Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reasons to show your face in pics!

There's already a picture of me in a dress somewhere on the internet to be publicly seen by anyone who knows where to look thanks to one of my brother's asshole friends, but I'm always afraid to post things on sites like this, especially in the main section. I don't wear a wig or anything when I CD so I'm rather recognizable no matter which gender I'm dressed as. So I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLynne View Post
    Thanks Lolita, this is a really thought-provoking thread.

No one should ever feel obligated to post pictures of themselves on the internet, as there can be no reasonable expectation of privacy. Circumstances may require some degree of caution on the part of individuals in order to assure their anonymity.

OK, enough of the disclaimer.

My list of reasons for posting a picture is as follows:

1. Sharing the joy. I'm not the prettiest here, by any means. But I'm happy with who I am, and wish to share that happiness with others who come here.

2. Encouragement. If posting my picture makes anyone else more comfortable with posting their own, we all benefit.

3. Friendliness. This is the only forum to which I belong. I absolutely love the ambiance and support I've found here. I'm real and approachable, and feel a visible image "puts a face with the name".

4. Solidarity. We each enjoy CD'ing in our own way. I'm almost always dressed en femme when reading or posting, and imagine many others are, too. Even if they're not, that's my mental impression. I think of myself as a girl, and believe I'm interacting with other girls. That's why I come here! And I want others to see me as one, as well.

Now if only I had a decent camera, I'd update my profile/avatar pic. You can only do so much with a cellphone!
    I agree with you.. I want to belong, in some way, to a community in some way.. and to feel like I might could fit in somewhere... someway...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...