• Over 5000$

4 1.87%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The cost of crossdressing

I spend less than $500 annually
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Silver Member
    I have never gave this much thought before but I am sure I spend at least $100 a month on fem things. I always try things on first before buying and do not buy things on the internet that might not fit me. I have donated many things to goodwill when I need to reduce the size of my wardrobe. I must have ten times as many womens clothes as mens. The money I spend on fem things could be wasted on the usual things that guys do but in my case I have something to show for it in the end.

Usually things that are on sale or from Thrift stores.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Way less than $500! I don't want to use up all my beer money!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

I try not to spend to much money on "Sabrina", probaly about £50 - £75 a year. I tend to get most of my shoes in the sales or clothes from charity shops, this can limit the type of clothes but I have picked up some nice pieces. At the moment limited dressing time and storage space prevents me from buying to much clothing and footwear, so I tend to spend the money on jewlery items and accessories.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I spend far too much. My male side is starting to get very angry with the excess spending, and I'm starting to divert funds for my male side.

number 1

I feel a little shy buying women clothing but I like sexy skirts or dresses like the one here..what do you think
    G

I'm good for $100+ a month so that puts me in the middle category. However, I just dropped over $500 in an outing on Friday but that was a rare event. The stars aligned against me to have me find not only the cute flip flop sandals and pendant/necklace which were on my list but also a perfect dress from my fav boutique and matching Kate Spade peep heels from the Nordstroms half-yearly sale. Although I had been saving up for this trip, I'm in debt to myself for about $200 so I'll take a break from shopping until I pay that off.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

When going through the wife's clothes and shoes I was able to pick out alot of stuff that fit and things that I liked. Those I kept, alot went to charity.
    Really have only had to buy some bras & shapers and of course some shoes to go with the outfits. Occasionally if I find a piece on clearence I'll buy it skirts for $3 at KMart. Otherwise, probably under 500/yr.
    Why, BECAUSE I'M WORTH IT!!!

This is very hard to quantify.

There's your CD startup cost, your annual cost just on strictly girly things, then a whole other list of things that are crossdressing-related expenses.

Many of us have multiple sets of breastforms, multiple wigs, and tons of makeup. That's not something you have to continue buying on an all-that-regular basis, but I'm sure most people here have around $1000 in those categories.

I don't go shopping all that much. I picked up two new eyeliners a week ago. I'm getting a $35 skirt today. I got a $1.49 shirt at Goodwill a couple days ago. I could probably say that I spend as little as $1500/year on basic stuff like that.

But then you have to consider expenses that you would never have had if you weren't a crossdresser. I probably have $80 just in nice hangers with girl stuff on them. I have about $150 in organizational stuff for girl things. I have a big nice $200 suitcase with wheels that I only bought to transport girl stuff.

And then you have to consider how it otherwise impacts your entertainment budget. I've got a $150 hotel room this evening, I'm driving about 200 miles, I'll probably spend $35 on drinks, and I'm going to spend more eating out tonight and tomorrow morning than I normally would. I spend about $3000/year going out as a crossdresser a couple times a month. But it's not like I wouldn't do social things if I weren't a crossdresser, so it's not as big an expense as it looks.

But I'll go ahead and say $2501 to $5000 total.

Start up costs were the most. Fifteen hundred I'd guess. So far this year a modest one twenty five. But then there is the jewelry counter, Hmmmmmmmm.

Being cautious with my leisure budget I use to buy something only if I am sure it is a top choice for me, so that I never wasted one penny on an unappropriate choice of fem cloth. Moreover I never purged clothes, other than those too old to be of use.
    Then throughout my life, CDing's cost has been certainly less than 100 $ per year as an average.

Due to the huge increase of my time spent on CDing since early 2007, I bought new wigs, and make-up for first time as well, so that last year I spended much more than average but still less than 500 $.
    Moreover, having come out to my wife, she gave me recently a hundred of her clothes she could no more be wearing, so that I own at the moment a huge wardrobe, with a great variety of shapes and colors.

And if I were to want to wear a new skirt, I just had to borrow a new one from my wife.

In conclusion, CDing is by far the less expensive of my hobbies. For instance visiting various countries around the world costs me much more !

Kisses

Nadia

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Wow... That's like 180 degrees from where I'm at... Womens shoes are way more expensive and ya need 10 times as many.. Ok at least I do.. And so do almost every woman alive except maybe my wife!! Lol.

You must have very expensive taste in men's shoes?
    I do have rather expensive tastes in men's shoes. Mine cost from $175 to $325 a pair, but they are usually worn for 10 to 15 years. I don't do that with my female shoes! but, like Karren I have way more women's shoes. Like about 10 to 1!!

My feminine wardrobe is so extensive now that I don't usually spend more then $500 in a year. I buy a lot of things on sale! In years past I did spend a lot more, but since my wife passed away I don't go out like I used to. Therefore, I don't need as much. In fact, I really need to reduce my wardrobe not enlarge it.

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I do have rather expensive tastes in men's shoes. Mine cost from $175 to $325 a pair, but they are usually worn for 10 to 15 years. I don't do that with my female shoes! but, like Karren I have way more women's shoes. Like about 10 to 1!!
    Yikes!!! That's a lot of money on guy shoes. I rarely go over $100 for those and while they last a long time, I don't feel any need to spend any more. On the other hand, my previously referenced Kate Spade heels set me back $175 for which I didn't even blink an eye. Moral of the story, I'd much rather invest the extra money in girl shoes than guy!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I voted $501 to $1000 as I know that's the bare minimum, but if it happens to be a year where I want replace my wig or my forms you can double that!

Also if I were to add into the equation all the additional expenses I have because I'm going out doing things at TG events when en femme ... like for example next weekend our Sacramento Transgender Group the River City Gems, are having a weekend en femme in San Fransisco for everyone. The cost for a hotel and dinner plus extras does mount up, then there are other TG events like Diva Las Vegas, California Dreamin', SF Pride, etc etc etc..... it all adds to the expense. Crossdressing can be so EXPENSIVE if you let it!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

ads we'd like to see

new heels: $40.
    dress you got at a thrift shop: $5.
    lacy stockings: $12.
    assorted make-up: less than $20.
    Looking femme & fabulous: PRICELESS.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 05-25-2008 at 07:33 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I try to hold it to about $100 per month, but then I visit Ebay and get carried away. Sometimes it's $200.

Hold it!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    3,000 to 4,000 a year.... And no I never buy anything unless I try it on first so I don't waste... Plus I get tired of clothing and tend to give it away to friends or other crossdressers... Or goodwill.. So I can buy more!!

Y'all leave me alone for a bit - I'm searching to see which Goodwills are closest to Karen. I think I've got some shopping to do!

Had to vote on the current exchange rate against the pound,so quite favourable,Glad it wasnt in euros
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Since I share about half of what I've got with my SO, it's hard to say. Maybe about $500 just on "my" stuff!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Now I get it

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Also if I were to add into the equation all the additional expenses I have because I'm going out doing things at TG events when en femme ... like for example next weekend our Sacramento Transgender Group the River City Gems, are having a weekend en femme in San Fransisco for everyone. The cost for a hotel and dinner plus extras does mount up, then there are other TG events like Diva Las Vegas, California Dreamin', SF Pride, etc etc etc..... it all adds to the expense. Crossdressing can be so EXPENSIVE if you let it!
    Thanks for that info Rachel!

I just realised that I've saved enough $$$ by staying in the closet, I can afford a vacation in Europe this summer! Woopee!
    Unfortunately, I will miss all of u, and the closeted Sherry, while I'm gone!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I spend about a grand per year on crossdressing, versus about $500 on a men's suit, jeans, and other dude stuff. Clearly, Andrea is a bit more fussy. I always buy online and never used stuff (just a preference thing). I rarely have size issues, but it does happen. When it does, I give stuff away to Goodwill or something.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

I have spent as much as US$3,500 in one year. A few years ago I had gained so much weight that NOTHING fit any more. So I stopped crossdressing until I lost the weight and could fit in my clothes again.

Robyn P.

Will probably have to join shopaholics 12 step program-

MY loving wife has me budgeted to $20.00 per week but I could easily triple that given the chance.
    Amanda

In the beginning I had this vision that I was a cute little girl.. not little girl as in young but rather little as in small in size.. which was true in my fantasy, in reality I was (am) a rather sizable girl.. and so the second part of your non-poll question brought back a lot of memories to this point.. I bought some clothes that, when I think of it now, really makes no sense to have ever been bought... some in the "dare to dream" category.. I never had anything fall apart in the wash because it always seemed to fall apart on me.. I ripped some of my moms dresses, wondering why of course when they fit a few years earlier.. but then that was when I was in junior high and then in high school I tried the dress on and it seemed to rip a bit.. I didn't notice that it was even tight the last time I wore it... and now I have the right size dresses and skirts.. mostly by hit and miss on sizing...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...