• Between 2501$ and 5000$

11 5.14%
  • Over 5000$

4 1.87%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The cost of crossdressing

Banned Read only

The cost of crossdressing

How much would you estimate that you spend annually on your crossdressing activity?

As a secondary question, and not part of the poll, how many times have you wasted money on buying something that didn't fit, didn't look right, that ripped when you put it on, that fell apart in the wash, or otherwise caused you to despair?

Aspiring Member
    I'm allowed $10 a week... and usually spend $20

3,000 to 4,000 a year.... And no I never buy anything unless I try it on first so I don't waste... Plus I get tired of clothing and tend to give it away to friends or other crossdressers... Or goodwill.. So I can buy more!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Way to much

Emily,

I have to admit I blow way to much money on myself.

As far as the second part of your question......again way to much!

Especially when I was learning makeup.

Hugs Krystal.
    What does not kill us only makes us stranger!!!

usually it'd be in the lowest level, but since I've been replacing all my male clothes with female versions it's been a bit higher this year

Since my first outting fully dressed, my wardrobe has increased expedentially. I find that when I used to resist buying something I really fell in love with, now I find that I am trying to accorize and add to my wardrobe at every chance I can get. Shoppingggggggggggggggggggggggg what a wonderful feeling now that I know What I look like out and can't wait to do it agian. SO need to go on a trip agian I think.
    Laura

Banned Read only
    Not a lot really. Womens clothing (espessialy womens dress shoes) is a lot cheaper than mens clothes.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I am mostly careful about buying things that will fit for sure or buying where I can try it on. I've only made a couple of mistakes and they were not expensive ones. BUT my budget is tight and so I need to be careful ! One of my recent mistakes was a beautiful Hanky Panky Camisole (rust with light tan lace trim). Just a bit too big. Came off Ebay (anyone like that brand ?)

C.

I dont really spend much if I can avoid it. Income is very limited so theres usually a good few weeks between purchases as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jaina View Post
    Not a lot really. Womens clothing (espessialy womens dress shoes) is a lot cheaper than mens clothes.
    Wow... That's like 180 degrees from where I'm at... Womens shoes are way more expensive and ya need 10 times as many.. Ok at least I do.. And so do almost every woman alive except maybe my wife!! Lol.

You must have very expensive taste in men's shoes?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    As a secondary question, and not part of the poll, how many times have you wasted money on buying something that didn't fit, didn't look right, that ripped when you put it on, that fell apart in the wash, or otherwise caused you to despair?
    Yeah, I hate when that happens. That's the downside of not being able to try things on at the store. I sure wish that I had a store with clerks that I knew I could trust and try things on while there. Especially if that store was a Victoria's Secret!! Just bought a corset a couple of weeks ago that I LOVED, but the lace ripped on the 2nd wearing
    "Fear is your only God."

http://www.myspace.com/kaitlyna74

[SIZE=1]"I'm just a girl,
    Guess I'm some kind of freak
    'Cause they all sit and stare
    With their eyes " --- No Doubt "I'm Just a Girl"
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Wow... That's like 180 degrees from where I'm at... Womens shoes are way more expensive and ya need 10 times as many.. Ok at least I do.. And so do almost every woman alive except maybe my wife!! Lol.

You must have very expensive taste in men's shoes?
    This is my experience too: women's clothing is far more expensive than men's and I need a lot more of it. But I love to shop for my fem outfits, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyna View Post
    Yeah, I hate when that happens. That's the downside of not being able to try things on at the store. I sure wish that I had a store with clerks that I knew I could trust and try things on while there. Especially if that store was a Victoria's Secret!! Just bought a corset a couple of weeks ago that I LOVED, but the lace ripped on the 2nd wearing
    I used to have this problem frequently, but since I have been buying more in shops where I can try things on, I have had much better luck.
    Last edited by Holly; 05-24-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Multiposting is not permitted on the forum. Please use the multi-quote feature or the EDIT button to add content... Thanks
    warmly, Linnea

Between Dress Barn, Fashion Bug, Woman Within, Payless, and the needed undergarments, I spend about $50 to $75 a month, which is about $600 to $800 a year.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Well, I think my entire womens clothes collection is maybe $5000 to $8000 dollars worth accumulated after my last purge in 2000.

I have 8 Wacaol bras + matching panties + extra panties, so my Wacaol collection is worth around $800 ! - Got some cheap from ebay though.

less than 500

however I am but a poor college student so that will likely change when I make to the real world again.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Up until recently my spending was around $500, but lately it is going up as I get bolder ad more accepted by my wife. Many times in the past I would buy something on instinct nd it would not fit. It would sit in a drawer for a while and then be given away to a charity, but now I'm learning what my sizes are and buoyed by the beautiful Karren I'm ready to try some things on at the store. Next week will be my first venture to a dress barn to try on dresses.

I think my biggest expense is shoes but with every thing is under $5OO a year.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    Goodwill really helps keep costs reasonable.

Clothes, makeup, gas, motel rooms, drinks, shoes, bail bonds, worth every penny!
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Aspiring Member
    I probably spend between $500. and $1,000 per year,

I have not bought any male clothes now for well over 4 years, and as my clothes wear out replacing them with femme items wether they be slacks, shoes etc.

I am to the point now that I do not buy anything unless I can try it on. Living out in the country and having at least hour and half to go to shop and /or return, it is just too expensive to take things back

Denise

Smile The Cost of Crossdressing

With my wife and I being DINKS (Dual Income No Kids) we have a fairly good budget to spend dollars on what we want within reason of course.

We don't go crazy but if we see something we like we buy it. And we buy alot of clothes and accessories.

And of course whoever dies with the most makeup wins!

Smile

Seems like every year the Cd budget expands a little more

I really try not to spend much on it. I'm at under $500.00, I think. There are the usual things, the consumables, that one has to continually drop coin on, but other than that, I don't spend much. I'm at about $40.00 a month at most, which approaches the $500.00 mark. But the really expensive items, like wigs and breast forms, are a rare buy for me.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Before I found CD.com, it was about $500

But now, thanks to all of u, I'll probably be well over $2,500 this year. Like Marla said, it's those darn wigs, forms, and femskins that run up the $$$

It's so easy and cheap, to buy clothes at Goodwill and give back what u didn't like, on your next visit!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It ebbs and flows. Last year was a big year, probably about $3000 or so, if I include waxings and other spa services (those custom corsets can get pricey). This year, it's shaping up to be well under $1500.
    -Sedona