Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could CD be just a phase?

Could CD be just a phase?

I gather that everyone is different and sees CD differently. I am young (25) and think that it's fun to CD, etc... but when I think of my future, I don't see myself CD. So I wonder if it can be a phase since I hear the proverb that once you CD, it's in your blood and you'll always keep wanting to do it. I can't speak for how i'll feel in 10 yrs, but maybe some people went through the same thought that i have 10 yrs ago and could comment?

Honey, if its a phase its lasted me 40 years. It does come and go, but each time it goes it comes back stronger! I suspect you need to start to begin to accept that it will be with you for life but, we are all different.

When I was 25 I surpressed it like anything but in the back of my mind it was always there. Good luck, embrace it and have fun!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I don't know if it's a "phase" so much as it is a "state of being". I recently balanced and integrated my feelings so I don't have to do it but choose to. I now have other reasons for doing it, other than personal satisfaction, that have to do with who I am and what my purpose is.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't think its a phase ... I purged last just over 6 years ago, and thought that was the end of it. It has come back into my life stronger than before now though ... you just have to learn to embrace it and enjoy it cos its not going anywhere ...
    ----------------------------------------
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

Southern California - San Gabriel Valley - Covina
    It's definitely a way of life. and a wonderful at that!

not so much a phase but a recurring emotion, or state of mind.
    To be honest i am at my happiest when en femme.
    Kasey

gender identity lies on a continuum and is varied for people, maybe you are gender fluid and so what is today may not be tomorrow
    The activist blog with action alerts for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Asexual, and Intersexual community!
    http://www.queersunited.blogspot.com

Your desire for it can vary greatly. When I was young it was more fantasy than reality. I thought about it off and on but it was not a central or even very important part of me. As I grew older I was more interested in trying it out. Once I hit the pavement things changed dramatically and it was something I needed once and awhile.....then once a month.....now I need it almost on a weekly basis.

You may not continue but I suspect it will always be there in the back of your mind.

Good luck and enjoy. You are at one of the best parts of your life and this is a fantastik time to be a t-girl!
    Sally

Could CD be just a phase?

I hope not.

Yes it`s a phase , that gos on and on and on my phase has lasted over 40 yeas so far

joanne

No, I don't think its a phase at all. Some CDs may stop for quite a length of time (I stopped for 10 years in my 30s) but it was always there nagging at the back of my mind and when I finally gave in and let Gemma back into my life she came back so much stronger.

So you may stop in the future, but i'm sure you will start again.

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

It's not a phase, it's more who you are... kind of like being left-handed; some people can will themselves to be right handed, but it just isn't natural for them.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

those of you who had embraced crossdressing and then stopped for a period of time? what made you stop?
    The activist blog with action alerts for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Asexual, and Intersexual community!
    http://www.queersunited.blogspot.com

Yes, it's a phase. I go through this "phase" about 3 to 4 times a week sometimes! 35 Years and counting.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Aspiring Member
    Of course it's a phase... isn't everything a phase?

There are even phases of crossdressing along the journey!

Will you ever have 0% desire to crossdress? I would say probably not.

Could you repress ALL desires you have so that no one would ever know you wanted to crossdress. Sure, millions of men do that!

10 years, 20 years, 50 years??? Maybe the term crossdress will be obsolete someday! Maybe everyone will wake up each day and say I'm going to get "dressed" and not worry about it.

Is there a reason your concerned about 10 years from now? Have you already been told to "grow out of this phase"?

I am like most others here who have been long time cd'ers. I too made empty promises to myself to stop when younger and now that I have retired I have stopped making those promises I have accepted that "Jenny" is indeed a party of who I am, and growing.

I do wounder if the members of this and other CD chat rooms are inside a bubble? Are we so supportive of one another that we give "false hope" to one another that everything will be ok and that eventually the world will accept us and our little curiosity? I think that is part of the reason after I found the support systems available in the different CD chat rooms and support sites that I excelorated my dressing and developed an attititude that it is my life not others I have to be concerned about.

I am sorry, I feel as though I am rambling a bit however I want to thank all those who support gurls in being themselves. Unfortunatly the world is not perfect, but we all can try to make our own little world perfect for ourself.

It's easy to quit crossdressing--I've done it hundreds of times!

Blessings,
    Rikki

Banned Read only
    It's quite possible that the desire does go away permanently, as witnessed by some of the people who disappear suddenly and no longer post in the CD forums. If only one of them would come back and let us know

Seriously though, I trust what I have always heard from the elders. The desire can wax and wane, but it will always be there at some level.

Quote Originally Posted by RikkiOfLA View Post
    It's easy to quit crossdressing--I've done it hundreds of times!

Blessings,
    Rikki
    A phase?? yes just keep telling yourself that.. I never thought of it that way. a phase.. hmmm
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

It's just a phase- little Johnny will stop wearing his sisters cloths.
    It's just a phase-John will stop when he gets married to the right women.
    Why does our neighbor John always have the shades down when his wife is gone?
    Room 227 ? O ya that's the old guy who wears women's panties.

I'll miss him but why was he buried in that dress? The makeup was over the top too.

Yes. Life is just a phase, too.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    This is a phase I've had my whole life, the times in which I didn't dress it was still on my mind.

If this is a phase, then it has been a 50 year phase and I can not even see an end in sight. LOL

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can only hope it is. But, I hope to grow wings and fly one day, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlinva View Post
    I gather that everyone is different and sees CD differently. I am young (25) and think that it's fun to CD, etc... but when I think of my future, I don't see myself CD. So I wonder if it can be a phase since I hear the proverb that once you CD, it's in your blood and you'll always keep wanting to do it. I can't speak for how i'll feel in 10 yrs, but maybe some people went through the same thought that i have 10 yrs ago and could comment?
    If it is a phase, I don't want to grow out of it. I've been doing it for almost 34 of my near 40 years. I wouldn't want to be any other way.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.