Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reasons to show your face in pics!

Reasons to show your face in pics!

1) It is more comfortable to talk to someone who is willing to show their face.

2) If a family member, coworker, s/o seen your pic on here that would mean they themselves go on this site!

3) I understand showing your face takes a lot of courage however each person that shows their face makes it slightly easier for the next person to show theirs.

If you have any other reasons feel free to post them.

This is not a post to bash on people that don't show their faces just a few reasons why they should. Me myself I didn't show my face till recently but thanks to my SO and this site I've gained a lot of confidence, support and a few friends.

own up to who and what you are and proclaim it to the world=its the first step to self acceptance with inner peace and harmony to follow.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

And a good reason not to (yet):

I don't want to look ridiculous. I have a wig on order but I have absolutely no make-up, so at the moment the very best I could do would be to paste an extremely drab male face.

That, in itself, is not ridiculous (I hope) but it is when set atop any female outfit.

Good for you if you started work from the head down but my work in progress started at the other end.

Maybe my next step, depending what the wig actually looks like will be a full length pic but with blanked-out face.

How long then until the full face? I don't know but my experiments with TAAZ suggest that it's likely to be quite a while - my best effort so far looks marginally more feminine than Bela Lugosi in his screen make-up. :-((

Platinum Member
    it's up to the person .... and their level of comfort a picture here on-line is a huge step for a lot of us ..... lol i was real new to computers when i joined here ....... looking and reading threads .... i remember my first post on the forum i was shaking i was so nervous ....frist picture scared the hell out of me to post.....

i say to each their own ... but their is something to be said abought our steps and comfort level we go through.....try a picture feel the rush............

being a tecno dinosaw, im flat out using this computa ,but im going to lerned how...
    n try not to crack the lense, ha ha ha
    i also agree that if some one see me, us.. on this site well...
    WHO.... has the problem,.. not i !!!

hugs n best wishess

Because I like to see how you feel when you CD. Are you happy about CDing and feel good about yourself, you will have a SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Mostly to show there is a person behind the words. With me, pretty much what you see is what you get (and then some). Those I have met from the Forum can verify it's the real me and all of my pics are "raw toonage" and never altered. Just me being me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    own up to who and what you are and proclaim it to the world=its the first step to self acceptance with inner peace and harmony to follow.
    Absolutely, assuming off course that the picture posted is one of the poster and not of a fantasy wannabe. At least if one posts a pic a face other than your own at least make it the same age. I PMSL every time i see an avitar pic of a 20 yr old beauty only to read that the poster is actually 50+. I'm afraid any credibility of that poster posting outdoor adventures just goes out the window.

Be honest be true, I respect those that don't because they are still "getting" there and they should take as much time as they need.

Kay

I will put up some pics of me once I get the time to take a nice set of photos and get my make, clothes and wig right.

Can be tough to get the time and place to do it properly.

Anna xxx

i'm not pretty enough to post my face. gotta figure out the makeup and all that jazz.

I will post as soon as i have something worthy of posting. Right now i have a shaved head, no wig, and a goatee. And my girlfriend doesnt like it when i shave my face. So i supose i could post a pic like that but, I think it would be abit silly.

Im going to be buying a wig as soon as i have some disposable income. And told my girlfriend that i wanted to go all out when i do get one. So i guess ill just have to wait, Although i do really want something worthy of sharing.

it's only up to each person, and any decision has to be accepted with no bad feelings or anger

Quote Originally Posted by kay_jessica View Post
    Absolutely, assuming off course that the picture posted is one of the poster and not of a fantasy wannabe. At least if one posts a pic a face other than your own at least make it the same age. I PMSL every time i see an avitar pic of a 20 yr old beauty only to read that the poster is actually 50+. I'm afraid any credibility of that poster posting outdoor adventures just goes out the window.

Kay
    Yes that is both creepy and scary. I don't look at myself as a beauty and I don't look at myself as ugly either however I would feel awkward talking to someone who did that and most likely scared if someone was using one of my pics. Thats probably one of the reasons I water mark my pics.

Banned Read only
    No pictures for me until I can get away from home and get this face hair gone and acquire some makeup skills. I mean who wants to see another bearded lady, eh? Maybe next week from Be-All...

And I agree about using an age correct (or close) avatar if you're gonna use a stand in pic. Doing that also helps keep one's mind focused closer to the reality of our situations and the worst of the pink fog at bay...

And Kay Jessica...(stern looking smiley here)...over 50 doesn't mean I'm confined to a rocking chair, fer cripes sake! I dive, swim, rock climb and trek more than any baby-faced 20 or 30 something couch potato I know! Boomers Rule, bitch! ( my $2 worth! (inflation you know) )...
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 05-23-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: off topic part removed

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Although I am a very private CDer, I don't have any problem showing my face---For the very reason that I consider myself unrecognizable in fem mode. The wig and makeup IS my mask.
    Even I am amazed when I compare my fem with Male photos (which you will NOT see here )
    I dont blame those of us who wear no makeup or still look like their male selves for not posting their face, but if you do NOT look like your normal public male self (like me) why not post it? I think its kinda "cool" and a matter of personal pride that I can do it.

At first I put up a picture that did not show my head. Only because at the time I did not have a wig. Since I got my first wig, I changed my avatar to one that shows my full face. Have not looked back since.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Many good reasons NOT to post your picture

Quote Originally Posted by kay_jessica View Post
    Absolutely, assuming off course that the picture posted is one of the poster and not of a fantasy wannabe. At least if one posts a pic a face other than your own at least make it the same age. I PMSL every time i see an avitar pic of a 20 yr old beauty only to read that the poster is actually 50+.
    Kay
    Quote Originally Posted by xxlolitaxx View Post
    Yes that is both creepy and scary. I don't look at myself as a beauty and I don't look at myself as ugly either
    1. I'm a closet CD. I'm not TG/TS, and do not plan to go out dressed. Or to come out to friends and family.

2. This is my fantasy, not yours. In my fantasy, I'm an attractive young woman. Not a homely old, bearded, balding 60 year old man in a dress.

3. Most of u wear wigs, makeup and fake figure enhancements. I use those same methods, except I skip the makeup and wear a mask instead. (Because I resemble the Frankenstein Monster in drag.) Is this such a huge difference?

4. I do not enjoy seeing me,(or any man), in my mirror or pics. I need to see what I imagine to be an attractive young woman. Someone who is a entirely different person than I. ( Remember, it's MY fantasy, not yours).

While my CD creations r certainly NOT perfect, let the CDs that R perfect throw the first stones!

Those r just my reasons, I'm sure there r many others!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

[SIZE=4]Every time I read a post like this I remember when I was so incredibly paranoid that I actually closed the drapes anytime I got on the computer. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Nowadays I have trouble with neighbors driving by while I am on the front proch taking pictures before or after work. They want to stop and talk or gawk. For some reason I want to document every dressing, I am proud of the work I have put into it and want to be able to look back and see what worked and not repeat what didn't work.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]When a person does not post their face picture it is entirely their option, we are all different, and unique.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Mostly I have problems restricting posting pictures. I just want others to see how happy I am...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I still get criticisms on some of my makeup, hair and dress for a 60 year old bald guy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4](damn, how did those pictures I took last night before going dancing get on here?)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I agree with your "if your family or friends see your face here and recognize it why were they here" theory.. I have the same feelings.. if my family or whatever were to come here and see my picture(s) and be able to tell it was me, and ask me about it therein, my question to them would be "WHAT??" What were you doing there??? would you (I) be inclined to say welcome to the "darkside"... I doubt that they would but I have to say one thing.. I have a niece who is a bit of a bible thumper.. bible thumper in the "I believe in god on sunday but the rest of the week is for having fun".. (a hypocrite in other words).. and she would be the one that I could see finding my picture here... and would I worry about her doing so?? she might be the one odd member of the family that might could accept my crossdressing.. or not because she might just say "sinner"...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

My apologies to anyone I offended with this thread for that was not my original goal with it. I figured that If I brought up some valid points it would help those who were previously scared to show their face and wanted to some possible courage to help them to change that. I am sorry once again for the discomfort that I caused because I don't want to come off as a bad person because that isn't me. However I still do hope that some of the positive points that were brought up help those who want to be seen. Maybe I am the odd ball out however even before I had any pics of me all prettified out I actually had a guy pic of me, I see nothing wrong with doing that. However I do understand that some of you do not wish to ever be seen and I understand that is a completely different situation than those of us who do but are still scaredy cats about it. Me myself I may act all tough on the forums but I'm still timid to go out in public, however over time I'm sure that will change so I so understand where you are coming from to a certain degree.

There are many reason

because i look like a guy , because i am fat , because i am butt ugly ,
    or because no one knows ...
    And well i guess there is something i need to tell you
    acceptance is the key ..and i did not take the picture but if you are going to play in the real world someone could snap a picture before you have a chance to hide lol
    oh no someone with a camera too late
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was absolutely scared to death to post my face, mainly out fear of being identified. It took me a very long time to muster the courage. I pulled it up, covered my face with my hand, peeked through my fingers and hit the button. I look at myself everyday in the mirror but I couldn't wait to see my picture posted. It was a really good liberating feeling that washed through me, like I had passed a milestone.
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

I have been for many decades very deeply in the closet and when I posted my first pics, less than a year ago on Flickr , I had come out yet to nobody.
    Then I posted the pics with my face carefully masked (fully or almost fully).

My avatar is a reminiscence from that era.

Little by little I opened to the world : I soon came out to my SO, I went outside for first time and I posted pics even of my face with natural hair (without make-up and wig).

However as a rule I prefer posting pics of me with a wig, cuz it makes me look better than my natural hair.

I am now about fully at ease with my dressing ,and if I were to be recognized I don't care at all.

I thank all of you for having contributed to my opening.

Kisses

Nadia

I am technalogically challenged and do not had the capability yet. Hang in there and it may happen yet with me.
    joank
    Southern California

I did a google search of my fem self. I did not find a trace to this site or the other two CD sites I visit. Thus if any of my family (other than my wife) were to say something about seeing me on this or the other two sites, then they would have had to do a fair amount of searching to come here. I would then want to know WHY they were searching for a site like this one in the first place.