Thread: Getting a female credit card

Getting a female credit card

I've had several e-mails about how I managed a credit card in my name:

sh.jpg

It's quite easy. Apply for a card in your own name and ask for a supplementry card in your fem name. The only question they ask on the form is the relationship. Answer = Defacto

I got mine through yesterday and got it activated today with no problems

Suzy

Banned Read only
    I don't know if they still do it but the Royal Bank of Scotland used to give their CDing customers the option of two photo credit cards, one in male, one in femme mode, which I thought was very understanding for a bank.

The relationship is known as your other half.

To most people other half means a partner.
    But NO! I am referring to the other half of yourself!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma England View Post
    The relationship is known as your other half.

To most people other half means a partner.
    But NO! I am referring to the other half of yourself!
    Think I mentioned this before...

Japanese gurls call their "other half"...

"my new half".

Love to see the kanji of this. It would make a great tattoo!

Thanks, Suzy. Your method is excellent. I got a card that way, saying it was for my daughter Rikki.

In many parts of the United States, such as southern California (where I live) the problem isn't getting a credit card. It's using it, since many places require a matching ID card, such as a driver's license. And in California, getting a femme name on a driver's license requires a legal name change, which means giving up your male name for all purposes.

Since I am full time, I may get around to doing that someday soon. But old names die hard. My late mother, who passed away over five years ago, still receives mail here (even though she never lived here).

Sic transit gloria mundi ("so passes the glory of the world.")

Blessings,
    Rikki

I plan on doing the very same thing shortly with my American Express Card. Glad to hear that it works.

My only fear is what happens when they ask for ID when you use the card. Most of the time that wouldn't happen. Restaurants and bars don't care. Hotels always ask for ID. I wonder what would happen if you used the card to pay for groceries and the clerk asked for ID.

Sounds to me like the idea works great if you don't get asked for ID. If they do and you present them with your regular ID and the names don't match then what? Cops??? What happens when you have credit cards in 2 different names?

Michelle

Using Credit Cards

I've never been asked for a photo ID when using my credit card here in Aus. They just get you to sign and then compare the signature on the card.
    When I checked into the hotel the other day I had already paid for the room, but not in my fem name. Maybe that's why they were cautious

But I'm thinking of making up my own ID just in case, in the form of an employee ID. What do you think?

Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 05-23-2008 at 08:36 AM.

Most places where we shop don't ask for a ID when using a credit card. Many places have scanners which you use and all of the self checkout stations never ask for ID when you use a credit card.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Suzy,

I agree with Rickki from LA. Your method of getting the card is a good one but using it here in northern California is not so easy as if the amount to be charged is more than a few bucks they almost always ask for ID, but it does depend on the store. Some stores don't ask for ID as it's an invasion of privacy and the signature is enough for them, but 9 times out of 10 when you scan your card through the little station they will ask to see a legal picture ID.

I so wish where I live in the US, we could get on board with the whole "chip and pin" thing like they do in the UK. We do pin numbers for debit cards why not credit cards?
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 05-23-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I use the debit card alot more because here in southern CA SA,s do not ask for ID when it is used . Just make sure there is money in the bank. I had a male SA at Marshall's telll be that the debit would be used as credit and asked for ID. I gave him my male DL and he never batted an eye. we made the transaction and I was on my way.
    joank
    Southern California

Some banks will put your picture on the credit card. We have ours on or credit cards and many stores that asked for ID, I would point out the picture and they say "OH", look at the little picture, then at me, and ring up the purchage. Having your picture on the card solves the ID problem. The way our bank does it thru their web site. You upload a picture of yourself and in a week you receive a new Credit card with your picture on it.

Hiya Suzy
    I made an ID card up for a function I went to as an Air Hostess, it's quite easy to do using Excel.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

male CC and ID

I use my male credit cards and checking account all of the time while enfemme and have not had any problems. If they ask for ID they get my male ID. I have yet to be questioned. I have had some double takes and one triple take. Often I find the clerks are so busy doing their job they never really look at me until they get to payment and ID. If you are TS or have this passing obsession I can understand getting a femme one. If you are a CDer what is the big deal. What a better way to educate some people than through some good interaction with a CDers. I know I do not want to stay in the closet for ever. Hey I am just a guy wearing feminine clothes. I do not have a problem with it so why should I be hiding the fact that is who I am. Around town and near home I am more cautious but I also do not CD around home unless I am coming or going. As I do have a wife and kids to protect and a job that I need to provide for them.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

hi girls
    In Europe we have credit card with PIN number
    So in pratice noboday has to touch your credit card
    You put it in reader and when amont is indicated on display you have to simply enter your PIN code (4 figures)
    So for us in Europe we don't need to provide let say "female " credit card as nobody has to read it
    US are in late ......
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post

I've never been asked for a photo ID when using my credit card here in Aus. They just get you to sign and then compare the signature on the card.
    When I checked into the hotel the other day I had already paid for the room, but not in my fem name. Maybe that's why they were cautious

But I'm thinking of making up my own ID just in case, in the form of an employee ID. What do you think?

I never thought of the Employee ID idea before. Nice one. Since I'm a programmer and planning soon to write an interface to an employee badge printer, I'll make you one when I get it to work. That is if you don't have one already.

Now the choice is where do you want to work. IBM / Quanta Airlines / Sun Microsystems or some no name company???

[QUOTE=RikkiOfLA;1305235]Thanks, Suzy. Your method is excellent. I got a card that way, saying it was for my daughter Rikki.

In many parts of the United States, such as southern California (where I live) the problem isn't getting a credit card. It's using it, since many places require a matching ID card, such as a driver's license. And in California, getting a femme name on a driver's license requires a legal name change, which means giving up your male name for all purposes.

I think that they require the same thing in Washington, and I am not able to make that change. I would like to get some form of ID that I could use to back up the credit card. I used the same method as others and had no trouble getting a duplicate credit card with my fem name on it.
    warmly, Linnea

I have no CC problems because my real name - Jesse - goes boths way as a guy and girl!

Be careful of American Express. My brother skipped paying 3 payments and now his $25,000 + balance is at 28% interest and they won't negotiate to lower the interest, something MBNA did.