating that the members of your congregation, now knowing that you are a crossdresser, refuse to speak to you at all ("nobody has ever said anything to me since then").

I suspect, though, that you mean that no-one has spoken to you about the crossdressing, right?

Is the level of your interaction with the other congregation members pretty much the same as before? They didn't shy away from you at church dinners or whatever, just treated you as if they'd never heard the news? Or was there a little bit of drop that later recovered to normal?

we are going to try a non denomational ghurch this sunday i was going to go last weekend since the wife was out of town she called sunday morning to say good morning and asked what i was doing i told her i was shaving my legs so i could wear a dress to church she didnt like the idea that i was gonna go by my self this is so sweet she said she didnt want me to go without her on the first time cause she wanted to be there to support me incase some one started to give me any problems .if thats not love what is? sorry so long i couldnt stop once i got started.i believe that i go to church to worship God not othere high and mighty people they are sinners just like me they put their pants\skirts on one leg at a time if they dont like it thats between them and God.....
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Davis View Post
    people they are sinners just like me they put their pants\skirts on one leg at a time
    Hmmm, sounds like to be on the safe side, I should ask a priest how to put my skirts on one leg at a time

I attend church regularly, however, I never go completely dressed. I always have undies on though!
    Vivian

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian Best View Post
    I attend church regularly, however, I never go completely dressed. I always have undies on though!
    Don't people comment on your missing shoe or shirt or whatever??