Thread: Underdressing in public

Question Underdressing in public

I underdress all the time as much as I can. I have no problem with the panties, cami, pantyhose, socks, etc. But how do you get away with wearing a bra in public during the summer months without people noticing. I have done so in the winter when I could wear a jacket, but not in the summer. I am not ready to out myself completely at this time.

Hugs,
    Nicole

In your case, very carefully! No seriously, you have to choose shirts with heavy materials and/or patterns that break up any lines that the bra creates. If you choose carefully it can be done successfully. I have for years. One caution though, no pats on the back or hugging!
    Vivian

Master of My Domain Notbychoice's Avatar
    I too underdress and live in a sub-tropical environment. That really is going to be really tough. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I would never try it. I hear Antarctica is nice this time of year.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hi Nicole , I also underdress as much as possible . A few things I have learned from trial and error . I wear bralets , they are light , have seamless cups and are pullover so no back hooks , also dont wear anything too tight or transparent , if you perspire you will show the outline of the bra because it will absorb persperation and soak threw your top. (sounds uckie just talking about it ,Girls dont perspire like we do ) The same goes for panties and thongs , Just be carefull and enjoy yourself . Anyway I hope this is a little help to you ! Tomara

I buy a bra that is thin in cup, cut the excess material and use iron-on tape to make it flat in front. A print shirt should make the outline not noticable.

Oh that's easy, I just don't care what anybody sees or says about it. I wear for me, not anybody else.
    I've only ever had one problem. I donate plasma twice a week. Once I was wearing a bra and someone noticed it and told the management. So the next time I was there, I got called to the nurses office and they asked me why I was wearing a bra. I told them because I am a crossdresser. Then I was asked if I was gay, which I am not. I'm bi but they dont need to know that lol. Then after a few other questions, I was asked not told to not ware a bra when I donate. I haven't stopped totally, as I wear sports bras everyday to work.

I wear a bra everyday and don't care who notice's it is women that will notice alot of them will give the knowing smile.

I agree, I wear a bra all the time and most people don't even notice and if they do do not say anything about it. I do wear a Padded Bra under a T-Shirt and then wear a Western shirt over that that I do not snap up but leave open.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I have no problem wearing an unpadded 'A' cup bra under a t-shirt even in the Summer. Just make sure the shirt is a bit on the large side so it isn't tight to your skin. I've never had a problem.

The only thing I am careful about is doing certain things that makes it more obvious, like reaching out straight with my arms or crossing my arms when somebody is in a position behind me to see the back of my shirt, since either one of these positions will stretch a tshirt tight across my back, making the band of the bra and straps plainly visible.

If I am going somewhere where I'll be with people for longer periods of time, or people who might tend to look a little closer, I will throw a button-down shirt over the tshirt and not button it or tuck it in. It isn't much warmer, but really hides the bra underneath.

And, as somebody mentioned above, be careful with the 'perspiration' thing. I thought I was doing really well one time on a hot muggy day, went to use a restroom and caught sight of myself in a mirror that was set up so I could see myself from the back. My bra was outlined plain as day in perspiration
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I tend to shift over to camisoles in the summer. To me they are sexier than bras and easier to conceal when you need to be discreet. Check out different cami's and I think you'll find some cute ones.

Or, try bralets.....they are the best in the summer months when you just have to wear a bra!
    Kristen

Smile

That wouldnt be for me wearing a bra to work unless under a sweater

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Nicole,

IMHO it's fairly easy to wear a bra under your clothes without detection, even in the summer. I live in the hot Sacramento valley where it often reaches 100 degrees. Here's what I suggest.

1) Pick a bra that is a seamless micro fiber type that also has thin straps and no little buckles in the back or lace edged cups. Pick one that that stretches across your pectoral muscle rather than one that has a shaped cup.

2) Choose a loose fitting, preferably dark colored shirt in cotton.

3) Try not to bend over or round your back too much. There's a slim chance that where the band hooks in the back will show a small bump if you do.

However, despite all of this, let's be honest, you can get away with such a lot without anyone noticing at all. I personally do wear a micro fiber type, but I don't always follow my own advice about lace or buckles. Some of my favorite bras, that I wear all the time, have lace cups and buckles showing little bumps on my shoulders. Also, I don't always wear dark colored shirts. I wear what I want to wear and even find that a slightly showing bra strap through my clothes is never actually perceived as a bra strap by anyone. People only see what they want to see, at least, that's to say I've never had any problems. Oh, and of course all of this is in (feminized) boy mode when outside of work. When en femme, obviously… anything goes!

Good luck and remember, it's all in your mind. People are not that interested enough to notice the details. A girly pink t-shirt will get you looked at more than the suggestion of something (only you know it's a bra) under your dark colored guy t-shirt.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I wear panties, bra, and cami everyday to work. One reason you can sometimes see a GG's bra, is the material that makes up the blouse is usually thin and sometimes the blouse is also very tight.
    My drab shirts are thicker, courser, looser, and usually a darker color. Thus my bra and cami are not noticably at all.

Silver Member
    I have been wearing a bra under my male shirts all year long for many years. I choose a bra that has thin material in the cups and lies flat on my chest. A dark clored shirt or one with a checkered pattern will cover the tell tale bra lines.