Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing-Private or Public?

Private for now (except for undergarments at work - he he), but will be a goin' public sometime soon.
    XOXO,

Racheal

Amelie
    Quote Originally Posted by deanh22
    Just panties for me so can go out in public without fear
    Wow! You must be brave to go out in just your panties. you must have nerves of steel. Lol

I have to go out dressed, even if it's just to a park bench at night or a front stoop talking with my boyfriend or one of his friends.

I think Veronica fron AZ has made a good point. Sometimes it is nice not to get all done up, but to just wear a few fem items. I sometimes go out in jeans and a t-shirt, with make-up and wig. Not totaly fem but similar to what a GG might normaly wear.

Deeaz
    I agree whole heartedly with Mand very few are truly passable so just go for it. I went out my second time dressed and now go out everytime I dress, I can't imagine staying in after all that work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie1
    I was kind of curious about how everybody enjoys their crossdressing, specifically is it satisfying enough for most people here to dress up privately at home or do most people here feel like they have to dress in public and be able to "pass" to better enjoy their crossdressing? I have yet to actually summon up the courage to actually go out crossdressed and I used to think that it would be enough for me to just dress up at home but recently I've started thinking more and more about wanting to actually go out in public eventually. Dressing up is nice, don't get me wrong, but yet it feels somehow vaguely unsatisfying just hanging around dressed up at home, especially by myself. It may be awhile before I actually do venture out in public and I'll probably need to discuss it with my wife first but, at least to me, part of the thrill of crossdressing is being able to show oneself off and attempt to "pass" as a woman. What does everybody else think?
    Once I get all the pieces for my wardrobe assembled, I plan on being somewhat of a drag queen - so I'll be going to the clubs quite a fair bit. I don't dress to pass; I enjoy over-the-top looks and outfits from the cybergoth side of the fashion world. Basically, the way I dress would turn heads regardless of gender.

And you call yourself Shy exactly why?....

Hugs,

Melissa

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I go into public dressed as female on a regular basis. Last summer at my job, I followed the female dress code and no one complained. 3+ years of hormones allow a rather gender-fluid existance.
    Before my graduation from college less than a week ago, I went to class as female occasionally.

Charlie

rhannicd

Red face

I am in the public eye very often because of my profession. I know I am not at the point where I can pass in public yet, that is the ultimmate goal. I would have to say I'm a private cd, BUT, I have been known to go to adult bookstores on occasion and come out dressed in the arcades! Being a trucker also allows me the cover of night driving which is never a problem being read because other drivers can only get a quick glance. There was one occasion in Iowa one night where I stopped at a picnic area/ rest stop and was sitting at a table near my truck. A car pulled up with a guy driving who didn't seem to pay any attention to me. I guess because he really had to pee!!

Thanks for all of the interesting replies. I think that I will definitely try crossdressing sometime once I get all of my "gear" assembled and if my wife is o.k. with it. As to whether I'll be able to be "passable" or not, I don't know. I seem to take a lot after my mother in terms of my facial features and I have a fairly small build so I think that I will be able to "pass" o.k. in terms of appearance. I do have a fairly deep voice and there is the ever-present "adam's apple," although I'm not sure exactly how noticeable it is. My primary concerns about crossdressing in public tend to be mostly logistical such as figuring out to pay for things (if I go out shopping or out to eat by myself), using the restroom (if absolutely necessary), and how to handle it if I were ever required to present identification.

I love to go out in public but it only a few times a year, I wish it could be more. Far as passing, I do not even come close to passing while, but it's half of the fun seeing the reactions on people.

Sabrina,

If I could only just get past the front door would be some thing ! but it's just a dream, I have all the gear I need. allthough I need to improve my make up skills and speech is something I don't think i'll ever get right

A girl in the works

Goig out????

I have ventured out into my back yard, dressed. At first, staying near the back door, incase one of the neighbors should be out . Now, not so worried about it. As for going out the front door, wellllllll now, that's a different story. I ventured out to go to the garrage wearing jeans, white t shirt, breast forms and bra. Went well, but very nervious. Think tha I was seen by neighbor . Eventually, I would like to venture out dressed, but still haven't got the nerve up, yet, anyway. I am still trying to get that make up thing right (hate the racoon eye thing that keeps happening). Eventually some day will make it out, though. Even if it is just for a quiet walk along the beach some night.

Hugs,
    Ariel

Eileen1969

Arrow cd.ing

I was once very private and today I can come and go as I please! I am decked out right now and at a local community place! the sweetness of being girls!
    take care stay sexy Eileenxoxo
    Last edited by Julie J; 05-16-2005 at 04:42 PM.
    "Love my legs and envy them...."
    "Love is all I need....
    "Sexy and know it!"

Crossdressing - Private or Public?

I'm not "out" to anyone other than John. My crossdressing is exclusively private and I have no compelling desire to appear in public - though I dog-sat for a period and we would walk the dog in the evenings; it felt nice but I guess it was the novelty factor of walking arm in arm with my man. I am lucky, I know, and have no need for the appreciation or admiration of others - I make a hit with John and that is all I need. I don't dress every day - domestic circumstances don't permit - but I'm always en-femme at bedtime; nails, nightie and a bracelet or two.

I never dress in front of John - preferring to maintain the feminine mystique (if he wonders what is underneath he has to find out!!) Often I will allow him to select my wardrobe, which he will lay out on the bed, with items of jewellery. Underwear is my choice (sometimes I feel naughty - if you know what I mean!) When I come downstairs he is usually starting to prepare the evening meal, and I take great pleasure in presenting myself to him dressed completely for the evening. He never fails to compliment me on my turnout, and I revel in his admiration. My role is to look nice and get the pre-dinner drinks.

For the record I do the housework, dusting, vacuuming, mopping and ironing - which is my favourite; I even iron the teatowels and enjoy ironing my man's boxers!

He's been reading over my shoulder as I've been typing this and I've just been reminded of an unfulfilled wifely duty so I must go!

I do want to go out en femme, still have alot to do and learn before I'm ready. I'm not worried about passing. I just want to a cute t girl. I much rather go out clubbing with a couple of other girls. To be just one of the girls would be wonderful. Planning on joining a cd support group soon. I need advice about clothes and makeup.
    Hugs
    Mia Lynn

GypsyKaren
    I always did my dressing at home for years and years, but a few months ago I finally bought a wig and got make-up down, so now I go out. I find it to be much more satisfying. I pass to most of the people most of mthe time, and I really don't worry about being made. If it happens, it happens.So what? Life goes on.

I've been getting dressed at home for years but am going to go public soon. Looking for more these days

dressing

i have to dress in private because of circumstances re family

Always at home and when my wife is not present. I dream someday of being accepted and going out. Maybe if I am in a city away from the small town I live in, I wii try going out.

AbbyLee

I wear mt panties,garterbelt and stockings under my pants when I go out but that is as far as I have gone!!!

Want to be public... My closet is my prison.....And besides Im usually a nudist while stuck at home, in male mode... Had to be a CD to enjoy dressing...

Cross Dressing - Public or Private

Been Dressing for a long time. I have gone out fully dressed a number of times. I still get nervous, but find most people do not notice. Love going out dressed up but have been it private for a while as I have not been able to shave my hands which have hair on them.

Always in private and not as often as i wish.I have, once after a bottle of wine ventured out into my garden,which is overlooked,it was 1am and that was in the days before them dam security lights.It gave me a real buzz,to hear the sound of my heels on the path.Other than that i've worn stockings and suspenders under my jeans to go to the local shop.
    Nikki

public or home

going out isn't as big a deal as it used to be.
    living in the country i can pretty much dress when i want.
    i can be outdoors enfem as we have no close neighbors.
    a lot of times going out wearing women's jeans or a pair
    of girly shorts is enough.
    hugs,karen.

Im only dressed up at home,I would love to go out in publc one day but like all the other girls passing is my main problem.I think if i did oxford st would be the best place to do it.I was at a gay bar with my brother the other week(im not gay,but my brother is) and a cd came into the bar and she looked fantastic i could not take my eyes of her,10 points for her.

Gemma
    I dress in private but having been out the once the feeling it gave me was fantastic and since then I don't believe I dress at home as much, I have full support from my lady and my daughter is at school and stays at her friends a lot, I also have a good job where I am off a lot, but to dress up at home does'nt give me the same excitement as it did when I went out. It should do really as I hav'nt anybody to go out with now